Could you ever see a section of our support behaving in a way as the Tim’s support ?

No big surprise really mentally challengeds acting like mentally challengeds.

They always have been only a couple of bad results away from full on mutancy. The carpark has held more demonstrations than wee Laxalt has had boyfriends.
I think you meant mutiny but mutancy will do fine

I've posted a few times that, despite my feelings towards Lennon, I cannot believe how they have treated the guy. As a player and manager, he is probably their most decorated ever servant.
I was initially surprised, then I remembered how they treated Jock Stein and realised it's what they do. No loyalty, values or respect.

Their treatment of Jock Stein was abhorrent, even by their notorious standards. The man was reduced to selling pools coupons and football betting cards in slophouses.

Banner outside the training ground and padlocks on the gates. Banner inside stadium telling players "we deserve better "
I recall the "We deserve better" campaign. I thought it was directed at the Board. That is certainly who I was directing my anger at.

The Boulder Brothers.
Somers the Sloth.
The speccy lady's front bottom.
Leach
Green.
Imran Amran or whatever he's fucking called.

Dark days but slaughter one of our own in front of the Stadium? And I was at Fir Park the day we were beat 3-0 in what was to be John Greg's last match as manager. I was sad that it didn't work out.

Last edited:
Never in my lifetime and In the future could I see our support aping what we see today at Parkhead?

Yes, we are a critical support but honestly I have seldom seen such embarrassing behaviour from any support. They have made themselves a laughing stock.

Mind you the Rangers board to their credit have never allowed a supporters group within us to disgrace our reputation continually as they have with the so called Green Brigade. The Celtic board with their inaction have brought this on themselves. He’ll mend them.

What is it they say’ Faithful through and through’ . Yes only until they are 5 points behind.

Mind you the more this goes on the more damage it does to them.

I think Dave King may have been right.
We deserve better?
Tin hat on

We would and indeed have shown our displeasure when things haven't gone our way, but we have never shown this level of entitlement.
We take delight in our successes and rejoice accordingly, but we try to forget our losses when this inevitably happens... which is normal.
On the other hand, when that mob lose they seem to be more focused on external reasons for losing. It is never their fault as they are always always the victims despite the opposite being the case.
I try to be a decent person and a good citizen but I find myself hating the ***'s more and more each day.

Honestly can’t see it.

As stupid as it got for the UB for me was that time they had a silent protest first half to make a point to the club. Offered no support, neither really did rest of the stadium predictably (which was the point), and we went behind. They then handed out flags and threw streamers etc. and got raging at people who never joined in with over the top going mental after a flat 1st half.

Dropped points and the act of selfishness was complete.

There are rockets online. But can I see us acting like they have past couple of weeks over, in effect, a 5 point gap in November? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

FFS they opened a 5 point gap over us after the split in 2005. We didn’t react like them. We just stuck together and won the league.

Never in my lifetime and In the future could I see our support aping what we see today at Parkhead?

Yes, we are a critical support but honestly I have seldom seen such embarrassing behaviour from any support. They have made themselves a laughing stock.

Mind you the Rangers board to their credit have never allowed a supporters group within us to disgrace our reputation continually as they have with the so called Green Brigade. The Celtic board with their inaction have brought this on themselves. He’ll mend them.

What is it they say’ Faithful through and through’ . Yes only until they are 5 points behind.

They are genetically inferior

I could be wrong but the worst I remember was the hassle after the hearts game at Ibrox was called off, towards the end of the spivs time on the board. But they were sucking the club dry while we languished in the championship. Tensions had been building for years.

Celtic are on 9*iar, i've lost count of how many trophies in a row, and they fall 5 points minimum behind us and they're out protesting. Would we ever act like THAT entitled? I'd say never.

The inaction by the scum's board is because they believe & sympathise 100% with the groin brigade. There has been too many incidents in the past for it to be anything other than this - from the effigies to the numerous banners on numerous occasions.

The difference ultimately is that their pursuit of "ten" would, in their eyes at least, give them significant leverage and bragging rights over us. I can't see the Rangers support acting as desperately in an attempt at 10IAR because at the end of the day we'd still have more trophies than them.

