Coulibaly

Was after an injury he started to fade, I can't really remember who it was against, he ripped a couple a new arse and they halfed him down and was never the same. Dundee stick in my mind for some reason.

Was after an injury he started to fade, I can't really remember who it was against, he ripped a couple a new arse and they halfed him down and was never the same. Dundee stick in my mind for some reason.

St Mirren at home, second league game. We were 2-0 up with a few minutes to go and he went a run down the right and got leathered. He'd only really played Europa League qualifiers and friendlies up to that point and looked a player, but I think that showed him what Scotland was all about and he was much more withdrawn after that.

I don’t think the lad had enough toughness in him nor was he protected by the referees when being assaulted by other players. I just can’t imagine our new midfielders letting that go.

St. Mirren home game, sent two players into the showers with a fantastic dummy, took off only to get blasted in the leg and was out for over a month. Never returned as the same player. If anything he didn't fancy it anymore.

It wasn't just his injury as such.

The standard of opposition got better, players found their touch, fitness etc.

It is easy to be an anomaly during the first few week of a season and look the business waiting on others hitting their stride.

You also got that new toy, new tricks thing with a player that can last a few weeks.

In the end i couldn't really tell you anything he was particularly good at. Passing was poor, shooting was woeful, positional play wasn't great. Done a job at times but happy it was just a loan.

He was never good enough on the ball. His touch in particular was poor. He also isn't disciplined enough in terms of positioning to play in our midfield.

His strength is his athleticism & he isn't bad at carrying the ball out of trouble. But that is heavily overshadowed by his lack of finesse
Never had him down as anything other than a defensive midfielder who could break things up, screen the back four and win back the ball .

To be fair, even that side of his game went , which left you with very little.

As I say, looked the part and then faded badly.

Just not good enough, either in talent or attitude for us. A very clever signing by us - a loan with an agreed fee at the end if we wanted him. If only we had done that with Grezda!

Never getting that sort of deal for a guy like Grezda who was a key player for his side and and international.

St. Mirren home game, sent two players into the showers with a fantastic dummy, took off only to get blasted in the leg and was out for over a month. Never returned as the same player. If anything he didn't fancy it anymore.

You're right! I just couldn't remember the team but I definitely remembered he done a couple players and as usual the SPFL hammer throwers took a tantrum.

He was reminding me of a bit of Kante up until then aswell, was absolutely everywhere.. covering every blade of grass but like you said, never returned the same player.

You're right! I just couldn't remember the team but I definitely remembered he done a couple players and as usual the SPFL hammer throwers took a tantrum.

He was reminding me of a bit of Kante up until then aswell, was absolutely everywhere.. covering every blade of grass but like you said, never returned the same player.

I remember one of the Euro qualifiers last season, a 50-50 tackle that he turned into a 70-30, straight through the ball and player!

Find it a wee bit odd the club don’t say anything about guys leaving, either on loan (Coulibaly, Worrell etc) or end of contract like McAuley. Not complaining but it does seem a bit strange.

That tackle against Osijek was absolutely outstanding.

Not many tackles where you actually hear that audible "DOOF" when the connection is made. Think the Osijek player managed a pretty impressive front flip during it.

Find it a wee bit odd the club don’t say anything about guys leaving, either on loan (Coulibaly, Worrell etc) or end of contract like McAuley. Not complaining but it does seem a bit strange.

That’s why I was asking. I don’t remember reading anything about “the destroyer” leaving. Didn’t expect a testimonial or anything, but thought there might be a mention.

I'm sorry to say this, but he just wasn't good enough.

Nothing like the standard of Kamara, for example.

So, another one who will disappear into obscurity over time and have almost all of us saying "who?" when someone mentions his name 20 years from now

Last edited:
He was the poster boy of FF for weeks. Sign him. Hope we've agreed a fee in advance. Then in true FF fashion he becomes a dud. I'll drive him to the airport etc.
Few heroes on FF maintain this, that's why I expect soon "Kamara ? What do you expect for 50k ?"

That tackle against Osijek was absolutely outstanding.

Not many tackles where you actually hear that audible "DOOF" when the connection is made. Think the Osijek player managed a pretty impressive front flip during it.
He retired from football after the final whistle.

He was outstanding that Maribor at home game when he scored.

He didnt kick on and just to think we now have Kamara who is a much better player and he only cost 50K.

It was strange that we didnt put a mention on the club website about the leavers but I suppose it avoided any criticism if Lee Wallace didnt get a mention.

I don’t think the lad had enough toughness in him nor was he protected by the referees when being assaulted by other players. I just can’t imagine our new midfielders letting that go.
I’d like to think that the squad we have together now let opponents know in no uncertain terms that they will be laid up if they resort to the thuggery that we have had to take in recent years.
It’s time to have a few enforcers that the whole squad gets behind.
Everyone at the club from top to bottom need to start being more vocal about bad referees and the inconsistent decisions that always go against us.
Good luck to the lad wherever he spends his career but looking at where we are going he didn’t have the heart to be a Ranger.

It wasn't just his injury as such.

The standard of opposition got better, players found their touch, fitness etc.

It is easy to be an anomaly during the first few week of a season and look the business waiting on others hitting their stride.

You also got that new toy, new tricks thing with a player that can last a few weeks.

That's exactly why we shouldn't get overexcited by recent performances.

He was immense in the home game against Maribor and absolutely dominated them that night.

Pity it didn't work out but he wasn't the same player after his Dad passed away.

My favourite memory of him walking down Edmiston Drive and someone saying "that looks like Coulibaly", next minute the guy was being shouted at and labelled a racist before everyone realised it was indeed Lassana.

He was outstanding that Maribor at home game when he scored.

He didnt kick on and just to think we now have Kamara who is a much better player and he only cost 50K.

Came on to say the same thing, superb performance and remember leaving that game thinking we had got our very own Kante!

Wasn't to be and faded badly not long after but no harm done really, tried his best and wish him well.

St Mirren at home, second league game. We were 2-0 up with a few minutes to go and he went a run down the right and got leathered. He'd only really played Europa League qualifiers and friendlies up to that point and looked a player, but I think that showed him what Scotland was all about and he was much more withdrawn after that.

100% this, he was class up until that point even to the extent that people were wanting to activate a apparent Buy out clause in his loan agreement. Think it was McGinn from St. Mirren that halfed him and put him out.

We had him as a world beater for one crunching tackle against Wigan that set us off on a box to box attack...give me Kamara and Davis pressing and pinching the ball any day of the week.
He like everyone else played his small part in getting us to where we need to be...so thanks Lassana I hope you have a storming season and get a big money move to England and we can all pretend that we should have kept you like with Waghorn

Back