Coventry City may be expelled from the Football League

Yes, the majority of our fan base come from all over Scotland and NI, we don’t need to be travelling all over Britain every 2nd weekend and midweek.
I know we have fans down South.

Our fans spend 4/5 hours traveling to places like Inverness and Aberdeen on buses. We could run buses to the north of England in half the time or fly to anywhere in the south in a 1/4 of the time. You would struggle to get a ticket for away games if Rangers played in an English league. Travel wouldn't be an issue.

The perfect chance for us to leave was when the SFA revoked our license to play in 2012. Technically, we didn't have a league to play in. If we went to the English authorities at that time, we just might have got let in.
I believe that was our chance but I don't think we'd have been accepted at league level. I think they'd have put us somewhere in the pyramid system. Could you imagine that journey?
Looking back I wish it was something we could have considered. The clubs that all took a kick would have shat themselves at the thought of never having the blue pound in their annual accounts ever again.

Last edited:
You must have a good job to pay for and allow you all the time off for travel.

What time off? You'd leave on a Saturday/Sunday morning for a weekend game. The handful of midweek games you play over the course of a season, yeah you'd need a half day at work but not any different to what bears need to do just now when traveling up North for midweek games.

What time off? You'd leave on a Saturday/Sunday morning for a weekend game. The handful of midweek games you play over the course of a season, yeah you'd need a half day at work but not any different to what bears need to do just now when traveling up North for midweek games.

Look at the table Coventry are in Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bristol, Oxford etc, that’s not including the Cup games. They have played 33 games in the League, 7 more than us already. They virtually place 2 games a week all season if they get a cup run.

No games for the foreseeable future in Europe, no possibility of generating over £10m from European games.

Not for me, but you fire in if you think it’s a goer.

Look at the table Coventry are in Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bristol, Oxford etc, that’s not including the Cup games. They have played 33 games in the League, 7 more than us already. They virtually place 2 games a week all season if they get a cup run.

No games for the foreseeable future in Europe, no possibility of generating over £10m from European games.

Not for me, but you fire in if you think it’s a goer.

I don't think it's a goer. Was just talking about the logistics of traveling and don't think it would be a massive issue. Southampton seem to manage ok and they are closer to France than a lot of clubs they need to travel to every week.

The thought of a large group of Rangers fans taking time off during the week to attend an away game to Rochdale does not really get the juices flowing.
Travelling midweek to play an EPL team well yes.

I believe that was our chance but I don't think we'd have been accepted at league level. I think they'd have put us somewhere in the pyramid system. Could you imagine that journey?
Looking back I wish it was something we could have considered. The clubs that all took a kick would have shat themselves at the thought of never having the blue pound in their annual accounts ever again.

I have always been of the opinion we should stay in Scotland even at our peak when taken of moves to England was suggested.

2012, with hindsight, might have been a good time. The management of us was out to screw us at the time though. It wouldn't have worked out IMO.

However, with the way things are in Scotland now my attitude has changed. I'd happily have us leave tomorrow and start in the 8th tier of the Englisg game despite everything we've worked towards in the last 7 years.

I’d only want us to go to England if we were to play in the premier league, we are the most successful team in football and going to league 1 or 2 doesnt really fit well

I don't want Coventrys' league place, taking advantage of a cubs misfortune does not sit well with me.

They are a good club with decent fans, I wish them all the best and hope they manage to get through this.

I cant see Wasps letting that happen. Something will get sorted. But the EFL absolutley have to look into these owners of Coventry’s.

None of them will ever see my blue pound again, i said it at the time, i will NEVER set foot in another away ground in my lifetime, the lads will have my support from the TV screen but those bastards will never see me near their ground ever again ( i wish others who said the same at the time stood by it but i can fully understand why they don't, it's very hard to not support your team away).

Back