Counting house.

That was Wed and I said previously as there has been more than one occasion when they've told our support no colours.
I had an argument with a manager in the Crystal Palace years ago about that.
She went off on one because my younger lad had a Rangers top on, she said it could be offensive to customers.
Given it was the day of the Orange Walk in Glasgow and the pub was full of various lodge members she did back down when I asked her to point out who could be offended.

I have since the Commonwealth Games was in Glasgow and a Northern Irish customer was told to hide his national flag in case it offended anyone.

I dont think it was the Counting House. Wasnt it a pub nearer Queen St Station? The now closed Whetherspoons. Maybe someone can confirm.

Unless it was your flag I beg to disagree
A Belfast man said he was forced to leave a Scottish bar after he displayed the Northern Ireland flag.

Colin Rice was at a branch of JD Wetherspoon in Glasgow, where he was watching the Commonwealth Games, when the incident occurred.

He said staff at the bar told him the flag was sectarian.

JD Wetherspoon said it was aware of the incident, and that staff had asked him to put his flag away because they felt it might offend some people.

The incident occurred at the Camperdown Place branch of the chain, close to the city centre. Mr Rice became embroiled in an argument with staff after draping the flag over his table where he and friends were sitting.

the-cheek-the-nerve-the-gall-the-audacity-and-the-gumption-the-cheek.gif

A Belfast man said he was forced to leave a Scottish bar after he displayed the Northern Ireland flag.

Colin Rice was at a branch of JD Wetherspoon in Glasgow, where he was watching the Commonwealth Games, when the incident occurred.

He said staff at the bar told him the flag was sectarian.

JD Wetherspoon said it was aware of the incident, and that staff had asked him to put his flag away because they felt it might offend some people.

The incident occurred at the Camperdown Place branch of the chain, close to the city centre. Mr Rice became embroiled in an argument with staff after draping the flag over his table where he and friends were sitting.

Close but no cigar for me, thanks for digging out the article. I was convinced it was the Counting House so my apologies for doubting you.

Dump of a pub anyway. Why any rangers fan would go in there when the auctioneers is right across the road is beyond me.

Dump of a pub anyway. Why any rangers fan would go in there when the auctioneers is right across the road is beyond me.
Went past it twice en route to and from the Auctioneers but the Auctioneers was about 3 deep at the bar.
Went back to Sammy Dow's to wait for my friends and despite the low number of staff the service was going to be a lot quicker than the Auctioneers.

When they arrived we were heading for Oswalds until we saw the queue for the Mt Florida train stretch across the station concourse, out the side entrance and down Hope Street.

Tried to get in auctioneers last night about 10 it was dead and the arsehole bouncer said they never had enough staff.

Horseshoe and Toby Jug are much better than places like Counting House or Auctioneers.

Back