Craig Moore.

I remember the stick he got on his first spell when he first came through, to be fair it probably didn’t help Walter stuck him out at RB at times and he looked far from comfortable.

Was surprised how good he went on to be when Advocaat signed him. Was a rock for us for a few seasons.

Was surprised how good he went on to be when Advocaat signed him. Was a rock for us for a few seasons.

I always remember him as an absolute rock, I don’t really remember him ever being poor but he does get some stick for leaving

Amoruso owes a lot to Moore.

Amo was at his best with Moore beside him. Moore bailed him out a fair few times when Amo had the rush of blood moments he was prone to.

Just watched Open Goal presented by Si Ferry and the big man is his guest.

A brilliant watch and his love for our club shines through.
Always liked getting obscure names on the back of away jerseys.

Beasley on the dark blue carling
Durie on a white mcewans from the 90s
Craig Moore 3 on the back of NTL away red white and blue

Great defender and a real legend.

The same guy who when signed for Crystal Palace said that they were a bigger team than Rangers. Think I will give it a miss.

Didn’t know he had said this. I knew though he went with Australia to the Olympics during the season which left a sour taste in the mouth

The other Aussie Tony vidmar played at the same time. Will always remember that goal he scored against Parma in 1998 one of the loudest atmospheres I’ve experienced at Ibrox

I always remember him as an absolute rock, I don’t really remember him ever being poor but he does get some stick for leaving

I remember he played back in the season the filth were rebuilding their sty in a 3-0 defeat to them at hampden. Scored an own goal and looked very vulnerable the entire match. He was the whipping boy for a while with some of our support at the time.

Smith sometimes played him in midfield when he was young and used him as a utility player at times. He formed a brilliant partnership with Amo and both were absolutely solid and such a threat in the attacking sense.
Did seem to go horribly wrong at the time of the Olympics mind..

I remember the stick he got on his first spell when he first came through, to be fair it probably didn’t help Walter stuck him out at RB at times and he looked far from comfortable.

I remember Walter also trying Moore in midfield on more than a few occasions as well

I met him years ago in the old Edmiston club as a young 19 year old lad.

Even then he acted like a total professional who realised he was representing a massive club.
He was a credit to himself and his family.

Always felt he was a bit under rated and someone who never fully endeared himself to the fans. Met him at Hamilton races once and did seem like a nice bloke.

Put the Australian Olympic team ahead of Rangers.
I lost every bit of respect I had for him on account of this.

An important champions league qualifier and he opted to play in an under 23's tournament as an over age pick.
His partner in defence couldn't get a game for Partick thistle and the tournament was held in such high regard they struggled to reach 4 figure attendances.

Count me out of the love in.

Excellent player. Takes alot for a player to come back so strong because, let's be honest, he got some amount of criticism when he first got into the team.

Good defender when played in the centre and had a nasty streak in him as well as Larsson will remember. As mentioned, whipping boy when Walter played him at RB.

I remember he played back in the season the filth were rebuilding their sty in a 3-0 defeat to them at hampden. Scored an own goal and looked very vulnerable the entire match. He was the whipping boy for a while with some of our support at the time.

We had won the league by that game, it was played as a kick about by Rangers. It was a shocking performance
The bheasts couldn’t even sell out their allocation at Hampden and there were large pockets of seats everywhere

Always remember him going right through Larsson. Was one of those players that seemed like a squad filler under Smith but Advocaat brought out the best in him and played him in his right position. Was strange how he had went to palace then came back, what was the deal there?

My abiding memory of him will always be that header he scored against them in a 3-2 win at Ibrox.

I lost every bit of respect I had for him on account of this.

An important champions league qualifier and he opted to play in an under 23's tournament as an over age pick.
His partner in defence couldn't get a game for Partick thistle and the tournament was held in such high regard they struggled to reach 4 figure attendances.

Count me out of the love in.

That's simplifying it a hell of alot though.

The Olympics might mean very little to us but it means alot to Australians.

He'll be one of the Guest at NARSA 2020 in San Francisco. Looking forward to some of his stories.

I liked him as a defender.

Some sour notes, he did bugger off for the Olympics and was quoted saying if we difnt start signing players he wanted away.

That tackle tho, they hated him and that for me will always be lovely.

Advocaat didn't sign him, Palace defaulted on their payments so we repossessed him.

Can't Pay, We'll Take Him Away.

That's simplifying it a hell of alot though.

The Olympics might mean very little to us but it means alot to Australians.
It isn’t really.
It was an under 23 tournament played in front of two men and a dug and like I’ve said, his partner in defence flopped at Partick thistle.
Tell me that is worth losing the Rangers captaincy over.

Nope, nobody will convince me I’m over simplifying it.

Listened to him on another podcast and was great, had his son with him who he’s brought up the right way!

How much did he have to do with Muscat signing / was he any good? Bit before my time.

Moore had an inconsistent Rangers career. Terrible under Smith in a variety of positions.
Good under Advocaat for 2 seasons but was always a weaker link in that team and ultimately Advocaat brought in Konterman cos he thought Bert was better!!
Can’t remember if he was injured or what but had a resurgence under McLeish and was good again in the 02/03 season.
After that there was the Olympics thing and he just faded away.
3 good seasons out of 8 or 9.
Decent enough player but never a legend or a top player either.
As for those saying he made Amo look good etc, have a word with yourself. Moore was a supporting role and did ok. Amo for the most part took on O’Neill’s punt header mob himself.
Amo would be considered amongst the best centre backs we’ve had in the last 40 years. Moore would be nowhere near it.

Amoruso owes a lot to Moore.

Amo was at his best with Moore beside him. Moore bailed him out a fair few times when Amo had the rush of blood moments he was prone to.
I believe you will find it's the other way around. Amoruso was a monster of a player for us and Moore complimented the centre half positions with him. Once Amoruso had left Moore was repeatedly shown up. Although when he went through the Martian and fucked him into the ad boards it was a glorious moment.

I remember him having a howler in a game early in Advocaats reign and the wee man hooked him after about 20 mins into the game, big Moore never looked back after that and went on to be a rock for us

Can always remember his tackle on Larsson where he fired him almost into the stand. Glorious.

always felt the big man was underrated, thought he was a great defender for us and liked to get tore in to his tackles

Back