Covid providing opportunity for possible British set up?

If there is the widespread devastation of clubs going out of business there’s a case for it happening then. We all know in normal circumstances they don’t really need us or want the added competition from a huge club like ourselves but that could change if clubs cease to exist, the cross border aspect is clearly not as water tight an argument as some like to make out it is, it’s already happening as mentioned and is actively being explored in other countries as well with the Dutch and Belgian clubs possibly merging leagues. I would bite their hands off for a start in league 2 right now in order to leave this absolute toilet behind forever.

This must be the thousandth different time somebody has started a nonsense thread about us moving to England. It's never going to happen. Never. There are no circumstances that could bring it about.

Over the coming months many clubs will regrettably disappear across Europe. Something will need to be done to fill the gaps.
Personally I'd like us and other like minded clubs to tell the sfa and the spfl to do one and approach the fa and ask it to be the authority for clubs in Scotland too. No reason we couldn't form the northernmost wing of their regional set up at their 6th tier. All clubs would find their own level in the following years. Once a few leave the SFA then the rest will follow

They are not. They are nation States. Scotland is like Alabama in how it self governs everything but tax and defence or federal matters as part of a larger Federation or State. Tax revenues are paid to the UK, not Scotland.

Uefa is club football remember, and it makes £ as a corporation, puting it under the jurisdiction of EU tax laws. For example, if Amazon wanted to move its HQ to UK, it wouldn't matter which part of the UK as the tax is the same. That same reason is the one that allows a Welsh PL team to move to England.

The only thing stopping it happening is ignorance.

UK is the state, or country. Scotlands a nation state. Roughly similar to a US state within a union which handles its federalised matters.

UEFA operates under EU tax laws. We pay taxes to UK, not Scotland. As do Swansea, and Cardiff too. Like sky would pass off the chance chance

One which knew the difference between a state and a nation state.

It’s %^*& all like a US Federation state.

At this point I neither have the time or patience to argue how wrong you are, I’m sure 5mins I’d googling will show how stupid the above quote is.

We didn’t create the idea, that was a Murray PR spin. A breakaway outside of UEFA, are you serious?

What's with the negativity? The OP raises a good point worth discussing. Whether is a possibilty or not, it is definitely worth discussing. Even more so that there is not much else to discuss in a football sense.

This must be the thousandth different time somebody has started a nonsense thread about us moving to England. It's never going to happen. Never. There are no circumstances that could bring it about.

Its probaably more than a thousand right enough but despite all the rage no one has explained why it wont happen. Just that Man City dont need us which no ones even suggested.

We are never going to move to the top league i think that can be completely ruled out but tv coverage would be far more interesting and popular at League 1 level with Rangers in that division. Plenty in the english media would back Rangers but ofcourse there would be some anger too we need the support of the government im sure big Boris would listen he already has an idea about the kind of poison in control up here and frauds at the SNP.

I would absolutely love to be playing a match against some lower league side even Burton or Lincoln with match officials that wont be cheating. The excitement of a proper cup draw. When the new season kicks off here we will see our refs desperately motivated to prove how much they enjoy being an important part of the cabel. No one, least of all the refs, wants to clean the game its Rangers and thats it.

Its gone too far now in Scotland, its more than football its about religion and politics, bigotry too, its a fix there is no point being part of bent competition even loyal fans wont keep paying for it, players will want out too, the club has to do everything to make a move to the English system.

We are a British club its not the same as mainland europe, why shouldnt we be allowed to play there same as Welsh clubs or other sports that have Scottish teams involved ?

Its probaably more than a thousand right enough but despite all the rage no one has explained why it wont happen. Just that Man City dont need us which no ones even suggested.

We are never going to move to the top league i think that can be completely ruled out but tv coverage would be far more interesting and popular at League 1 level with Rangers in that division. Plenty in the english media would back Rangers but ofcourse there would be some anger too we need the support of the government im sure big Boris would listen he already has an idea about the kind of poison in control up here and frauds at the SNP.

I would absolutely love to be playing a match against some lower league side even Burton or Lincoln with match officials that wont be cheating. The excitement of a proper cup draw. When the new season kicks off here we will see our refs desperately motivated to prove how much they enjoy being an important part of the cabel. No one, least of all the refs, wants to clean the game its Rangers and thats it.

Its gone too far now in Scotland, its more than football its about religion and politics, bigotry too, its a fix there is no point being part of bent competition even loyal fans wont keep paying for it, players will want out too, the club has to do everything to make a move to the English system.

We are a British club its not the same as mainland europe, why shouldnt we be allowed to play there same as Welsh clubs or other sports that have Scottish teams involved ?

we are not moving to England because we cannot be parachuted into league 1 or 2. Even if we were to move, which would never happen, we would need to start at the very bottom of the football league pyramid. That's at least 11 leagues below the premier league. What part ofnthe word never is so hard to understand?

I know for a fact that League 2 Clubs in England are discussing the possibility of not playing football until next spring 2021 at the earliest because they cant afford to do so behind closed doors and pay for 100’s of tests this came from someone who was on the league’s conference call last week

I honestly wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of us being offered a slot in league 2 however unlikely it is these are unprecedented times in the sport and money dictates

Cameron said that we would be in with a shout if we voted No.

cameronspl-460x357.jpg

we are not moving to England because we cannot be parachuted into league 1 or 2. Even if we were to move, which would never happen, we would need to start at the very bottom of the football league pyramid. That's at least 11 leagues below the premier league. What part ofnthe word never is so hard to understand?

I think what you mean is you dont want it to happen.

Thats where the panic seems to come from if it was so ridiculous there would be one or two pointing out why and not just screaming Noooooooooooooooo, all the time. They dont even know who we are.

Id just add i have no problem with people saying they prefer scottish football to the lower leagues in England be be great to win this league against course it would, with these refs that will never happen.:))

Back