Craig Gordon Arfield could have been sent off

Pressure applied on Madden now to redress the balance in future fixtures.
All part of the narrative.
Expect tomorrow`s headlines to be Arfield lucky not to receive red card;
as opposed to being on the wrong end of a lunge from a habitual offender.....

Definite red if a two footed challenge on the grass is considered a foul, studs were pointed in that direction and everything.

He actually said that? Fucking hell, he’s even more bitter and stupid than I thought :eek:

Anyone listening to anyone in the scottish media is going to have a very long and stressful season. They have no credibility and I can guarantee you, unless you are completely new to football, you won’t learn anything of substance.

Why is some lower league random ex Celtic reject commenting on refereeing decisions in our game? There may be a clue in the question there.
As a current player surely this is bringing the game into disrepute.
Trial by Sportscene up and running early.

It’s a fall back as they didn’t have anything to have a go at Morelos over and start to talk down his value in the Sunday’s tomorrow.

Am gonna go against everyone here and say

if VAR was in use ... Arfield might have been in bother , 100% red for Considine but arfield did go into the tackle with both feet off the floor , anyone who can’t see it is just blue tinted specs and the type of folk we rip the pish out of across the city .. a feared instantly Arfield was gonna go when madden ran over

Why don’t we get Jonny Hayes view on it?

If Arfield had planted his foot, he’d be in a bad way right now. He was lucky it was in motion.
Jonny Hayes is looking at his reflection on a spoon and thinking WTF am I looking at?

Same as Boyd over the last couple of years of his career, why is a current player allowed to have that type of platform to criticise officials with impunity?

Remember when he was at Sunderland, his manager Steve Bruce essentially called him a shitebag because he would not come off his line.

Thats what I think of when I think of Craig Gordon.

Sportscene looking for red cards already

CRAIG GORDON reckons Rangers star Scott Arfield could've been sent off after the crunching tackle with Aberdeen defender Andrew Considine.

The Dons stopper was shown a red card for the lunge but Arfield escaped any punishment at Pittodrie, as Gers ran out 1-0 winners.

And Hearts keeper Gordon claims Arfield jumped into the "meaty challenge" with two feet and could've walked.

Speaking on Sportscene, ex-Celtic keeper Gordon said: "No, I don't think so.

"You look at Arfield jumping in with two feet as well there.

"It was quite a meaty challenge from both players there.

"You look at that and I don't think you can complain about the red card.

"Both players are in serious danger of going for red cards the way they've both went in for that.

"I don't think you have any complaints when you see that back."

Tbf, Gordon said we played very well and thoroughly deserved to win.

That's more than what the lunatic fringe on the match thread were saying.

The impartial BBC at it again with their pundit lineup
Glad I don't watch that pish
It appears to me that Gordon said nothing of the sort.
Arfield did have studs up.
But consadine went though him.
And was rightly red carded.
I don't really see where Gordon contradicted that at first reading?

To keep on board with what's to come.
My general opinion on Gordon is that he's a self obsessed money grabbing mentally challenged lickspittle.

Back