Craig Moore. Underrated?

We was a magic centre half for Rangers - did his time at fullback and midfield and then had a settled period in the centre of defence along side Amoruso and Rangers did well during it.

That episode with the Olympics was a great shame - it really soured what should have been a revered Rangers career.

I’ve got to admit I’ve been critical of some of our players in the past who have gone on to prove me wrong. Craig Moore was such a player. At full back I thought he was bloody awful then when he moved to centre back he became a different player. What I’d give to have him there now. Hard as nails too, very good in the air and no slouch.

He wasn't slow either, we could do with him right now he loved to win, had great leadership qualities and had a bit of skill too, met him in Melbourne recently at the convention. :))

He came back from palace a far better player, he was always brilliant in the battle of an old firm game.

think the first game I saw him was at r/b and as a rb in my playing days (poorly I might add )I gushed about his performance till we got home on sunday night . told my mate that he will be some c/h when he gets his chance and didn't disappoint in any way. good strong solid defender who did his job well and could do with one the same atm

Not under rated, very dependable and solid.
Met him and his wife at ORSA in Melbourne and he a true gentleman, thought highly of the fans and the club.

I might be making this up but I am sure I watched aussie highlights years ago and moore was playing so my interest levels increased

He then absolutely hammered a boy with an elbow a real dirty bastard one only reason I say it might be made up is i remember thinking it was quite cowardly as it was so bad so maybe it was that fucking nutter Muscat!

Always thought he was quite a tough player was not scared of anyone he was against and could put in the hard tackle when needed. The kind of player we have missed the last few years when the defense seem scared of attackers you need someone like Craig to let them know they are not in for a easy game.

Always liked him , nothing flashy but always solid. Also , i always remember him getting what looked like a really bad neck injury, the way he landed on his neck looked terrible , he got took off but sure he was fine not long after. I’ve described this to mates and family and nobody else can remember it. Anybody know what I’m talking about ? Possibly a European game.

Last edited:
Always liked him , nothing flashy but always solid. Also , i always remember him getting what looked like a really bad neck injury, the way he landed on his neck looked terrible , he got took off but sure he was fine not long after. I’ve described this to mates and family and nobody else can remember it. Anybody know what I’m talking about ? Possibly a European game.
Was Moscow Dynamo at Ibrox mate

I was a big fan of his, especially his 2nd stint. It was a poor call for the Olympics, certainly from a supporters point of view but that wouldn't ruin my memories of Moore being a very good player for us. Loved a challenge as well.

Don’t think he was underrated, developed into a good solid centre half after a difficult start to his Rangers career...

Listened to his podcast with Si ferry the other day comes across a right decent guy ..always liked skippy you could tell he loved it at us .

Nothing flashy, just solid and dependable. I agree with the poster regarding Crystal Palace, his game transformed when he came back.

Listened to the radio yesterday Neil McCann voted Moore in his Rangers 11
Also said Moore was as hard as nails and if required had a nasty streak in him and wasn't afraid to use it if he had too.
I always thought of him as a good player.

Just a big, solid center-back. His timing was impeccable.

I wouldn't call him a hard man in the true sense, but he wouldn't be shoved around.

A fantastic centre half. I rated him higher than big Lorenzo.

Somebody always takes it too far.

But yes, Moore was very underrated, a brilliant centre back. I believe Larsson said he was his toughest opponent in his time here.

In his second spell with us he was a reliable 7 or 8 out of 10 every week. Big Amo could be a 9 but could also be a 3. Depends what you want in a defender. Would have both of them right now.

Moore was quite a good defender, solid and reliable and always did well for us but his exit was disappointing I'm sure he bailed out during a European qualifier to go play for Australia or something ?

Moore was quite a good defender, solid and reliable and always did well for us but his exit was disappointing I'm sure he bailed out during a European qualifier to go play for Australia or something ?

He was our Club Captain at the time, and walked out on the team whilst we were taking part in Champions League qualifiers to play in an Under 23 tournament at the Olympics.

He was played out of position at right back and proved his worth when paired with Amo as a centre back.

A strong tackler and the phrase Thou shalt not pass always came to mind when watching him defend.

He was a great player. Think he’s maybe not looked back on as favourably as he should be because of the way it ended.

C’mon tae feck, man.
You jest, you’re fishing.
Got to be.
He's 100% correct in my view, Lorenzo was more flamboyant but made a hell of a lot of howlers, can't remember Moore letting us down on the pitch and was a solid performer for us.

Back