Could we miss out on Europe next year

BucksBear

how can the europa league qualifying be fitted in?

i think they would need to reduce the number of entrants to the europa league, probably based on rankings. or could they just give scotland 1 place instead of 3?

If there ain’t time to do qualifiers it’ll need to be done on performance in this years competitions. I actually came up with a way that it could’ve been done fairly as a bit of a piss take

They could amend the qualifiers to be only 1 leg or a straight knock-out over 2 leg 1 round and amend the group stage entants so the amount in the winning qualifiers balances right for that

Last edited:
Scrap the group stage next season and go back to the old knockout formula.

while it’s unlikely to happen because of the money clubs can make by having guaranteed games in the group, I’d love this to happen for even just 1 campaign

they will need to vastly reduce the number of teams entering if they can't do qualifiers. Scotland doesnt have a high rating for next season. can't see them not doing groups

It won't happen because of the money involved but if this season is voided then to prevent much screwing around and trying to fit euro games around domestic calendars I think they should suspend all euro competitions for 2020/21...this would allow the 2021/22 season to get back no normal hopefully!

It would also significantly reduce the amount of travel around Europe for a year and a bit... Which is no bad thing!

Me neither and that is a massive blow if it happens but if it does im sure away fans will be barred from all games as a precaution

Wouldn't be too convinced it'd be as huge a blow as you think mate.

There's another club, richer than us, who would feel the pinch from no Europe more than us which could help us domestically.

Personally think it will eventually be domestic football only next season for all teams if and when it comes back again, just because we get rid of the virus here doesn't mean everywhere else has in Europe so it would present too much of a risk for any team and their fans to have to travel abroad for matches.

Wouldn't be too convinced it'd be as huge a blow as you think mate.

There's another club, richer than us, who would feel the pinch from no Europe more than us which could help us domestically.
Mate we have made a right few quid in the last 2 seasons it will be a blow

Mate we have made a right few quid in the last 2 seasons it will be a blow

Of course that part will but it may very well make the domestic scene easier. Celtic rely on that CL money and, when they don't make it, they sell players such as Dembele and Tierney.

It could be one season back for several forward in the coming seasons.

They could amend the qualifiers to be only 1 leg or a straight knock-out over 2 leg 1 round and amend the group stage entants so the amount in the winning qualifiers balances right for that
they should AL, but then what about stadium/venue?
do we do luck of draw or neutral venue per round till group stage

Personally think it will eventually be domestic football only next season for all teams if and when it comes back again, just because we get rid of the virus here doesn't mean everywhere else has in Europe so it would present too much of a risk for any team and their fans to have to travel abroad for matches.
Having even said my post above I think european football and travel is a year away or 2 till the nations rebuild themselves

They should declare all seasons and competitions ended. No honours awarded, no promotion or relegation, but prize money allocated on current standings.

European football next season starts at the group stage with the same teams who reached the groups this season (a new draw so as to keep the fans interested) or just scrap European football next season altogether.

If the leagues are completed they could ditch qualifiers altogether for both CL and EL, moving straight to group stages starting in September. (32 for CL, 48 for EL). Teams are invited due to their final league position and whether they are high enough in UEFA rankings to be selected.

There will be losers, including both ourself and Celtic, but these are exceptional times and it is for only one season.

they should AL, but then what about stadium/venue?
do we do luck of draw or neutral venue per round till group stage

Just luck of the draw whether home or away but they do them in advance as the normal format

Round 1 & 2

then Round 3 after round 1

final one after round 2

or as i said just 1 knockout round 2 legs

they will need to vastly reduce the number of teams entering if they can't do qualifiers. Scotland doesnt have a high rating for next season. can't see them not doing groups
No time for qualifiers for the European places this season?
The CL places straight to the group stages with those who who qualified from them this season(it's pretty much the same teams every year anyway), and the cannon fodder made up of those who are still left in the Europa Cup. :cool:
What could be fairer than that.;)

UEFA will ask each association to nominate their teams for the respective competitions. The qualifying rounds might be limited to two rounds. In the CL the Big Five leagues might be restricted to three teams given automatic entry to the group stages with a fourth being asked to take part in the qualifying rounds. Likewise the the EL.

Personally don’t think there will be any European Competitions next year.I can see Clubs playing loads of friendlies to,try and make up

If no qualifiers, top ranked 32 teams co efficient wise for champs league and 64 for Europa.

Put the remaining teams in each Euro competition as seeds in the group stage of next years comp. No qualifiers and then fill the remaining slots in the groups with teams who are in auto qualifying positions domestically.

I think the CL and Europa are worth way too much money for UEFA to simply call it off but in the small chance that it happens it'll be because of travel restrictions between countries.

And to make up the money there should be a British cup. That should get the financial backing from a broadcaster, probably Amazon and it would certainly get the fans interested.

Would love an old skool knockout tournament. Alternatively if using group format, carry out the draw using all teams who got to the group stage this season.

It might have been nonsense but haven't they already scrapped the qualifying rounds?

I'm sure I read this a couple weeks ago.

I can’t see how a team still in this season’s competition could be forced to miss out on next seasons competition should it go ahead as normal.

Given that we were still in Europe when the season was ended prematurely there is no way they could leave us out - assuming there is any football played in the next 12 months!

I’d be surprised if there’s any football before Christmas.
possible 6 months lockdown, few months of getting back to normal before allowing crowds of more than 50000

I think they’ll condense the qualifying rounds down to one off ties played at neutral venues over a couple of weeks. Group teams together and the last team standing in each mini knockout group will qualify.

Cant see any European football at all, if anything just a straight group stage based on rankings with no qualifying

how can the europa league qualifying be fitted in?

i think they would need to reduce the number of entrants to the europa league, probably based on rankings. or could they just give scotland 1 place instead of 3?
The way things are going by time this is over and pclubs snd players sort themselves out to be match ready i think the lesgue will be 14 teams, play each other home and away, no league cup and the european games will be the completion of this seasons comps...maybe a rejigged format. Would then give real positions in leagues for 21/22 euro comps. A kinda reset

Back