Could we attract the worlds greatest manager, Twente Twente Hyndscheit?

Tagsbear

Twente noticed that the exact reason we lost at Kilmarnock was due to not bringing on Steven Davis to calm things down and shore up the game, he also noticed that the reason we drew at St Johnstone was due to bringing Steven Davis on to shore things up and calm the game down.

Could we attract the guy, hundreds of posters on here know him well :))

Twente noticed that the exact reason we lost at Kilmarnock was due to not bringing on Steven Davis to calm things down and shore up the game, he also noticed that the reason we drew at St Johnstone was due to bringing Steven Davis on to shore things up and calm the game down.

Could we attract the guy, hundreds of posters on here know him well :))
He's not entirely wrong.
We were under the cosh at Rugby Park due to surrendering control of midfield.

We were under no pressure and well in control at McDermaid Pk.

Was fairly clear to me what he meant.

Folk are just screaming any old nonsense in reaction to a form slump and couldn't care about the contradictory criticism even if it's really obvious it's rubbish.

Just a wee bit of a piss take, after Killie the criticism was that the manager didn’t bring on Davis to keep possession and control the match, left us wide open etc, then he does exactly that at the weekend and the criticism is the exact opposite and he shouldn’t have tried to shore it up, too negative etc.

Damned if you don’t , damned if you do.

Was fairly clear to me what he meant.

Folk are just screaming any old nonsense in reaction to a form slump and couldn't care about the contradictory criticism even if it's really obvious it's rubbish.
Sorry but it just came across as an incoherent ramble to me some context helps.

He's not entirely wrong.
We were under the cosh at Rugby Park due to surrendering control of midfield.

We were under no pressure and well in control at McDermaid Pk.

It was an individual error, in both games, that cost us, the substitutions didn’t play a part in the loss of the goals.

Does Goldson win the header at Rugby Park if Davis is there, does Katic blooter the ball up the park instead of hesitating if Davis isn’t there?

I really wish hindsight was all that is needed to solve our problems, which have become very predictable.

It was an individual error, in both games, that cost us, the substitutions didn’t play a part in the loss of the goals.

Does Goldson win the header at Rugby Park if Davis is there, does Katic blooter the ball up the park instead of hesitating if Davis isn’t there?

In 'hindsight' if we'd played like Rangers and not St.Mirren, we'd have been 4 nil up, and the mistakes wouldn't have cost us at all.

This is way to sensible.
You’ll be one of those happy clapper types soon.

Does Jack mark May better?

Still begs the question of why Davis was not inyroduced when our midfield was being bossed at Rugby Park. Maybe his introduction changes the game?
Similarly removing Alfie on Sunday surrendered the initiative that we'd built up.

I think the manager got both calls wrong but we'll never know.

I always get that label, if you’re not full blown bonkers and even semi rational you’re a happy clapper :))

I’ve got the clap!!!

The problem as I see it is that people always seem to have an opposite opinion when something goes wrong and agree with what is done when it goes right.

Another problem is that the game on the pitch from what a player sees is different from what is seen from one stand or another stand or the view on tv. Claiming a player should have done x y or z is easy from a seat away from the action.

Still begs the question of why Davis was not inyroduced when our midfield was being bossed at Rugby Park. Maybe his introduction changes the game?
Similarly removing Alfie on Sunday surrendered the initiative that we'd built up.

I think the manager got both calls wrong but we'll never know.

I think after Alfie missed yet another great chance he though it’s just not happening for him and didn’t want the same to happen there as it did at Rugby Park.

Its easy to say it was wrong after the game, however I’m willing to bet if we’d lost the same goal due to an individual error with Davis on the bench the criticism would have been ‘why didn’t he learn from Rugby park, we had to see out a tight game, Davis should have been on, Morelos was well off it why was he kept on’

I think after Alfie missed yet another great chance he though it’s just not happening for him and didn’t want the same to happen there as it did at Rugby Park.

Its easy to say it was wrong after the game, however I’m willing to bet if we’d lost the same goal due to an individual error with Davis on the bench the criticism would have been ‘why didn’t he learn from Rugby park, we had to see out a tight game, Davis should have been on, Morelos was well off it why was he kept on’
Like I said, we'll never know.
The game didn't change at Rugby Park and we lost three points,from a winning position,that's a simple fact.

The game did change at McDermaid Pk and as far as I can recall we didn't create anything after the substition,we lost two points from a winning position.

Clearly an Enschede man. We might have to contact Blue Pieter and ask him to have a word.
In a more serious note, you have to let it wash over you at times in here, sure they contradict each other, and you may disagree, but In general if it’s complete nonsense it gets a ribbing, if it’s valid but unworkable, that gets pointed out. Plenty get shot down in flames, but there are many valid points too, it’s the mad swing of supporting Rangers with all the emotion they throw up.

Just a wee bit of a piss take, after Killie the criticism was that the manager didn’t bring on Davis to keep possession and control the match, left us wide open etc, then he does exactly that at the weekend and the criticism is the exact opposite and he shouldn’t have tried to shore it up, too negative etc.

Damned if you don’t , damned if you do.
I think a lot of the complaints after Sunday weren't about bringing on Davis, it was switching back to the 4-3-3 that was failing and putting us under pressure in the first half.

