Coulibaly

St. Mirren home game, sent two players into the showers with a fantastic dummy, took off only to get blasted in the leg and was out for over a month. Never returned as the same player. If anything he didn't fancy it anymore.
This. He looked a real find which made it all the more mind boggling that he seemed to go into his shell, considering that he literally ran through an osijek player and sent him about 4 feet in the air.

Thought he was very poor. Didn’t seem to have any aggression in his game nor could he dictate a game with his passing therefore he’s pretty useless in our midfield.

Was he not valued about 2 million mid season and the manager gave an interview where he more or less said too expensive for us ? He was on the end of some pretty bad tacklers which went unpunished as well which might have made him not want to get himself injured playing for us if it wasn’t going to last . I wish him well though he seemed a nice big guy

Gerrard described him as “a destroyer” he was nothing of the sort.

They can’t all work out, with the amount of players brought in the gaffers/scouts hit rate is pretty good IMO

I've watched back the games where he was apparently excellent and I fail to see it. He got about the park a lot he's a very fit strong boy but he was never a good footballer in my opinion.

Let’s be honest. This great start everyone is referring to, was one or two games. He got injured in the second league game of the season and struggled ever since.

Never had him down as anything other than a defensive midfielder who could break things up, screen the back four and win back the ball .

To be fair, even that side of his game went , which left you with very little.

As I say, looked the part and then faded badly.

Positioning is a key attribute for defensive midfield. Plus to be one for us, you need to be comfortable on the ball as our midfield see plenty of possession when teams sit back

The crunching tackle early doors in the european qualifier in Osijek got every one excited, that and his header vs Maribor.

Never got going after his injury against St. Mirren and the rest of his Rangers career was a disappointment.

Positioning is a key attribute for defensive midfield. Plus to be one for us, you need to be comfortable on the ball as our midfield see plenty of possession when teams sit back
That's a fair point regarding possession, he wasn't a cultured player , that's true .

Still think every team requires a water carrier, regardless of where they play.

I initially thought he might perform that role pretty well and also give us that bit of dig when necessary.

After a more than decent start that never transpired , for whatever reason .

It's actually weird just how quiet he sneaked out the club I actually forgot all about him untill I seen this thread.

Wish the lad all the best for the future. We thought we had found an absolute gem after his first few performances. Unfortunately he was injured and just never seemed to be able to reach the bar he had set for himself, smashame really.

He was very average, and that was obvious from the start. He had a couple of good games, but most players are capable of that; it’s consistency that’s the key.

In true FF form, people liked getting carried away though, and even the old ‘Coulibaly Facts’ were trotted out. We do it a lot. Enough people on here would’ve spent £10m on Hyndman, Goss and Coulibaly, and given Murty a 3 year deal. Pointing such obviously flawed logic out at the time though gets you abuse.

Was after an injury he started to fade, I can't really remember who it was against, he ripped a couple a new arse and they halfed him down and was never the same. Dundee stick in my mind for some reason.

He was great in the early Euro rounds and v Aberdeen first game but that wee thug McGinn of St Mirren done him with a shocker and he was never the same after coming back from that.

Another straight red challenge that wasn’t worthy of a red card because the victim played for us.

We got carried away after a few good tackles! Theres probably a reason Angers were allowing him to leave on loan

Back