Craig Gordon Arfield could have been sent off

To those of us supporters who live in the real world, once again trial by Sportscene.
I don’t expect the Stewart Robertson fan club to have the foggiest idea what I’m talking about.

Glad our physio resurrected his career, sad the McCoist era spending offered him zero so he went to the dark side. But really Craig, no need to be an utter twat.

I think that every player goes into a tackle with two feet, the red card was for the studs showing and only one player was doing that.
The fact Arfield never went in two footed is obviously completely lost on you.
Yet another plum who listens to shyte from so called experts but doesn’t actually look at the situation with his own eyes.

Was arfield levitating to be executing a two footed challenge?
Scott's foot position suggests he was trying to trap the ball.
Only one player showed all his studs towards his opponent.

I'd also like to say is CG trying to be controversial, has he been coached, or is he that fooling dumb??

Arfield used two feet but he used them to stand. The two footed red card rule came about to combat high likelihood of injury, you cannot (arfield) injure someone by using both feet to stand and not commit to a challenge. If arfield had slid in or made a tackle with both feet then rightly red card. He never. Simple. No red therefore

Sportscene looking for red cards already

CRAIG GORDON reckons Rangers star Scott Arfield could've been sent off after the crunching tackle with Aberdeen defender Andrew Considine.

The Dons stopper was shown a red card for the lunge but Arfield escaped any punishment at Pittodrie, as Gers ran out 1-0 winners.

And Hearts keeper Gordon claims Arfield jumped into the "meaty challenge" with two feet and could've walked.

Speaking on Sportscene, ex-Celtic keeper Gordon said: "No, I don't think so.

"You look at Arfield jumping in with two feet as well there.

"It was quite a meaty challenge from both players there.

"You look at that and I don't think you can complain about the red card.

"Both players are in serious danger of going for red cards the way they've both went in for that.

"I don't think you have any complaints when you see that back."
Clancy wasn't reffing disappointingly for him.

Super Ally said the same after the game. He said if he had got to the ball first he would have seen red, as he was also going in with feet off the ground and studs showing.

Not the way I saw it.
The replay showed the ref called it correctly no discussion necessary.

Reactions: Gee
ex scum bag that should have seen a few reds and got away with them comments on player with ball jumping out the way of thug. rangers red scum play on its the kung fu way

Sportscene looking for red cards already

CRAIG GORDON reckons Rangers star Scott Arfield could've been sent off after the crunching tackle with Aberdeen defender Andrew Considine.

The Dons stopper was shown a red card for the lunge but Arfield escaped any punishment at Pittodrie, as Gers ran out 1-0 winners.

And Hearts keeper Gordon claims Arfield jumped into the "meaty challenge" with two feet and could've walked.

Speaking on Sportscene, ex-Celtic keeper Gordon said: "No, I don't think so.

"You look at Arfield jumping in with two feet as well there.

"It was quite a meaty challenge from both players there.

"You look at that and I don't think you can complain about the red card.

"Both players are in serious danger of going for red cards the way they've both went in for that.

"I don't think you have any complaints when you see that back."
It’s the press twisting what he said for headlines read the quote... at no time does he say that. He says it was a meaty challenge (and it was ) but he says looking at it it was the correct decision at no time does he say Arfield should be sent off

Kris Boyd said the same thing.

I agree. Arfields feet were off the ground too (although his lunge wasn't as hefty). But no doubt, if he got there first he'd have walked.

I think there probably was intent from Considine whereas Arfield tried to play the ball.

Anyway. Sportscene has been anti-Rangers pish for years but we're trying too hard with this one.
Think this is the fairest assessment I’ve seen.

Between Sky and the season ticket will very rarely have to watch this pish this season. I caught a snatch of Sportscene results, waiting for the FA Cup and that was enough. Still reading out our managers post match statements in a derisive manner ("is there more?" says the chronically unfunny bellend Daryl Currie to a horse faced lady footballer and a fidgety Steven Thomson). It's a fucking joke we're expected to pay for this, it really is.

Kris Boyd said the same thing.

I agree. Arfields feet were off the ground too (although his lunge wasn't as hefty). But no doubt, if he got there first he'd have walked.

I think there probably was intent from Considine whereas Arfield tried to play the ball.

