Covid FC getting tore apart on BBC Sportsound

You guys who are going for a Celtic win...do you celebrate if your prediction is right?
Just wondering.
I think Celtic will win tonight, why would you think I’d celebrate them winning if it happens? What it think will happen and what I want to happen are 2 completely separate things. You don’t get extra staunch points for thinking they’ll get beat!!

I’m probably in the minority predicting that they’ll beat livi tonight.

we can’t have any more slip ups in our games. The weekend against a rejigged county and a cup final type Hibs perfromance won’t be easy but we have to absolutely go for it.
I agree, they will beat them tonight and all will be rosey in their garden. Our team though need to concentrate on our games and not let any standards slip and its in the bag.

They’ve clearly broken Covid protocols, the DR today showing how Julien moved around busses which is why so many had to isolate yet the Compliance Officer remains quiet!

Unfortunately, I think so as well.
My thinking is that Livi have to run out of steam eventually and sods law is that it
will be tonight.

edit: So glad this came back and bit my arse. Will be for naught if we don’t do the business against Ross County though.
Lets be honest if we can’t beat Ross County at home the way we have been going then something has went badly wrong in a very short space of time.

We will beat Ross County.

Any audio of his interview? I seen him mouthing I’m finished during the game whilst he ejected some snuf from his insanely ugly mentally challenged pie hole.

Any quotes for those that cant access it?
From the BBC live text

Celtic manager Neil Lennon still hasn't given up on the title, but acknowledges it may be beyond them.

"Never say never but it's too many draws," he said. "Three in a row. The draws are killing us. We have a lot to do. People will say it's over. I can understand that, but we'll keep going.

"It's a strange one. Before lockdown we were 13 points clear and absolutely rampant. I don't know where they've gone. I don't know if it's a mental thing. At times it's been ill-discipline and we haven't kept enough clean sheets. The mentality of the team hasn't been as strong as it should have been.

On his own future, Lennon said: "You're only as good as your results, and that's not been good enough by my own standards.

"Losing the crowds maybe had more of an impact than we envisaged, a lot of players thrive on that. It's really hard to analyse."

From the BBC live text

Celtic manager Neil Lennon still hasn't given up on the title, but acknowledges it may be beyond them.

"Never say never but it's too many draws," he said. "Three in a row. The draws are killing us. We have a lot to do. People will say it's over. I can understand that, but we'll keep going.

"It's a strange one. Before lockdown we were 13 points clear and absolutely rampant. I don't know where they've gone. I don't know if it's a mental thing. At times it's been ill-discipline and we haven't kept enough clean sheets. The mentality of the team hasn't been as strong as it should have been.

On his own future, Lennon said: "You're only as good as your results, and that's not been good enough by my own standards.

"Losing the crowds maybe had more of an impact than we envisaged, a lot of players thrive on that. It's really hard to analyse."

That last line is extraordinary

Here's some more from Neil Lennon, who was asked about his future at the club.

"I've been concerned about my position for a long time," he said on Sportsound.

"When I came in, I didn't know how long I was going to be in the job for because there was an outcry of 'maybe he's not good enough' blah, blah, blah. I've won five trophies out of six so far.

"Maybe the league is beyond us but I don't think there's been a balance. I've just got to keep working away and keep believing that we'll turn results into wins."

Here's some more from Neil Lennon, who was asked about his future at the club.

"I've been concerned about my position for a long time," he said on Sportsound.

"When I came in, I didn't know how long I was going to be in the job for because there was an outcry of 'maybe he's not good enough' blah, blah, blah. I've won five trophies out of six so far.

"Maybe the league is beyond us but I don't think there's been a balance. I've just got to keep working away and keep believing that we'll turn results into wins."
please don't ask about Europe .

Perhaps if during they're period of success they'd have acted with a modicum of humilty i'd feel sorry for him.
But he didn't. He never has and, as with Griffiths, i will enjoy every second of their downfall.

Feel sorry for a celtic manager because of a run of bad results?

Hell will freeze over before that ever happens to me mate. Even if that manager has the most humility in the world.

Back