Coulibaly has been an empty jersey for weeks

Blue Tack

If we are going to get a team that challenges we need 11 players that put in a shift every week ,a solid 8/10 every week .

No harm to the fella but since his injury he’s been putting in bang average performances,probably no better than Jason Holt ,is that unfair ???

The good thing is he’s on loan,I wouldn’t take that option to buy up any time soon .

his running offf the ball last night was good , he won the ball in midfield but when he actually wins it he's taking too many touches , heavy touches , looks like he's lost the head as soon as he's got posession

McCrorie has proven multiple times he can be relied upon.

Time to start thinking longer term if these young loan players won’t be here beyond the season.

Better and more experienced managers have tried to get consistency from loan players and have failed.

Kent is the only one close to pass marks but i still dont think hes productive enough for us to be winning leagues.

To think 3 months ago we were all shouting for him to be signed ASAP. How things can turn so quickly.

Looking at what’s happened to Ejaria it proves that 9/10 loans don’t work.

Hard to strike the balance though. We need to use loans because we only have limited funds to sign players outright.

We will bring loans in again in the future until we no longer have to rely on them so heavily.

Given the sheer turnover of players required in the squad in the summer, it was always going to be the case that SG would have to bring a raft of loan players in.

He’s still raised the overall quality of the squad from last year as well, so we can’t be too hard on the loanees, especially when they are very young men being exposed to the demands of playing for Rangers. Something they won’t have experienced anything close to previously.

Still no where near the level of his first 7-8 games but thought he was better last night. Drove us forward a few times and kept the ball a bit better apart from a couple of slack passes.

His role should be winning the ball back and playing the simple pass, sometimes breaking forward when there is space. But last night and Aberdeen we are looking for him to create and join the attack which just isnt his game.

Too early to decide on his future either way, need to give him the second half of the season to prove himself.

I've lost patience with him. I've been waiting on him getting back to the form he showed previously but it's not happening. He's now had 5 or 6 good games and over a dozen shite ones.

Arfield
McCrorie
Jack

McCrorie and Jack can sit in difficult games, in others McCrorie can hold with Jack further forward.

Needs to be the midfield going forward or until we buy a quality midfielder

Was the clear stand out early on in the season playing the DM role but playing CM or AM we can clearly see he cannot play these roles.

Its got to be DM or not at all not sure why SG continues yo play him out of position.

What he does bring no matter what position is energy he covers every blade of grass and never goes into hiding like ghe homesick one.

im not sure we have any real alternatives in that squad, ok lets play 3 defensive midfielders thats working out just fine

He’s certainly not regained his form after what was quite a bad injury, but let’s also remember before we criticise too much that he’s a 22 year old kid, who has just lost his dad and is living away from his family. Perhaps the club should be protecting him a bit more, but the lad certainly doesn’t hide, unlike Ejaria.

I think we’re fücked for options in all honesty.

Ejaria looks like he’s pissed off down the road and as much as McCrorie had a good game last night, is a midfield of Jack and McCrorie going to be anything other than solid with noting going forward?

That’s could be total madness and it might not be in his locker, but could Grezda sit centrally along with Jack/Arfield? Possibly stick Grezda behind Morelos and push Arfield back one.

Or we could change formation.

An empty jersey against Hearts; an empty jersey where his fellow midfielder played so well and was considered by many to the best player on the park?

He’s certainly not regained his form after what was quite a bad injury, but let’s also remember before we criticise too much that he’s a 22 year old kid, who has just lost his dad and is living away from his family. Perhaps the club should be protecting him a bit more, but the lad certainly doesn’t hide, unlike Ejaria.

Was it ever confirmed that it was his dad mate?

Time to bring young Kelly and Palmer into the squad and get these loanees back to their clubs.Have the balls to bring on our own young players or close down the Academy.Costing a lot of money for virtually no return

I think we’re fücked for options in all honesty.

Ejaria looks like he’s pissed off down the road and as much as McCrorie had a good game last night, is a midfield of Jack and McCrorie going to be anything other than solid with noting going forward?

