Craig Halkett.

One of our big failures was not using enough younsters when we were shafted into the bottom league. Crap like faure cribari kyle and the likes were signed and played ahead of our own kids. As for halkett he was superb today and was solid when they beat thistle in the play offs to get to the SPFL. Good luck to the lad

Well done to the lad.
I thought he was tremendous today and probably matched Morelos for strength as well as anyone has in this league.
What was he like in our youth sides?

I thought we would have held on to the boy, as with the proper coaching he would have turned out to be a very good central defender, as he was tough and appeared to like a tackle.
I think he would be a player to keep an eye on for the future, as he's a no nonsense type centre half.

We did try Hegarty and Perry, to name two.
This idea that we seeme to have that we should have played the kids and that they’d have got us there quicker, is a bit of a falicy in all honesty.
Tell me, how well have our youth teams done, or anybody else’s, when they’ve been pitched against senior sides in the league cup?
It's just a stick to beat McCoist with, usually from people who still just won't admit they got it badly wrong with Charlie Telfer.
Our Under 20s have gone out of the challenge cup at the first hurdle in both seasons they've played in it.
This season against Falkirk, who had lost every other game they played.
Last season, against Dumbarton, who are a part time club.

It's just a stick to beat McCoist with, usually from people who still just won't admit they got it badly wrong with Charlie Telfer.
Our Under 20s have gone out of the challenge cup at the first hurdle in both seasons they've played in it.
This season against Falkirk, who had lost every other game they played.
Last season, against Dumbarton, who are a part time club.

I think we should have mixed a few boys in the ones we did Robbie Crawford for example weren’t good enough however many of the signings were worse. Also a certain Andy Robertson was at Queens Park played against us and was a stand out yet we never made an attempt (I know what he is but amateur football or signs contract at Rangers). Our scouting then was rotten even when the player was right there.

Can remember Halkett being highly rated as a youngster. Fair play to him for going elsewhere and making it.

Liam Kelly also very unlucky not to make it with us. The club have obviously made the decision they see Robby McCrorie as the future number 1 ahead of him.
Halkett was rated more by those who knew the youth set up.
For the most part though, it was Gasporatto that the support were demanding got a chance.

He wasn't playing for Rangers today.

I’m aware of that funnily enough

However the way he was acting made him look like a supporter of the bheasts

Never seen Kelly mouthing off at any of our players.

Lafferty last season against us never done it either.

I could go on and on tbh

As others have indicated I remember Halkett being a highly rated young player at our club. Just why he didn’t seem to be given a chance to progress with us I don’t know; it could simply be that a poor decision was made to move him on.

Halkett played well yesterday and probably merited his MotM award. He was highly rated when Jimmy Sinclair was in charge but having watched him a couple of times, I thought that he was pretty slow on the turn. That said, that was a few years back and he's obviously improved with playing games.

We played into their hands yesterday. Morelos couldn't drop off and always wanted to back in to their centre halves. Getting no change out of them, he eventually went out to hug the touchline to try to get a touch on the ball.

Food for thought for Stevie.

Last edited:
He was man of the match when we beat Hearts u/21s on pens. This was a Scottish cup final played at, St Middens park. Craig and Calum Patterson were the 2 star men that day

I’m aware of that funnily enough

However the way he was acting made him look like a supporter of the bheasts

Never seen Kelly mouthing off at any of our players.

Lafferty last season against us never done it either.

I could go on and on tbh

Hes as Rangers daft as it gets and will be reading this pishing himself

Can't see him being at Livingston for long.

Could see Hearts trying to get him in January if Berra is still out by then.

Halkett was rated more by those who knew the youth set up.
For the most part though, it was Gasporatto that the support were demanding got a chance.

I genuinely thought Halkett was the one player who would make it into our first team, though Gasparotto wasn't far behind in my view.
I'm not surprised to see him doing well now, the same way as I'm not surprised that Charlie Telfer wasn't the second coming of Messi.

We should monitor the lads progress

He was immense yesterday even looked very good on the ball

Hes as Rangers daft as it gets and will be reading this pishing himself

Good for him

It doesn’t make what I said untrue

A strange way for a so called bear to behave.

He could maybe have taken a leaf out of his team mate Kelly’s book by not acting like a bheast.

Perhaps still got a chip on his shoulder that he wasn’t good enough to get a sniff with our first team

Good to at least know we have players coming through at Rangers that are going on to play at a decent enough level i suppose. Kelly in goals in particular seems to be geeting very good reviews this year.

I genuinely thought Halkett was the one player who would make it into our first team, though Gasparotto wasn't far behind in my view.
I'm not surprised to see him doing well now, the same way as I'm not surprised that Charlie Telfer wasn't the second coming of Messi.
I thought Halkett was more impressive.
Im sure the coaches at the club thought so.
Gasporatto was the flavour of the minute, nobody gets a month, on here though.
My bigger point stands though, the kids, to paraphrase a great player, wouldnt have won us what we needed to win.