We only need to go back to the Piggery Shame game of 1999 to see how they reacted that day to losing the League. The ref attacked, pitch invasions, nutters jumping from stands, etc. They have genetically polluted DNA. lol

They will lose the plot completely if we win the title this season, guaranteed.
Now if we could have coupla bears working in Samaritans call centre that day?? He he

We were gutted when our bid for 10 was going belly up but we knew it couldn't last forever
They dont and i for one hope they tear their entire rancid club to pieces

Have to admit I shook my fist at the TV with a resounding grrrrrr when we lost the 10iar. Dark day for me

We've had our fair share of doorstep protests at Ibrox in recent years, although I wouldn't class them as embarrassing.

I doubt the Celtic fans protesting are embarrassed by their actions either. It is only funny to us, because it is happening to them. In the same way they mocked us during our troubles.

During the Murty/Pedro era we had fans lock the training ground gates, put banners up across them, and storm the POTY awards after being beat 5-0 off them.

Agreed with every single action.

What, banners outside Ibrox at a Rangers icon. Never ever.

Social Media yes, but demonstrations never.
I recall folk (maybe 10-20) protesting outside the main stand after we were put out of Europe for the 2nd time in as many months by Strasborg as we were going for 10IAR and shortly afterwards, Smith was told by SDM to "resign" and Dick Advocaat was announced as taking over from Walter.

I would say that our Ultras are not as cringe as their Ultras.

Banner outside the training ground and padlocks on the gates. Banner inside stadium telling players "we deserve better "
Tbf, that was against a terrible regime that was trying to destroy our club. They're going tonto at a bad manager during an era where they have skooshed nearly everything they've played for.

The only time I remember Rangers supporters actually demonstrating against a manager was in 1969 when a crowd gathered outside the entrance to Ibrox and chanted " White must go". By that time Davie White was almost a figure of ridicule, unfairly in my opinion, but after the 69 SCF he was a dead man walking.

The funny not funny thing about that mob is that they love to portray themselves as champions of morality, the little guy, the underdog etc., but the fact is that as soon as they get any serious competition or aren't crushing every diddy club before them the mask drops. They can only be benevolent as long as they're on top. The absolute worst kind of cvnts.

I recall folk (maybe 10-20) protesting outside the main stand after we were put out of Europe for the 2nd time in as many months by Strasborg as we were going for 10IAR and shortly afterwards, Smith was told by SDM to "resign" and Dick Advocaat was announced as taking over from Walter.

I would say that our Ultras are not as cringe as their Ultras.
Also, remember when it was almost officially over that we were going to win 10IAR when Killie beat us at Ibrox, we knew that the team that gave us so much joy was being dismantled in the summer, legends like Gough, McCall, McCoist, Laudrup, were all leaving and the "fans" all fked off and didn't give these heroes the applause and adulation they deserved.

Yes, they came up short, but what they gave us was so much more than a handful of fans in Ibrox applauding some of the greatest servants that Rangers fans had ever seen.

They'd have folded had they been out through what we were in 2012.
The problem is that they wouldn't go through that and it was entirely through them that we had to endure the ignominy of Administration and Relegation.

They have a driving hatred that gives them the purpose to swarm over Scottish Football administration, political positions (first Labour then the SNP) and the press is full of their cheerleaders.

My analogy, during the dark days, is that they would have dragged their Board out like the Italians did to Mussolini rather than sit back and accept what we put up with.

Hopefully this has proven to be self-defeating and some are realising there's more to life than constant hatred as you see their cheerleaders like Ill Phil, John James, Auld Heid and Tommy constantly ridiculed by their own support and that our relatively sane response has seen us respond finally with a plan for long term sustainability and (most importantly) dominance.

Their issue is their arrogance. For years the arrogance has been unbelievable. They have been conditioned into thinking sevco are going bust and they are a well oiled machine. The obsession on sevco has actually been good for us- they have neglected their clubs situation for years now and it is only now that tbere are tangible signs of that negligence and mismanagement of investment that they are beginning to take note. Stupid fuckers.

