Covid - Patterson et al - Is there a date for case review

JJ & GE breach was on 1st November and they learned their fate on 19th November. On that basis we must be close to hearing something from the SFA.
In that instance they were cited on 4/5 Nov with the Hearing set, as you say, for 19 Nov. The lack of a CO has delayed matters this time around for our guys and, maybe, the Dhims.

whats the difference between what they did and the first ministers cronies in the photo of no social distancing and no masks in bute house on friday.
That is an old photo.

I think the saving grace will be the third feck up by Sellik FA and also nothing happening with their pet team.

As far as I am concerned, they were fined by the police.

The club would therefore be entitled to make their isolation period "unpaid leave".

As for the SFA? They can do one!

Anything else would be multiple punishment for the same offence.

The Aberdeen 8 didn't break the law of the land. Neither did Bolinthingmae. Therefore, it was appropriate for the football authorities to deal with it.

These 5 did -and have received their punishment. Any more would be a witch hunt

Although pretty much everyone agreed with the action Rangers took with JJ and GE, the 7 match bans was absurd. Nobody else has even got 1/2 that. Although nothing was said - I am sure Rangers were raging at this as the club had already dealt with the matter.

Ok they cant fast track a case but it was 2 weeks ago. I mean come on that's hardly fast tracking it.

I personally think the matter has been dealt with and that's the end of it
Hope your right also the silence from the dark side on the subject is surprising. Maybe their trip to Dubai painted them into corner.

They never infiltrated the “sporting bubble”. Rangers dealt with it internally and that’s how it should end.

The Aberdeen lot and our two that got fined/banned were just a patsy due to them having to take action against them because of a player being allowed to infiltrate the “sporting bubble”, they aren’t getting another patsy from us.
The sporting bubble applies only to players when involved in training and playing, they are not allowed to mix socially, and certainly not with the 5 women who were present. The only hope is that the club grow a pair and bring up the assistant ref who officiated when he should have been self isolating, and the Dubai mob who broke social distancing rules galore.

Keevens saying that the president was set by Jones and Edmondsons 7 match ban but going by that statement surely they 2 should have had the same as Bolingoli a 3 match ban, explain that 1 SPFL

Let’s not forget that Londonduffy was able to leave a bubble, fly to London on a commercial flight and then rejoin without isolation period again on the basis on 1 passed test. Not a peep from the press or SFA. Our lads while silly never left their bubble and also then isolated.
Where's that dry powder we've been stockpiling?

Let’s not forget that Londonduffy was able to leave a bubble, fly to London on a commercial flight and then rejoin without isolation period again on the basis on 1 passed test. Not a peep from the press or SFA. Our lads while silly never left their bubble and also then isolated.
The 'sporting bubble' applies only when they are at training or at a match. The minute that ends they have no bubble. Hence, they aren't permitted to car share to/from training, for example. They went wholly against what the Club had told them, often and forcibly, the minute they met up in Bassey's house. Add in the fact that there were 5 others there as well (the girlfriends) and it was an appalling affront to everything the Club had asked of them.

There are questions to be asked about the handling of incidents at other clubs, but none of them excuse the actions of our 5 guys - particularly in the aftermath of Jones/Edmundson - and we shouldn't seek to play down their stupidity and indiscipline.

The SFA have dug themselves a huge hole with this. The 7 match ban to JJ and GE has not been followed by similar punishments over Dubaigate!
The lack of a CO didn't prevent them banning Alfredo for 3 games yet here we are still not knowing what punishment will be handed down to the 5. No matter what happens now will be inconsistent with what has gone previously.