Good for him

He could maybe have taken a leaf out of his team mate Kelly’s book by not acting like a bheast.

Perhaps still got a chip on his shoulder that he wasn’t good enough to get a sniff with our first team

Did he steal your burd as he's really got to you?

I don't remember him doing anything OTT yesterday as it was Gallagher who was acting the big man most of the time. Even we he scored against us the last time they won 1-0 he never really celebrated the goal as he even said it was a very muted celebration.

Who pays his wages now - so he basically owes us nothing. He is playing for his own future in the game.

When he left us he was considering giving up full time football and concentrating on academics which shows you he is a very level headed guy. He was let down under McCoist and never given the chance IMO he deserved.

He's a good kirkie lad and a massive bluenose like the rest of his family.

I thought Halkett was more impressive.
Im sure the coaches at the club thought so.
Gasporatto was the flavour of the minute, nobody gets a month, on here though.
My bigger point stands though, the kids, to paraphrase a great player, wouldnt have won us what we needed to win.
I totally agree with your point.
The u20s of that time simply weren't good enough. We always hear that there must have been someone better than Kyle, Black or Cribari but that simply wasn't the case.
They weren't even winning games at Under 20 level, it would have been madness to throw them in to the first team.

Gasparatto was likely the preferred option on here because of his name.
The clamour for him to be given game time when Halkett wasn't even being mentioned was bizarre to say the least, even more so when there were regularly less than 100 people at the u20s games.

I see McCoist being given a lot of stick in here for not giving him a chance when the lad himself said it was Warburtons decision to let him go.

Good for him

He's a Livingston player. He's going to celebrate a win against a much bigger side.

Had a fantastic game,keeps that level of performance up and bigger things will follow for the boy.

Did he steal your burd as he's really got to you?

I don't remember him doing anything OTT yesterday as it was Gallagher who was acting the big man most of the time. Even we he scored against us the last time they won 1-0 he never really celebrated the goal as he even said it was a very muted celebration.

Who pays his wages now - so he basically owes us nothing. He is playing for his own future in the game.

When he left us he was considering giving up full time football and concentrating on academics which shows you he is a very level headed guy. He was let down under McCoist and never given the chance IMO he deserved.

He's a good kirkie lad and a massive bluenose like the rest of his family.

He hasn’t got to me at all. He’s a no mark at a diddy club.

My point was those claiming he was a massive bear yet several times was mouthing off at Morelos off the ball.

Hence my post saying he was acting like a bheast

Seems that has hit a nerve with a few that must know him on here

My point was those claiming he was a massive bear yet several times was mouthing off at Morelos off the ball.

So he’s not to mouth off at Morelos if he’s a bear ? Are you really really serious sir

Lol brilliant a no mark at a diddy club. The same no mark was man of the match for a diddy club that beat us.

The same diddy club that's above us in the league and he's contributed towards the eight clean sheets this season.

As I said I can't remember any massive over reaction towards Morelos from him - clearly there was from Gallagher. At the end he was shaking hands with all our squad.

Lol brilliant a no mark at a diddy club. The same no mark was man of the match for a diddy club that beat us.

The same diddy club that's above us in the league and he's contributed towards the eight clean sheets this season.

As I said I can't remember any massive over reaction towards Morelos from him - clearly there was from Gallagher. At the end he was shaking hands with all our squad.

I can only assume you know him therefore I’m not going to waste any more time on him.

If I didn’t know any better I’d have said he was a bheast for the way he was acting. Never seen Lafferty last season or even Kelly yesterday acting like that

But yes, Livi are a diddy club that won’t be anywhere near the top 6 come next summer

One of our big failures was not using enough younsters when we were shafted into the bottom league. Crap like faure cribari kyle and the likes were signed and played ahead of our own kids. As for halkett he was superb today and was solid when they beat thistle in the play offs to get to the SPFL. Good luck to the lad

I seem to recall us using plenty of them. None of the better rated young players have went onto anything bar Mcleod. Ross Perry, Murdoch, Robbie Crawford, Fraser Aird all got loads game time off top my head

He was man of the match when we beat Hearts u/21s on pens. This was a Scottish cup final played at, St Middens park. Craig and Calum Patterson were the 2 star men that day

Above is Not my post, however.

That's my dog in the Avatar and I've had 22ndBB (Partick) as my moniker for about 20 years on FF etc.

Hmmm !!

The lad was very impressive and I have a wee sneaky feeling we may also come to rue not promoting Kelly to no. 2 when he was with us.
Promoting him to no2 would have been useless. The boy has to play every week so that he can develop. You can't do that sitting on the bench.

Mibbees he'll dae us all a favour and kick fuuk outta the gloating criminal fuuker gallagher that plays with him.

Back