Also, remember when it was almost officially over that we were going to win 10IAR when Killie beat us at Ibrox, we knew that the team that gave us so much joy was being dismantled in the summer, legends like Gough, McCall, McCoist, Laudrup, were all leaving and the "fans" all fked off and didn't give these heroes the applause and adulation they deserved.

Yes, they came up short, but what they gave us was so much more than a handful of fans in Ibrox applauding some of the greatest servants that Rangers fans had ever seen.

The Rangers fans remained behind in their thousands at the Scottish cup final loss to Hearts to say goodbye to the players, despite losing both the league and the cup final.

In fact, we even gave the Hearts team a great reception as they paraded the trophy round in a lap of honour.

The latest I hear from them is the utterly delusional view that the media are backing Lennon , unreasonably they say due to his obvious football managerial shortcomings, as a plot to stop the “10* “ .
I know. ( though the idea holds some appeal )

Did John Greig manage to win a huge amount of trophies as a manager and then find himself less than 2 wins behind celtic after a third of the season? They haven't even played 13 league games, they've just won* their ninth league in a row, they're about to win an unprecedented 12 trophy in a row. Sorry, but that is on a different scale. They are a third into a season with a manager who has led them on a run that is completely unprecedented in scottish football.
They are less the 4 wins behind us, not 2, they need to win 4 games and for us to lose 2 to overtake us.

I remember a demonstration outside Ibrox and I think it was davie cooper who got hit by a coin when the players came out and the crowd singing for mccoist to gtf.

We've had our moments, make no mistake.
Most have their heads in the sand with these things - we have had plenty of moments over the years like this.
Booing Jig every time the ball came his way in a match, protests against Mcleish and Murray after Hivs destroyed us at Ibrox etc

They are overreacting. Yes we are playing great and 11 points clear, but they still have two games in hand. As much as it pains me, the league is far from their grasp. We have got to keep it going and ramp more pressure on them

It doesn’t take many people to make us a laughing stock.

On the whole, their support are on another level of mentalness but I could easily believe there’s a small number of our own that could pull off something similar to that banner.
Ye, but I believe we now have a support that would rein in any such behaviour by any minority. Our mindset is on a different level to them: we don't suffer from their rabid temperament.

Three factors are major contributors to their detriment . Parents :It's what they learn in the living room .Priests :It's what they are taught in the Chapel .Teachers : It's what they are taught in class . I genuinely believe they are suppressed and not taught about other religions which stems bigotry when approaching adulthood. Totally irascible bunch , with a giant chip on their shoulder from cradle to grave

Am I the only one who is fed up with reading they are only five points behind? The scum are actually ELEVEN points behind.

The problem is that they wouldn't go through that and it was entirely through them that we had to endure the ignominy of Administration and Relegation.

They have a driving hatred that gives them the purpose to swarm over Scottish Football administration, political positions (first Labour then the SNP) and the press is full of their cheerleaders.

My analogy, during the dark days, is that they would have dragged their Board out like the Italians did to Mussolini rather than sit back and accept what we put up with.

Hopefully this has proven to be self-defeating and some are realising there's more to life than constant hatred as you see their cheerleaders like Ill Phil, John James, Auld Heid and Tommy constantly ridiculed by their own support and that our relatively sane response has seen us respond finally with a plan for long term sustainability and (most importantly) dominance.
Hopefully their fate will be worse once the court cases start rolling in. I’d rather be a club of questionable tax avoidance practices than a club responsible for THE biggest paedophile ring in Global Sport. They are not fit and proper people to run a youth club never mind a professional football club. Expulsion from the professional leagues is surely the only fitting sanction? All power to the good people on this forum, tirelessly chipping away at their pathetic “separate entity” defence, their day of reckoning is coming, COVID is merely delaying the inevitable.

The closest we have gotten to something like that was a dignified march to Hampden then a dignified protest.

1977 - we lost our first two league games of the season to Aberdeen and Hibs. Immediately following the second one which was at Ibrox there was a demonstration by some fans outside the main door demanding that Jock Wallace resign. We went on to win the treble that season so it’s just as well nobody paid any attention to them.

Conversely, it is important to remember, though, that the fans' ovation of the team at the end of the Scottish Cup final defeat against Hearts was quite magnificent. It remains one of my proudest memories as a Rangers supporter.

Back