Match Thread Cowdenbeath v Rangers - 19:45 Friday - POSTPONED

We weren't happy with a couple of areas of the park and didn't want to risk the chance of a serious injury.

Pain in the arse for all us that were heading through, or had already headed, but we certainly don't want to take any risks with our players on a surface that is judged dangerous in patches.
22 of us on the bus just about to leave Glasgow at 5pm,shambles for travelling fans,surely decision could have been made earlier.

Disappointing that the game has been postponed. Wasn't going, but would have listened to the game on the radio and followed the match thread on here.

Ha ha.
RTV re run of scum game.
Pic quality is crap for me.
Was looking for tonights game.
But stuff it let's what the scum gain again

Dont see any mention

Premier Sports did 20 minutes

KThomson Craigan BankruptMoron all agreed pitch was not playable

Cowdenbeath made a mess of one cover. Frost got under and stayed under. Their fault.

Oh well, that's 4 hours journey time and a few spondooliks I won't get back but the safety of players is paramount. We have enough misfortune with injuries without inviting more.

Back home now and cracking some cans. C'est la vie.

We weren't happy with a couple of areas of the park and didn't want to risk the chance of a serious injury.

Pain in the arse for all us that were heading through, or had already headed, but we certainly don't want to take any risks with our players on a surface that is judged dangerous in patches.

If they put sand down it would have been fine - f'n pussies!

Maybe I’m just old fashioned but my first away game watching Rangers was at cappielow . I can’t remember the score but it was a snowy pitch , an orange ball and the players wore Adidas samba specials . The pitch was 10 times worse than that tonight . Nobody got injured .

I feel quite annoyed if it was indeed us who pulled the plug instead of just gettin in with the game . I guarantee that pitch tonight is safer than Kilmarnock or livingsons will be .

I can understand why we would want it called off, don’t want any more serious injuries.

But if it’s just the corner that wasn’t in great shape, it seems very ‘precious’ to me.

But then again, maybe that’s modern football

It is really annoying being off, I’m in New Zealand and this was probably the first game this season where I could wake up on a Saturday morning and watch a game, I was really looking forward to it. I had even went to but some pastries for breakfast before I heard the news! Grrr

It is really annoying being off, I’m in New Zealand and this was probably the first game this season where I could wake up on a Saturday morning and watch a game, I was really looking forward to it. I had even went to but some pastries for breakfast before I heard the news! Grrr

At least yer no freezing mate. :D

So with it being predominately 1 corner that's frozen (going by the pics and vids anyway) is it possible that the wind has caught the underneath of the cover and blown it over?

In other words, have Cowdenbeath made a lady's front bottom of it?

I see the irony of angrily complaining on an internet forum about something that was actually much more commonplace “back in ma day” is lost on FF's resident roasters.

“Just fuckin get oan wae it and stop moanin”. Aye. Quite.

Steven Halliday writing in the Scotsman says Jimmy Bell our kit man influenced the postponement. He must have taken this from Rocksport radio interview with Donald Findlay . Having heard the interview live and the joke made by Findlay and Hugh Burns ,you really can see the agenda some journalists have against us, pathetic.

Steven Halliday writing in the Scotsman says Jimmy Bell our kit man influenced the postponement. He must have taken this from Rocksport radio interview with Donald Findlay . Having heard the interview live and the joke made by Findlay and Hugh Burns ,you really can see the agenda some journalists have against us, pathetic.

He maybe forgot the kits and thought "aw %^*& whit a beamer. A ken - tae save face ahl jist say the pitch looks shockin' like an that'll get the game postponed. Nae bastard need ken aboot ma %^*& up then."

But when we play them on the rescheduled date there is no guarantee it will be any better?

For what it's worth I'm the head groundsman(part time) at Dumbarton and in my experience there is no chance any SFA ref would call a game off for just that corner. I've had to deal with a few dodgy decisions over the years. Only thing I can see from this is the touchline the linesman runs up. Hardly any grass on it and if you don't cover it you are fecked. Looking forward to the official report. Bizarre.

Top story in the Sun as well.

Can just imagine Jimmy Bell going to the Gaffer and saying ‘cal it off, there’s a corner that’s frozen’

So with it being predominately 1 corner that's frozen (going by the pics and vids anyway) is it possible that the wind has caught the underneath of the cover and blown it over?

In other words, have Cowdenbeath made a lady's front bottom of it?

That's exactly what happened. Tin pot operation.

Top story in the Sun as well.

Can just imagine Jimmy Bell going to the Gaffer and saying ‘cal it off, there’s a corner that’s frozen’

So did Jimmy only pack the short sleeve jerseys and regular thickness socks? I hope their at least gonna make their pishy headline plausible.

Next he’ll be dictating signing policy and negotiating Brexit.

It was hardly -10 and they knew this drop in temperature was coming in from Wednesday onwards how in this day we cannot protect a pitch for 48 hours is a disgrace IMO.

Another fixture congested in between important league games.

Who the f*ck wants to go to Cowdenbeath on a Wednesday night too, Friday was perfect for getting away early from work.

The weather is not changing for the foreseeable future. In fact it's to get even colder with a big chance of snow arriving from the East next week. What happens if the game is off again? Another 12 day delay ?

BBC claiming it was us that wanted it postponed

""We were confident that the pitch was good," Ewing told BBC Scotland. "Some of the Rangers staff arrived and the next thing there were discussions with the SFA and they wanted to send the referee along."

So the weather forecast for the night before the 're-schedule is for temperatures to be below zero before struggling up to about 3 degrees on match day and then falling away again after dark.

What a bummer !

So looking forward to the game after 3 weeks without any fitba and new signings but only have to wait until Wednesday.
At least the reschedule comes before St Midden so could have been worse. Hope it goes ahead !

BBC claiming it was us that wanted it postponed

""We were confident that the pitch was good," Ewing told BBC Scotland. "Some of the Rangers staff arrived and the next thing there were discussions with the SFA and they wanted to send the referee along."
Read that as well mate. Seems everything is our fault according to BBC Scotland.

They have admitted that parts of the covers blew off with the wind in some areas, tinpot , but the SFA should have assisted them , they are quick enough to take money in the new TV deal for the Scottish cup.. but they sat back and did nothing on it's very first game of the deal.. seriously how much would a couple of blow heaters have cost them,..

The tims in the media are losing all control, better clear some wards in the mental hospital for 55.

Cowdenbeath would want game on. Money now from TV as opposed to 30th. Rangers should be all over this .Cowdenbeath want game on, we want a safe pitch. Ref will make correct choice.

Managers choice. If it was celtic or Aberdeen etc then McGregor would start tonight.

Wes needs a run out anyway
I get what your saying mate but think it should always be your strongest team when playing in the major tournament
Maybe I’m just old fashioned but my first away game watching Rangers was at cappielow . I can’t remember the score but it was a snowy pitch , an orange ball and the players wore Adidas samba specials . The pitch was 10 times worse than that tonight . Nobody got injured .

I feel quite annoyed if it was indeed us who pulled the plug instead of just gettin in with the game . I guarantee that pitch tonight is safer than Kilmarnock or livingsons will be .
I was at that game it ended up 3-3

“That side of the park doesn’t get much sun. When we lifted the covers we realised that area of the park was a problem area.

“We’ve done various things to get the game on. The referee won’t be popular but I understand his decision.

“Rangers and ourselves both wanted the game on but it’s disappointing for everybody.

“This is the problem with winter in Scotland. We could have called the game off early but we wanted to give it every chance of going ahead.”

Back