The SFA have dug themselves a huge hole with this. The 7 match ban to JJ and GE has not been followed by similar punishments over Dubaigate!
The lack of a CO didn't prevent them banning Alfredo for 3 games yet here we are still not knowing what punishment will be handed down to the 5. No matter what happens now will be inconsistent with what has gone previously.
One word

Corrupt

The 'sporting bubble' applies only when they are at training or at a match. The minute that ends they have no bubble. Hence, they aren't permitted to car share to/from training, for example. They went wholly against what the Club had told them, often and forcibly, the minute they met up in Bassey's house. Add in the fact that there were 5 others there as well (the girlfriends) and it was an appalling affront to everything the Club had asked of them.

There are questions to be asked about the handling of incidents at other clubs, but none of them excuse the actions of our 5 guys - particularly in the aftermath of Jones/Edmundson - and we shouldn't seek to play down their stupidity and indiscipline.

You make good points as usual mate. I also forgot about Dapo being on loan so that alone made my point invalid.

What I do find strange though is the difference in attitude to these breaches south of the border. West Ham and Spurs players mixing at Christmas but to my knowledge the FA weren’t urged to ban players? Numerous other breaches down there also but never see anyone saying these players shouldn’t play again.

You make good points as usual mate. I also forgot about Dapo being on loan so that alone made my point invalid.

What I do find strange though is the difference in attitude to these breaches south of the border. West Ham and Spurs players mixing at Christmas but to my knowledge the FA weren’t urged to ban players? Numerous other breaches down there also but never see anyone saying these players shouldn’t play again.
Yup, agreed. There's a huge discrepancy in handling of cases here and down South - and beyond.

Just out of interest what football rules have been broken here? Is this not just a case of employees being disciplined internally by their employers for a breach of protocols. The Police issued fixed penalties for the breach in line with current laws, so where do the SFA enter this as there were no football breaches.

Two different 'systems' mate. On field offences can be dealt with via the Fast Track process. Other misdemeanours are dealt with in slower time by the 'routine' disciplinary process.
Thanks for the explanation, VB. It's a wondrous system of smoke and mirrors.
Would still have thought the CO's "brief" to identify matters of concern (or whatever they call them (probably "Rangers Related"??)) would have come into play. No need to explain further - I still won't really get it... :oops:

Think the sfa are struggling with what to do about the situation since they avoided bans when it came to the mhanks breaking rules in Dubai

Depends if they didn't get paid during their 7 game bans but precedent has been set they could argue. Or they leave it alone and take it on the chin.
Slight argument for win bonuses. The fact they’ve had to go out on loan to gain match fitness

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have been punished but there has to be consistency

The sporting bubble applies only to players when involved in training and playing, they are not allowed to mix socially, and certainly not with the 5 women who were present. The only hope is that the club grow a pair and bring up the assistant ref who officiated when he should have been self isolating, and the Dubai mob who broke social distancing rules galore.
Not sure of backgrounds but if the 5 women are live in partners to the players then they form their own bubbles. Which effectively mix when the player leaves his home and goes to work

Not sure of backgrounds but if the 5 women are live in partners to the players then they form their own bubbles. Which effectively mix when the player leaves his home and goes to work
You can't argue that Patterson's girlfriend is in a bubble with Zungu, for example. Where does it end? Does that mean Zungu is in a bubble with Patterson's girlfriends Mum?:eek:

Face facts, the guys screwed up. They let the Club down. The punishment is up for debate, their stupidity and indiscipline isn't.

Celtic and Neic fucked it for themselves with Dubai and their form to hand us the league. That's a get out of jail card for the SPL as that rancid club should have been made real examples of following abolutley rippng the piss out of every single rule. They need that to remain under the carpert now as the harm would be much more clear, for both the SPL and Celtic groups working together.
They never handed us the league. We’ve done this on our own back.

If we prep for Wednesday to have Patterson play and he gets a ban then we appeal it.

Them admitting Covid breaches, the photos by the pool mixing with random guests and then in a bar was clear breaches for elite sport. SFA did nothing, not even ask them to explain even after admitting breaches. That precedent is our defence, difference is we punished these players and dealt with it. After them getting preferential treatment to go to Dubai and the aftermath I’ll be raging if the SFA charge them! I expect to be raging!