The Killie game and the St Johnstone game had completely different game states in the second halves. The Kilmarnock game we had lost control, bringing on Davis to slow down the game and keep possession was necessary. We might have conceded anyway but at that point he should have made the sub. On Sunday we were well in control, St Johnstone had no idea how to deal with the 2 strikers and we looked likely to score a 3rd. Changing back to the other formation meant a change in mentality, it was to see the game out. And then when we conceded we once again struggled to create anything.

Gerrard needs to improve on being able to manage a game.

Its nothing to do with hindsight. Nobody around me at the game was happy with the sub and we were well on top, the only team creating chances and had managed to turn the game round to get on the front foot. Its nothing like Kilmarnock where the game had gone frantic and we couldnt get out.

Does Jack mark May better?
You’re the first poster I’ve read “blaming” Jack for his part in the goal.
I make no apologies for suggesting that this is because Jack is a fans favourite.
We all know and accept that the centre backs shouldn’t have conceded the corner in the first place but, once they had it should have been defended better and, for me, Jack allowing May to get his shot away was the single biggest error of the move.

Its nothing to do with hindsight. Nobody around me at the game was happy with the sub and we were well on top, the only team creating chances and had managed to turn the game round to get on the front foot. Its nothing like Kilmarnock where the game had gone frantic and we couldnt get out.
Gerrard brought Davis on to control the game.
At the time, and he wouldn’t have been aware of the cock-up that was going to happen, it was an easy decision, and the correct decision to make.
This is regardless of how the guys in the pub see it.
Key point here is that Gerrard wouldn’t have expected, wouldn’t have planned for, the calamity that led to the equalising goal.

Reactions: GF7
At the time, and he wouldn’t have been aware of the cock-up that was going to happen, it was an easy decision, and the correct decision to make.
Key point here is that Gerrard wouldn’t have expected, wouldn’t have planned for, the calamity that led to the equalising goal.
It would've been the right thing to introduce Davis at Rugby Park, we were not in control of that game and StveDavis might've helped in that respect.

We were in control on Sunday and under no pressure, in fact we looked likely to add to our lead.

You’re the first poster I’ve read “blaming” Jack for his part in the goal.
I make no apologies for suggesting that this is because Jack is a fans favourite.
We all know and accept that the centre backs shouldn’t have conceded the corner in the first place but, once they had it should have been defended better and, for me, Jack allowing May to get his shot away was the single biggest error of the move.
The corner wasn't conceded when the 2 CB's got too close to each other it was actually the next phase of play.Steven Davis had control of the ball and tried to be too cute with a ball to Jack instead of just clearing it,St J player picked up ball and got to the byeline and his cross was headed behind by Katic for the corner.
Poor all round.

It's easy to say that in hindsight

But the fact is if Katic didn't %^*& up big time we would've won that match, it had nothing to do with Davis or anyone coming on and purely on Katic.

My own twente twente take is he should have started both games if the league was the priority, but you make a good point. :))

The corner wasn't conceded when the 2 CB's got too close to each other it was actually the next phase of play.Steven Davis had control of the ball and tried to be too cute with a ball to Jack instead of just clearing it,St J player picked up ball and got to the byeline and his cross was headed behind by Katic for the corner.
Poor all round.
You‘ve just emphasised my point.
Katic’s error was nowhere near as critical as it is quoted on here.
If we’re going to blame him, why not the guy who made the previous error, wherever and whoever that was?

It's easy to say that in hindsight

But the fact is if Katic didn't %^*& up big time we would've won that match, it had nothing to do with Davis or anyone coming on and purely on Katic.
Well, it would appear there were a few errors after Katie made his.
As I asked in my previous post, at what point do you stop and blame one man, one error.
Why not the error before Katic’s?
By the way, for me, it’s the last critical point, avoidable error.

Well, it would appear there were a few errors after Katie made his.
As I asked in my previous post, at what point do you stop and blame one man, one error.
Why not the error before Katic’s?
By the way, for me, it’s the last critical point, avoidable error.

I suppose we could even blame Morelos for not making it 3 1 with a good chance shortly before that.

Ultimately conceding 2 poor goals at St Johnstone is not good enough, and scoring 2 should be good enough to win. Needs to be chalked down to sloppy defending.

It would've been the right thing to introduce Davis at Rugby Park, we were not in control of that game and StveDavis might've helped in that respect.

We were in control on Sunday and under no pressure, in fact we looked likely to add to our lead.
Maybe so but, ordinarily, there are no objections, it’s been demanded, that we see the game out or manage the game, in circumstance like Sunday’s.
Tell me how often this has been called for by posters on this forum.

I wonder how many of those who criticised the gaffer for this after the game had any issue with it at the time

Might just be me but i find absolutely nothing fun about watching our team piss away any hope of winning the league and then coming on here to have a wee joke about it. Guess im just weird that way.

Yeah because that’s exactly what I was saying pal.

Bringing Davis on in isolation wasnt a problem. He sacrificed the formation that had been working back to the one that had caused us to be playing with an empty midfield and impossible to retain the ball in attacking positions. After that St Johnstone had been able to get the ball up the pitch and we couldnt get the ball to Kamberi who was shoved into the Morelos lone striker role behind 3 defenders.

How many will admit to reading Twente with a Steve McClaren twang and missed the joke on first reading?

Back