Could you ever see a section of our support behaving in a way as the Tim’s support ?

Yet still referred to as the old firm shame game!!

I spoke about this on the supporter's bus on the way back from the piggery. I knew the press wouldn't blame the guilty ones. Its what they do and I expect them to do the same when the child abuse scandal finally breaks. It wont be 'Celtic' it'll be Scottish football'.

No, certainly not under the same circumstances

We’ve had our share of protests over the years but they have happened when the club is in dire straights, like finishing the season in 5th place, or watching ‘directors’ literally strip our assets.

I can’t see any circumstances where Rangers fans would protest when we are effectively trailing by 5 points 1/3rd of the way into the season, with 11 straight trophies in the bag.

The situation just illustrates their sense of entitlement. I can’t imagine any support wanting rid of their manager this early in the season with a recent record like theirs

The funny not funny thing about that mob is that they love to portray themselves as champions of morality, the little guy, the underdog etc., but the fact is that as soon as they get any serious competition or aren't crushing every diddy club before them the mask drops. They can only be benevolent as long as they're on top. The absolute worst kind of cvnts.
Summed up perfectly mate

Hopefully their fate will be worse once the court cases start rolling in. I’d rather be a club of questionable tax avoidance practices than a club responsible for THE biggest paedophile ring in Global Sport. They are not fit and proper people to run a youth club never mind a professional football club. Expulsion from the professional leagues is surely the only fitting sanction? All power to the good people on this forum, tirelessly chipping away at their pathetic “separate entity” defence, their day of reckoning is coming, COVID is merely delaying the inevitable.
Hope you are right mate. I want them dead and forever remembered for their crimes, nothing else

In terms of smashing a refs window, hassling players and taking defeat badly we'll never be like them but there is an overlap between the very politically correct section of our support and the ambulance chasers when it comes to songs like the billyboys and fathers advice. How can you sing X songs when you've got catholic players ?..i've heard that argument from both pc bears and rhabids.

Not that much diffirence between a tim who wants bears banned for BB and a very pc bear who wants people banned from Ibrox for it

Overall however we are nothing like them and it's time we took the moral high ground again in this country.

We deserve better?
Tin hat on
'We Deserve Better' was mostly spot on. At that stage we'd wasted so much time, money, goodwill, and advantage that it was almost criminal. We had umpteen shots at CL and yet were £75m in debt and struggling domestically again. It was frustration at how little planning had gone on at any level.

We marched on Hampden and protested at/inside Ibrox against our owners/decisions made by previous owners in much bigger numbers than Celtic have recently but we haven't protested on-the-field results with a banner outside the club on a non-matchday in my lifetime (I don't think).

I recall the "We deserve better" campaign. I thought it was directed at the Board. That is certainly who I was directing my anger at.

The Boulder Brothers.
Somers the Sloth.
The speccy lady's front bottom.
Leach
Green.
Imran Amran or whatever he's fucking called.

Dark days but slaughter one of our own in front of the Stadium? And I was at Fir Park the day we were beat 3-0 in what was to be John Greg's last match as manager. I was sad that it didn't work out.
Greig's last game as manager was at Ibrox against Motherwell as I was there. The ground couldn't have been more than a third full as there were thousands of empty seats. I think we were a goal up and lost 2-1 although that was no great shock as we were dropping plenty of points at that time.

I also remember the protest outside with the Greig must go chants, not that I joined in as I was off to the pub at the final whistle :))

Faithful through and through. Jesus, I do not care what support it is.

Turning up to riot outside your own stadium after nine years of League Championships, 4 trebles is scummy behaviour.

Maybe if their support had not concentrated on us, our finances, Resoluion 12, Sevco etc and yes, no sniggering at the back, referee conspiracies

An entitled support disgracing themselves.

Thank God I am a Rangers supporter.

Never in my lifetime and In the future could I see our support aping what we see today at Parkhead?

Yes, we are a critical support but honestly I have seldom seen such embarrassing behaviour from any support. They have made themselves a laughing stock.

Mind you the Rangers board to their credit have never allowed a supporters group within us to disgrace our reputation continually as they have with the so called Green Brigade. The Celtic board with their inaction have brought this on themselves. He’ll mend them.

What is it they say’ Faithful through and through’ . Yes only until they are 5 points behind.

Mind you the more this goes on the more damage it does to them.

I think Dave King may have been right.
No chance of us behaving like them, ever. It’s instilled at an early age, no discipline within the moon howlers mentality. Who can we blame is the question - no one apparently, so let’s trash the joint - or fight with each other. “Kiss me Hardie” as Morecambe & Wise famously said - the long and the short of it being they got exactly what they wanted (as usual). Just culture indeed.

Never during all the turmoil that went on back in 2011 and aftewards with the spivs did we ever reach the depravity that the Celtic support did tonight. To amass in their hundreds, maybe even thousands during a pandemic to break down barriers and put police and players lives at risk is something not seen anywhere else - all this after their first defeat in domestic cup competition in 35 games.