The clubs punishment of our Covid 5 would appear to be pretty lenient compared to what I thought the they might hand down. It seems to be a 2 week fine alongside self isolation for the minimum number of days required.

I genuinely thought that with this being our 2nd such breach the club might throw the book and that the players would not feature again for the remainder of the season. However perhaps with Celtic seemingly being immune from any SFA punishment following Dubai-gate, the club feels they can treat the 5 less harshly and are ready (at last) to fight any punishmen the authorities might hand down.

With Lennon seeningly getting off Scot free for his scatter gun interview where he laid into both SFA and Scottish Govt then I feel confident that we are on pretty solid ground to counter any ban on the 5.

I think it will run and run and nothing will be done. As how are they going to justify their position on dubai gate, taking no action. How corrupt are they going to look especially when Lennon directly criticize other teams Hamilton and St Johnstone, the NHS and the Government. Never mind the pictures of the pub and pool scenes. Swept under the carpet

Only one team has had players that broke social distancing rules and were permitted to infiltrate the whole of Scottish football by said player, knowingly or not, allowed to play against other teams. That should be the only reason that SFA involves itself but they know that’ll bring out a group of deluded neds so they need a patsy.
They should of made it impossible to charge Rangers due to how they defended that Dubai mob but let’s see.

They cant punish us until they have dealt with a certain clubs sponsered and organised jolly to dubai. Rangers have an opel goal on this if bans are handed out.

Celtic and Neic fucked it for themselves with Dubai and their form to hand us the league. That's a get out of jail card for the SPL as that rancid club should have been made real examples of following abolutley rippng the piss out of every single rule. They need that to remain under the carpert now as the harm would be much more clear, for both the SPL and Celtic groups working together.
Nobody handed us the league! We won/ will win it on merit. We've been magnificent.

As far as the club are concerned I think they have treated both incidents the same. The long suspensions came from the SFA.

I think he SFA will hammer the second 5 too. It would put them in a tricky position if they didn’t.

They’ve already got a riddy from their own linesman fcuking things up.

The burning question though is why no action has been initiated against the virus ridden cesspit in the east end.

You can't argue that Patterson's girlfriend is in a bubble with Zungu, for example. Where does it end? Does that mean Zungu is in a bubble with Patterson's girlfriends Mum?:eek:

Face facts, the guys screwed up. They let the Club down. The punishment is up for debate, their stupidity and indiscipline isn't.
I’m not denying they screwed up.

I was just meaning that if players A lives with girlfriend and she is unknowingly a carrier player A could catch it and again unknowingly pass on to their team. So still a risk but less of a risk than meeting up with random strangers.

But at the end of the day they did break the rules and needlessly put team mates at risk and embarrassed the club

I think the authorities have to tread carefully here. The whole covid scenario has been a cluster. Some players banned while others weren’t. Some clubs deducted points while others weren’t and later reversed, etc,etc. A highly publicized recent case with isolations but no bans and now of course this situation.

Looking through recent disciplinary hearings, the only thing I see are the Kilmarnock and St Mirren reversals. Are there no other instances of these types of situations recently ?

It’ll be very interesting to see what is done, if anything.

Just out of interest what football rules have been broken here? Is this not just a case of employees being disciplined internally by their employers for a breach of protocols. The Police issued fixed penalties for the breach in line with current laws, so where do the SFA enter this as there were no football breaches.
The various players charged (Aberdeen 7, Bolingoli, Jones/Edmundson) were all charged with breaching Disciplinary Rule 24 and either Disciplinary Rule 71 or 77.

Disciplinary Rule 24 – A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall be subject to and shall comply with the Articles, the Laws of the Game and the rules, procedures and regulations, bye-laws and Decisions of the Scottish FA.

Disciplinary Rule 77 - A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent Conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Disciplinary Rule 71 – No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Back