Covid and Next Season

CapitalBear1973

Listening to that Professor Jason Leitch on off the ball. Never heard someone so carried away with his own self-importance or who loves the sound of his own voice so much.

I'm getting genuinely concerned that this guy's become fixated with the idea of 2,000 folk max at the start of next season.

Can anyone justify to me why only 2,000 should be allowed at a 50,000 seater stadium like Ibrox next season (when 1,000 folk were packed indoors at the Crucible last week) ?

And given that everyone over 45 (at least) will have had their second jab by the start of next season - (and even before vaccines you were talking about only a tiny percentage of people (without underlying health conditions) under 60 getting hospitalised from Covid) - what is this continued fuss about ?

He said that he expects us to be much closer to normality by November - yes November - this year !!!

Of course I'm going to renew but at this rate I'm worried we're facing the prospect of another season ticket giving access to hardly any matches.

I've got a weekend away on the south coast of England in the diary for 31st July. So far I have no reason to cancel or change those plans as I am not expecting any chance of getting into Ibrox for the opening match of the season that weekend. And I'm an ST Holder.

Too many scientists have gone from providing advice to dictating policy.

They seem to love the power & are unwilling to give it up

It’s definitely down to a power trip on behalf of the snatzis.They love the fact that they have so much control of our lives.As usual England will take the lead and we will reluctantly follow.

The virus hardly transmits outdoors. This is very clear.

The vulnerable in the population have been vaccinated therefore people now, rightly, want to get back to normal.

Control freaks. Still though, they hate English folk so folk vote them in.

He's an arrogant wank who has genuinely relished the limelight. Hence why he's on off the ball every Saturday.

His comments about a main meal were a joke.

I've always erred on the side of caution re the pandemic, and feel that the first lock down should have been more draconian than it was so we'd be past it all by now.

but, even I'd be cautiously optimistic that we'd be past it all by August

not a full house as public transport would be an issue (the subway with distancing on match day? aye right!) but 2k is a ridiculously low number.

Best ignoring any comments from within Scotland when it comes to reopening after covid. If it was left to this govt things would never function again. Other forward thinking countries will prove this work and the govt will be pressured into following suit

Meanwhile in the real world there are reports today that the virus will practically be gone in the UK by August due to the success of the vaccine program

Not expecting a full house first game of the season but there is no reason why within a couple of months of that there shouldn’t be

At this stage the best we can hope for is that England leads the way with getting back to normal, then if their hospitalisation numbers stay low the pressure will be too great, even in this backwater. Not a snowballs chance in hell they do anything pro active up here to normalise our lives!

Really sick of these megalomaniacs running our country

They are doing their best to ruin football, hospitality, tourism and air travel, and we have millions of idiots voting these bastards back in to keep their power trip in play

These affected sectors should combine and take the Scot Govt to court and ask where is the science that says restrictions at football until November are valid ?

Jason Letch is a creepy sleezebag

Meanwhile in the real world there are reports today that the virus will practically be gone in the UK by August due to the success of the vaccine program

Not expecting a full house first game of the season but there is no reason why within a couple of months of that there shouldn’t be

We got rid of the flu in half the time so I guess they are correct.

At this stage the best we can hope for is that England leads the way with getting back to normal, then if their hospitalisation numbers stay low the pressure will be too great, even in this backwater. Not a snowballs chance in hell they do anything pro active up here to normalise our lives!
21,000 will be at Wembley a week today as the latest pilot event.

Yes that's a pilot driven by the government wanting to welcome as many fans as possible to the Euros, but of course Scotland has Euros games as well so should surely have the same enthusiasm to run pilot events with significant numbers of fans?

Yet the outgoing vaccine taskforce chief Clive Dix reckons we will be coronavirus free by end of August.The powers that be up here will do everything they can to make sure we ain’t free to live a normal life.I don’t expect to be back in Ibrox till January at least.

Too many scientists have gone from providing advice to dictating policy.

They seem to love the power & are unwilling to give it up
He isn’t a scientist he’s a fucking dentist, and it took him several attempts to pass his exams to become one.

Listening to that Professor Jason Leitch on off the ball. Never heard someone so carried away with his own self-importance or who loves the sound of his own voice so much.

I'm getting genuinely concerned that this guy's become fixated with the idea of 2,000 folk max at the start of next season.

Can anyone justify to me why only 2,000 should be allowed at a 50,000 seater stadium like Ibrox next season (when 1,000 folk were packed indoors at the Crucible last week) ?

And given that everyone over 45 (at least) will have had their second jab by the start of next season - (and even before vaccines you were talking about only a tiny percentage of people (without underlying health conditions) under 60 getting hospitalised from Covid) - what is this continued fuss about ?

He said that he expects us to be much closer to normality by November - yes November - this year !!!

Of course I'm going to renew but at this rate I'm worried we're facing the prospect of another season ticket giving access to hardly any matches.
So we are going to get 12,000 into Hampden in June, and 2,000 into a match in August.
Total nonsense

I've already renewed for next season regardless but really feel the club has to do something more than simply offering a link to watch the game on TV if we're not allowed in.

What were they mare?

Something about a sausage roll and beans isn't a substantial meal and people shouldn't be ordering that to get alcohol. Back when the rule was alcohol could only be served with food. Something along those lines anyways.

Who is he to decide what constitutes a meal for someone.

If the pilot events are proven to be successful and there's no link to transmission then I think we'll see much bigger crowd levels than 2,000 at the start of next season.

Back