Anyway. Sportscene has been anti-Rangers pish for years but we're trying too hard with this one.

it was a 100% a red card. (I’m not saying you are saying different). But I do have an issue with the way Arfield goes in for the ball at times. I’ve seen it on numerous occasions that he quite often does exactly what he did yesterday. He goes in with two feet. For me, it’s just down to a really poor (at times) tackling technique rather than what Considine did. But he runs a danger at times of mistiming it and being sent off

just my tuppence worth.

Am gonna go against everyone here and say

if VAR was in use ... Arfield might have been in bother , 100% red for Considine but arfield did go into the tackle with both feet off the floor , anyone who can’t see it is just blue tinted specs and the type of folk we rip the pish out of across the city .. a feared instantly Arfield was gonna go when madden ran over

This is factually incorrect - I suggest you watch it again and edit your post

Am gonna go against everyone here and say

if VAR was in use ... Arfield might have been in bother , 100% red for Considine but arfield did go into the tackle with both feet off the floor , anyone who can’t see it is just blue tinted specs and the type of folk we rip the pish out of across the city .. a feared instantly Arfield was gonna go when madden ran over

When I saw the replays, I said the same to my son. He had both feet off the ground.

I thought when it happened arfield was walking also although no where near as bad a challenge as considine

Arfields touch is poor, leading to the need for a challenge.

The difference between the two is that Arfield is going for the ball - and his studs are down at all times, clearly indicating the lack of intent. Considine challenges with a straight leg and full studs showing. Yes, he gets the ball - but it’s reckless and has the potential for serious injury. Straight red all day.

Super Ally said the same after the game. He said if he had got to the ball first he would have seen red, as he was also going in with feet off the ground and studs showing.

Not the way I saw it.
I would agree with Ally. My first instinct was that it was a case of ‘who got there first’. It was Considine so he walked - correct decision, but it still doesn’t mean that, on another day, it could have been Arfield. That’s the way I saw it.

I’ll cut him some slack having watched highlights this morning and if Aberdeen player is 1/2 seconds later and not as high, Arfield is landing both feet on top and it would appear deliberate and would have given the ref a decision to make.

I read the replies on a link that appeared on Facebook with Gordon's comment.
Apparently Gordon is right, but the BBC are biased as they didn't highlight that Kent should have also been red carded for something to do with their goalkeeper and our goal should have been disallowed due to handball against Hagi.
It's all a conspiracy to stop the 10.

You can make quite a few quid on there or have a decent career if you are happy to tell lies/comfortable talking shite about the crucial incidents.... guess theres a position vacant with stewart on tim tv hes taken the pundit stuff to a new level of complete and total yahooery.

Few others in scottish football that could do it though, plenty journos dozens but ex players like say alan thompson, joe miller, tosh mcinkinly, roy aitken ?

I think this will also be the season when ex refs play much more of part in tv football coverage, ex refs that support them obv and will support any officials doing the tims a favour or 2.

His left was on the ground his was up with studs showing but thought he lifted it because saw what was coming.

The reason for this line from the media is simple.

They can't contest the Considine sending off so they try and create controversy around a Rangers player to get the compliance officer looking at it.

The Scottish Media is run by Celtic.

When you slow it right down or look at the still picture, Arfield tries to put his right foot on the ball as as a kind of block tackle and is wiped out.

Clear cut red for the one person who is out of control.

We give this guy training facilities to get his career back on line , his first go at punditry and he stabs us in the back.
Absolute p***k of a man.

Imo players that are currently playing should not be on any panel. Dont care if different league etc just shouldnt happen. But if he has basically said Madden got it wrong then he's bringing the game into disrepute...get CO on to this

Prick knew exactly what he was doing, then had the cheek to protest at being sent off
Did you see the interview with McInnes post match trying to excuse it ? In today's papers he's saying that it is expected that red cards are issued in the first day of the season and goes on to say maybe 10-15 games into the season it's maybe not a red card. FFS We've got Joe Lewis the Aberdeen keeper claiming it was the Rangers bench reaction that got Considine sent off. Lewis then tells us he was a long way from it, aye friggin' almost 100yards !!!

Imo players that are currently playing should not be on any panel. Dont care if different league etc just shouldnt happen. But if he has basically said Madden got it wrong then he's bringing the game into disrepute...get CO on to this
I agree, will he be asked his opinion if Hearts are involved ? BBC Scotland trying to polish the turd that is Sportscene by bring in more "pundits".

Back