Coulibaly

WATP_74

Very international weekend post, but anyone know how Coulibaly is going for Brugge on loan?
During his time with us, his sudden drop in form was baffling and I wondered if he was back to his best now, or if he had just over-achieved in his early Europa performances.

There was a couple of games in the second half of last season where he looked like he'd never kicked a ball in his life.

Did he not suffer a bereavement during the season? If not he did always put the effort in and treated us to a few big early performances so can't imagine too many people will have a bad word against him

Got a bad injury from being assaulted at the same time his father died. Never recovered.

Just had a look into his time at Cercle Brugge - bottom of the league, in and out the team until the start of October and he hasn't been in a squad since. Dunno if he's been injured or just out of favour.

According to FF at the start of the season last year we'd have sent Kent back and Coulibaly would now be captain by now. I dunno why people say us bears are impatient :)

I think after Warburton, Murty, Caixinha and Murty again, a lot of supporters were just dying for someone that would hit cunnts.

He did that, suffered an injury and bereavement, and faded fast.

He was a magic player
source.gif

He had 3-4 good games (excellent games when he first arrived. Then he was poor for the next 40-odd games.

So did he actually have a “sudden drop in form” or was it just a couple of freak performances when he first arrived?
Evidence would suggest it’s the latter. If he was consistently performing as he was when he first came here he wouldn’t be getting sent out on loan.

I actually think had he stayed he might have developed into a good player under SG.

the Hibs away games DC scored I thought he was starting to turn the corner.....

Looked very good early doors but his passing ability constantly let him down I thought although he was a player you could see had something about him and I was disappointed it never really worked out for him.

Looked very good early doors but his passing ability constantly let him down I thought although he was a player you could see had something about him and I was disappointed it never really worked out for him.

I think people liked that he seemed to be pretty grounded and humble, and wasn't a Josh Windass type.

people will take the piss out of others for saying "pay the £4m for him" - but it's easy to get carried away when a player is playing well - i'm pretty sure at the end of the season no one was wanting to buy him

Funny I was searching old threads last night and saw a few about him.
He was good in the early European games as a blocker, someone who could tackle and do the dirty work. But for the majority of our games where we dominate the ball he was hopeless as he was a technically poor footballer.

In reality he was fairly limited.

He made a hard tackle and suddenly was branded some sort of midfield enforcer which couldn't be further from the truth.

Folk were wanting to splash out £4m on him because he made a good hard tackle once, In reality he wasn’t very good.

He was absolutely outstanding in one of our early european games at Ibrox, then dropped to Dalcio levels of ability!

old firm game in december i had no idea what he was meant to be doing. Tav and arfield were getting incredibly frustrated with him allowing everything to come down there left and was basically leaving tav 2 v 1 all the time , was so nervy watching him

Awful player
The hype around him at the start of last season was baffling

Pretty sure he got compared to Kante on here at one point :oops:

Awful player
The hype around him at the start of last season was baffling

Pretty sure he got compared to Kante on here at one point :oops:

He was called Coulikante. As a joke obviously. Not sure why everyone takes everything so seriously.

Nonsense. He was instrumental at the start of the European campaign. Maribor at home he was fantastic.
No botther! 1 excellent game doesn't make you instrumental. Morelos leading the line down to 9 men AWAY from home in Russia is what I cass as an instrumental impact in Europe last season.
Arfield and Tav were also superb that night, Tav and Arfield have also went on to have a number of further excellent performances consistently and against far better sides than the Slovenians. Fans are more than entitled to claim Coulibaly being classed as the 2nd coming as laughable

No botther! 1 excellent game doesn't make you instrumental. Morelos leading the line down to 9 men AWAY from home in Russia is what I cass as an instrumental impact in Europe last season.
Arfield and Tav were also superb that night, Tav and Arfield have also went on to have a number of further excellent performances consistently and against far better sides than the Slovenians. Fans are more than entitled to claim Coulibaly being classed as the 2nd coming as laughable

we were down to 9 men as he was the first to be sent off.

I never said he was the second coming, but saying he was bigged up over one tackle is false.

Think his father or close family member past away whilst he was with us if true its understandable his loss of form

Back