Craig Gordon claiming for handball?

The most ridiculous Player of the Year award I’ve ever seen. Craig yer a f*****n dud and I’m embarrassed that you used our facilities for your rehabilitation.

Noticed Hearts players doing it quite often today with throw ins, even when it was clear that the last touch came from them.

Knowing Robbie Neilson, I think it is fair to say that the players are told to claim for everything, just to sow that seed of doubt into a referee’s mind when it comes to legitimate 50/50 calls. To be fair, I think most players are told to do this. Getting that one minor call in your favour, or acting as if the decision is yours as a given, can win you a game. As happened with a throw in during the 1989 Cup Final for them.

Still made a tit of himself though, given that there was no suggestion of handball whatsoever, and the fact he didn’t really make much of an attempt at saving Jack’s shot.

It felt to me like he was so bewildered that Jack had beaten him with a shot that was more or less straight down the middle that he instinctively claimed for some imaginary infringement in an attempt to spare his blushes.

One of the Hearts players had grabbed Joe by the wrist as he went up for the initial cross. Joe broke away from it but it was enough to prevent him jumping enough.
I think that is what he is claiming for. That somehow Joe fouled the Hearts player.

What happened with Aribo at the goal? He wasn't away celebrating with the players, he was over towards the linesman?

Joe was fouled. Might even have been enough for the second penalty that Joe should have had.
I imagine he was fed up with not getting them.

Noticed Hearts players doing it quite often today with throw ins, even when it was clear that the last touch came from them.

Knowing Robbie Neilson, I think it is fair to say that the players are told to claim for everything, just to sow that seed of doubt into a referee’s mind when it comes to legitimate 50/50 calls. To be fair, I think most players are told to do this. Getting that one minor call in your favour, or acting as if the decision is yours as a given, can win you a game. As happened with a throw in during the 1989 Cup Final for them.

Still made a tit of himself though, given that there was no suggestion of handball whatsoever, and the fact he didn’t really make much of an attempt at saving Jack’s shot.

Anyone that sits near the dugouts at Ibrox will testify that Neilson, not only tells his players to claim for everything but, he actively does it himself. He is in the 4th official/AR's ear literally from the first whistle, stomping about like a petulant child at the slightest little thing.

He ran over the the linesman early in the 1st half moaning ref says nothing

Arfield/Goldson/Tav do it & Collum is giving them a talking to.

He also ran over to get Tav booked when Collum gave Hearts a freekick for MacKay kicking Tav's boot. Guy is a prick.

Gordon always sticks his hand up to claim something to the linesman / ref whenever someone scores into him.

If ye can be arsed try find clips from his time at the filth. Constantly claiming nonsense whenever he conceded a goal.
A half arsed claim and you'd be forgiven for chancing it, as you say it happens all the time.
A hand up and a look at the linesman is pretty much expected whenever someone scores.

It was probably more the bulging eye, foaming at the mouth charging about rage as if he'd genuinely been the victim of wrongdoing that has people wondering what the fùck he thinks he saw.

Back