That’s could be total madness and it might not be in his locker, but could Grezda sit centrally along with Jack/Arfield? Possibly stick Grezda behind Morelos and push Arfield back one.

Or we could change formation.

Totally agree, we need to try one of the attacking wide players through the middle until we sign some creativity. Kent would have been that man for me, but with his injury, Grezda now seems as good an option as any.

He is generally good at breaking up play and winning the ball back, but the amount of times he does this then gives the ball away or runs into danger is just ridiculous.

As one who thought he played well at the beginning I'm a bit baffled to be honest.

All I can say of him at the moment is, he gets about the pitch but is very poor in thought and distribution.

if we are to progress , we need much better.

Better and more experienced managers have tried to get consistency from loan players and have failed.

Kent is the only one close to pass marks but i still dont think hes productive enough for us to be winning leagues.

Agree, but I think we have to give the lad a bit of a run as he says himself he’s not a 100% match fit yet. I think he has the potential to be a really good player and also think he’s enjoying his football here and getting a longer run in the team will show whether he can deal with the hammer throwers or not.

He is no better than docherty so should be sent back as soon as viably possible and Greg brought back.

He has been finding form again in recent weeks - very good at Easter Road, decent enough against Hibs at home and fine when he came on at the weekend.

We are having a good season, we are involved in a title race - now isn't the time to %^*& up squad dynamics and start booting people out - keep him and let him carry on the good work he has contributed thus far.

A number of players on Saturday had to point out where he should be, MB had to take him aside after about 5 mins of him being on and point out where he should be playing, it was quite embarrassing for me.
I think Saturday highlighted why he’s on loan from a team like Angers (not exactly world beaters)
In my opinion he’s had a chance and should be returned to his club and the efforts put into the development of Docherty or Kelly.

He has been finding form again in recent weeks - very good at Easter Road, decent enough against Hibs at home and fine when he came on at the weekend.

We are having a good season, we are involved in a title race - now isn't the time to %^*& up squad dynamics and start booting people out - keep him and let him carry on the good work he has contributed thus far.

Fine?
He was getting pelters from his team mates for being out of position and he did nothing.
We have no time for passengers end the loan get someone else in and good luck to the guy.

Noticed at the game that he was called over by Beale with about 5 minutes to go and told to swap positions with Arfield & move centrally as he just didn't know what he was doing when he was brought on out in the right hand side!

Coulibaly was like a 10 year old school boy when he came on. Mccrorie, Tav then Gerrard all had to tell him he was on the right and not in the middle, it was embarrassing. Just kept wandering leaving our right hand wide wide open.

Unfortunately after a really good start he now looks a liability since the injury. Should be nowhere near the first team, we’ve got a league to win.

Fine?
He was getting pelters from his team mates for being out of position and he did nothing.
We have no time for passengers end the loan get someone else in and good luck to the guy.

Yes - fine, he worked hard he put in a graft, outwith a poor touch in the corner he was fine.

He isn't a passenger nor is it likely the club will simply keep on with a rotating door policy of flogging players and moving players in every window - even if it is loans - we have to build a culture, a dressing room etc and so on - flipping players constantly is unhealthy and costs money even if it is loans.

McCrorie and Jack surely must play on Sunday with the other a toss up between Halliday and Rossiter.

Coulibaly needs out for a bit.
I think that midfield of Jack,Arfield and McCrorie has to be the way and I hope Stevie perseveres with the 4231,we look a different team,hard to dislodge that eleven that tore them to shreds,this has to be the way forward.

Had a really good game at Easter Road, though aside from that, has been getting progressively worse. One of these players that constantly looks like he is about to lose the ball, or fall over, or both.

Last edited:

He was like a lost puppy when he came on on Saturday, constantly out of position

Hard to tell what his personality is like, as I haven't seen any interviews with him, but he seems a humble almost kind of shy guy.
Home sickness plus family bereavement might have really screwed him up.
Certainly not the player we saw at the start of the season.
A shame, as I like his demeanour and he doesn't seem to be up his own arse or be a prima donna.

Back