Covid - Patterson et al - Is there a date for case review

NHAMPTON_BEAR

I’d read that the SFA could not “fast track” any Covid case for Patterson and the other 4. It got me thinking:

1. Will there be a case by the SFA - if yes, do we know when?
2. Is there a chance our internal discipline will be enough?

Half of the Celtic squad can drink in a public bar and nothing happens. So option 2 should be enough, but, with the SFA...who knows.

I’d read that the SFA could not “fast track” any Covid case for Patterson and the other 4. It got me thinking:

1. Will there be a case by the SFA - if yes, do we know when?
2. Is there a chance our internal discipline will be enough?

Half of the Celtic squad can drink in a public bar and nothing happens. So option 2 should be enough, but, with the SFA...who knows.
If number 2 is enough do you think JJ and GE have a case to sue.

They never infiltrated the “sporting bubble”. Rangers dealt with it internally and that’s how it should end.

The Aberdeen lot and our two that got fined/banned were just a patsy due to them having to take action against them because of a player being allowed to infiltrate the “sporting bubble”, they aren’t getting another patsy from us.

As others have said, I expect a charge to appear before Wednesday's game.

If so, I really wish the club would take the SFA head on. However, they won't and will still be "building bridges" with them.

I've never quite understood the clamour to see them suffer the same consequences as JJ and GE. There appears to be a marked difference in their actions. Yes, both broke covid rules, but in reality the patterson group got together with their day to day partners (I believe) and didn't party with a bunch of unknowns at a public hotel. It's a big difference, so surely their punishment would be less severe? They've already missed a few games due to iso, is it hard to believe that may be the line In the sand?

Let’s not forget that Londonduffy was able to leave a bubble, fly to London on a commercial flight and then rejoin without isolation period again on the basis on 1 passed test. Not a peep from the press or SFA. Our lads while silly never left their bubble and also then isolated.

JJ and GE risked football by partying with randoms.
These 5 broken the Covid rules enforced by the Government within the same company as they are in day to day. But there was really no added risk to football.

So I don't see what case they'd have.
True but Dapo Mebude’s involvement died by help the same bubble defence

I have searched a few times and couldn’t find any calendar schedule for SFA reviewing cases. I don’t think it’ll be an automatic 7 game, that was at a time the government where still on top of things and it was a need to be harsh. 2/3 at most to match Bolingoli and the Aberdeen players if it does happen.

Same date as the Dubai review.
My view on this has never changed.
I can’t understand how a company can be taken to task for something an employee did firstly, outwith working hours, secondly, whilst they were not representing the club and thirdly, they were not representing football at all.
Would Tesco be disciplined if their staff broke Covid rules?
Would the SNP, indeed the Government, be disciplined if one of their members broke the same rules?
There is quite a difference between Rangers’ responsibility for the players involved (which was not planned, organised or supervised by the club) and what Celtic’s responsibilities are for their Dubai which they did plan, did, organise and would have been responsible for all supervision whilst there.

I have searched a few times and couldn’t find any calendar schedule for SFA reviewing cases. I don’t think it’ll be an automatic 7 game, that was at a time the government where still on top of things and it was a need to be harsh. 2/3 at most to match Bolingoli and the Aberdeen players if it does happen.
Werent the aberdeen players games suspended? I'm not sure about bolingoli

I would have no issue with the SFA dealing with our breaches, as long as they dealt with Celtic's first.

There were, what... 8 or 9 of them in a public hotel bar?

As long as there's consistency then I've no issue.

However, it's the SFA we're talking about. I'd go to war with them over it if they banned our players and not theirs.

Them admitting Covid breaches, the photos by the pool mixing with random guests and then in a bar was clear breaches for elite sport. SFA did nothing, not even ask them to explain even after admitting breaches. That precedent is our defence, difference is we punished these players and dealt with it. After them getting preferential treatment to go to Dubai and the aftermath I’ll be raging if the SFA charge them! I expect to be raging!

Aberdeen players were suspended bans and would only kick in if they broke the rules again within a certain time frame. Bolingoli was a 5 match ban but 2 were suspended.

If the players are going to be punished and Gerrard said on Thursday he's expecting them to do so then it then it will be at least the same punishment that Jones and Edmundson got.

No ban, under the carpet so that Dubai can remain so as well I suspect, had Dubai not happened, they and the club would have already been hammered.

They will be meeting trying to find a way to ban our players whilst forgetting about Dubai! That’s their stumbling block here. They know the filth f.ucked up and they done nothing. So it’s now hard to punish any other breaches. Still they will find a way because it’s Rangers.

Celtic and Neic fucked it for themselves with Dubai and their form to hand us the league. That's a get out of jail card for the SPL as that rancid club should have been made real examples of following abolutley rippng the piss out of every single rule. They need that to remain under the carpert now as the harm would be much more clear, for both the SPL and Celtic groups working together.

After Dubai they 2 positive Covid cases and clear evidence of JRG elite sports rules but zero action against them

Then last weekend Lino officiates at a game when he should be self isolating

So who is taking the blame and punishment for these incidents?

Our 5 if they are banned should be asking the SFA a to confirm why no action has been taken over these incidents?

New Compliance Officer takes up post next week. By Friday I expect both the Covid 5 and the Dhims, for their Dubai Debacle, to have been cited. Hearings likely to be set for 2 weeks on from the date of citing. It’s off-field activity so isn’t subject to the Fast Track process, hence the 2 week date for the hearing. Bans for our guys, fine for the Dhims.

They won't automatic banned unless the club accept it any notice of complaint will have hearing date

Therefore it would upto the club to appeal it

Steven Gerrard said they were already working with the SFA on this matter and his comment post Antwerp kind of tells they are expecting something to happen

Last edited:
JJ & GE breach was on 1st November and they learned their fate on 19th November. On that basis we must be close to hearing something from the SFA.

Back