covid 19 - Moyes and 2 players have to leave West Hams game tonight

Homelander

Following positive covid tests. Team line ups have to be changed

Can this season be completed if shit like this is going to happen?

West Ham have confirmed that David Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen have returned positive tests for COVID-19.

The manager and both players immediately left the stadium and have returned home.⚒ #WHUFCSC #COYI

I thought clubs have to do there on testing? When are these tests being carried out, surely it shouldn't get to the stage that people are at the stadium on match day without a negative test result?

This season is going to end up being called and its going to have huge ramifications throughout football.

Football players are increasingly catching the virus, which makes a complete mockery of “bio secure bubble” and special exemptions for international travel and competition they are allowed.

If these bubbles were effective, they should not be returning positive results.
They are in bubbles by means of regular tests not locked away like test cricketers were.
Even if being careful and avoiding pubs etc still risk of catching from family etc

It’s funny the number of famous people getting it. It seems disproportionate really when in the real world it’s 10 to 29 per 100000

maybe just the testing regime. Or the fact they can get one

They are in bubbles by means of regular tests not locked away like test cricketers were.
Even if being careful and avoiding pubs etc still risk of catching from family etc

What’s the difference between Bolingoli going a jolly to Spain vs a team going there for a game, if they are still all subject to regular testing?

If I come back from Spain tomorrow and return a negative test, I still need to do 10 days quarantine, however if I’m a footballer I can do a test and I’m fine to get on with things.

And West Ham are forever blowing them......

bc9e7575b43676b86d04e8fd8b4fc607.gif

Football players are increasingly catching the virus, which makes a complete mockery of “bio secure bubble” and special exemptions for international travel and competition they are allowed.

They seem to share water bottles anytime Ive seen them on tv. That's assuming they dont have their names on them.

They aren’t in the bubble 24/7 they have families and kids who go to school. That’s why they are constantly being tested.

Following positive covid tests. Team line ups have to be changed

Can this season be completed if shit like this is going to happen?

West Ham have confirmed that David Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen have returned positive tests for COVID-19.

The manager and both players immediately left the stadium and have returned home.⚒ #WHUFCSC #COYI
This isn’t sustainable is it?

It’s funny the number of famous people getting it. It seems disproportionate really when in the real world it’s 10 to 29 per 100000

maybe just the testing regime. Or the fact they can get one

The tests are unreliable and 1% are false positives

stands to reason that when they are getting 2 a week that demographic will return a lot of false positives..

Was listening to Talksport today. Leyton Orient owner was on the phone. Got asked about his teams positive coronavirus test results being in double figures. He explained that in the football league it’s either a pass or a fail for the test.
Spurs asked for permission to carry out the tests the way they do it in the Premier league and sent testers to the Leyton Orient team. Said the testing is completely different and said he can’t really explain it but it’s a gradual test and not a simple Pass or Fail. You basically fail if there’s a certain level or something that you hit. Sounds a bit dodgy and inaccurate to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole season collapses in on itself in the next few weeks.
Started wayyy too early.
Sorry Britain, like us in US, you haven’t even finished your first wave of Covid.
Never mind starting the second.
Tougher times to come for all of us.

The virus can take up to 14 days to appear, how come both sets of teams, officials and staff don't have to isolate for 14 days? I understand they are in a priveliged bubble with routine testing, What am I getting wrong here? the results are only a snapshot of that exact moment there's no way they are all tested everyday for 14 days, in which case the worst case scenario is they all show the virus on the 14th day and by which time it's spread asymptomatically to everyone?

it sounded weird to me last night when the story broke
the reporter at the game initially had no idea why 2 players had dropped out

they say "all three went home right away" as if that makes it all right that they were in and about the stadium before the game

Back