Match Thread Cowdenbeath v Rangers - 19:45 Friday - POSTPONED

That’s the problems with these type of grounds in the winter.

Extra rest then for the start of the second half after the winter break.

Was looking forward to seeing Davis and Defoe as well

Think of all the pound notes they made from Away tickets and TV money and the hosts can't even get a fucking game of football on in Spring like conditions. Didn't fancy sourcing/putting on a heated sheet or tent to cover the pitch until 7pm?

Fk me, 3 week break and first game bk gets called off. Phoned my mate who is through there and said it's no even that cold?

Shambles.

With the tv money they are receiving they should be penalised for not having a playable pitch. The cold weather coming is hardly a surprise.

Anyone else having difficulties buying the game? I’m getting a ‘not available’ button. Never had an issue previously.

Apparently Cowdenbeath are fuming with this and saying the pitch is fine , a local ref called it off ? What’s happened here ? Something stinks

What's this shite about a local ref? Surely the match officials should be there to make a decision.

A fucking local ref? Who the hell has made this decision and how. It is not even close to freezing

Ah rubbish. Just noticed that it was postponed due frozen pitch. And to the angry donkey, no I wasn’t joking! I hadn’t heard it was postponed. Shoot me! :D

What's this shite about a local ref? Surely the match officials should be there to make a decision.

A fucking local ref? Who the hell has made this decision and how. It is not even close to freezing

Because a corner flag had ice on it . Pitch is fine supposedly . Farcical .

What an utter shambles, the cold snap was well forecast, surely the pitch cannot be unplayable after one cold feckin day?
A couple of hundred quid on heaters would have ensured the pitch was playable, now it will cost them feckin thousands in TV money.
PS Further highlights the stupidity of the winter break. Play 9 games in December, have a break for 3 weeks, then first game back is cancelled because of weather.

What an utter shambles, the cold snap was well forecast, surely the pitch cannot be unplayable after one cold feckin day?
A couple of hundred quid on heaters would have ensured the pitch was playable, now it will cost them feckin thousands in TV money.

The pitch is fine apparently but the corner flag was frozen . Source radio Clyde

Honestly never seen anything like it. A game called off because of a corner flag being frozen. People wonder why Scottish football is seen as a joke.

The reason it was called off FFS!!!

DxNbAP9X4AE3XJv.jpg

We should be told exactly who called it off. It should be up to the players and managers if the game goes ahead first and foremost, if no consensus reached then the match officials step in

Back