Now that is not normal behaviour from any football fan, however look a little deeper.

Those fans are not disgusted at being knocked out by Ross County. They are petrified that the club they thought was dead and buried is putting a stop to their "10 in a row".

"But you'se were supposed to be deed and we were supposed to be making histry'n that"

They fear us. They are out on the streets because they are aboslutely shitting themselves that we are going to win this title. We are back and they don't know what else to do.

Drink it all in fellow bears. It is going to be one hell of an enjoyable season.

Never in my lifetime and In the future could I see our support aping what we see today at Parkhead?

Yes, we are a critical support but honestly I have seldom seen such embarrassing behaviour from any support. They have made themselves a laughing stock.

Mind you the Rangers board to their credit have never allowed a supporters group within us to disgrace our reputation continually as they have with the so called Green Brigade. The Celtic board with their inaction have brought this on themselves. He’ll mend them.

What is it they say’ Faithful through and through’ . Yes only until they are 5 points behind.

Manchester wasn't great (by some of our fans)

We've had some absolute shockers under Warbs,Pedro and Murty and other than online criticism which is normal for any football fans I can't recall any bears acting like they have in the real world.

Even worse for them as Lennon has been associated with them for almost 20 years. They are the biggest bunch of glory hunters in world football.
That’s when the real hatred returned when the employed O’Niell and Lemon .

These pricks think they have Devine right to win everything. The minute they have competition they brick it. Ireland’s shame! Loving every minute of their suffering. As Ally said, Kick us now because we won’t be there long.

They are terrified of Rangers, that's the crux of it. The security blanket of our financial collapse is disappearing and we are just about back. They know it and they can't cope with it. Inbuilt inferiority complex.

10 in a row has consumed them and their hard-core fan base have already forgotten about the 8.5 before and have lost the plot. But no, we'd protest but not to the extent of lobbing missiles!!

I'm 41 and can't remember anything from us that resembles what those parasites have just acted out. I've seen banners, heard plenty venomous boos, seen small groups outside Ibrox. But hundreds of folk (during a pandemic the selfish entitled fvcks), goading police officers, kicking down barriers, throwing barriers at police vans??? Are people trying to say we've done that? Have we fvck.

They are not only puting the return of football supporters at risk, they are puting football being played at risk. This may be their motive.

Yes. A group of fans stormed a Player of the Year event after a pumping off them a few years ago.

I doubt you'd see the vitriol in a demonstration specifically against a Rangers legend but there's always a section of every support who'll do things you can't comprehend. There's no chance we'd be doing it under the circumstances of a bad season after winning everything for years but this is because none of the others have really mattered, no matter what they say.

Maybe not on the same scale, but there's been a few 'spilling over' acceptable behaviour at times in our support. Wasn't there an incident at the stadium where one of the staff (woman) got injured as folk stormed into the stadium?

No. Simple. It's wrong but gives me massive delight to see their inadquasies.
Scum does what scum knows.

The Union Bears tried to storm our POTY awards in 2018.

I agreed with those actions and what’s happened tonight is absolutely hilarious, but let’s not pretend we haven’t seen the odd incident involving our supporters over the past decade.

We put up with McCoist as manager for years when it was obvious he was not up for the job. I and a huge majority of the fans were very vocal on here and critical of him. But as a club legend I would never have resorted to such disgusting behaviour, and the fact none of our fans did during that period, or against Pedro and Le Guen who weren’t club hero’s just shows the difference in class.

They have an entrenched sense of entitlement to win everything as if it were a devine right, that together with the prospect of the loss of their imagined and expected 10* in a row, will mean their failure will fall on them like 10 ‘Helicopter Sundays ’ . They have never really recovered from that trauma and if we get 55, that would send them over the edge. There would be no coming back from that for the foreseeable future.
Only November though. Let’s be relentless, Rangers.

We put up with McCoist as manager for years when it was obvious he was not up for the job. I and a huge majority of the fans were very vocal on here and critical of him. But as a club legend I would never have resorted to such disgusting behaviour, and the fact none of our fans did during that period, or against Pedro and Le Guen who weren’t club hero’s just shows the difference in class.

Likewise, was vocal that ally had to go (we lost to Alloa from a winning position in 10 minutes ffs) but did not resort to personal insults nor would I have dreamt of turning up at Ibrox to get him out

As much as this is highly highly amusing, we must continue in our focus and not be distracted by their travails

They rage like this because they know the day is getting closer that we return to the top of the pile. They thought they’d destroyed us, they mocked us and laughed at us. They lorded it over players who in years gone by would never have got near our club. They’ve won every trophy going and yet deep down they know, like a splinter in their minds, they know we are coming back. Will we win the league this year? We’ll see. Is it over? No. The gap isn’t even that massive with their games in hand. But still, they know. Maybe this year, maybe next, but it is coming. That’s why they rage and why they‘re prepared to hound “our Lenny”. Even their own legends can’t survive the hatred they have for us.

Ireland’s shame, Scotland’s burden

Back