Craig Moore. Underrated?

I don't think under rated more like he had limited ability. He never let Walter down when asked to do the holding midfield role against them.

His challenge was to change the opinion of fans from his first stint at the club when he was very much a utility player. Once he settled in on his return he was exceptional.

Under Smith he very rarely played at centre half but it was only when Advocatt brought him back from Crystal Palace that he showed his true quality. He is a good solid player and was hard as nails.

Him and Amoruso were fantastic together, unfortunately in his last season he was tasked with carrying Henning Berg or Zurab Khizanishvili through games without the same success.

Under Smith he very rarely played at centre half but it was only when Advocatt brought him back from Crystal Palace that he showed his true quality. He is a good solid player and was hard as nails.
On his return to the club and playing as a centre half, his natural position, he was very reliable and as you say absolutely hard as nails. I'd say underrated definitely.

Skippy.... one of my favourites. Absolutely dependable as a defender. Capable of taking the fight to the opponent as well (John Brown was my the man... Ian Ferguson ethos). The Olympics thing will split the crowd at the time but i still understand his call there.

Reactions: TN8
100% I think his first spell and the Olympics thing tarnishes what a player he was for us. Back in the days of 2 up front he always took the danger man.

He came back to us from Crystal Palace a far better player than before he went. I don't know if that was down to the coaching he got at Palace but something definitely changed.

Back