Craig Moore.

When I think of him I remember him missing the CL qualifiers to play in the olympics and yet someone on this thread has referred to him as a legend. He is certainly not that.

The same guy who when signed for Crystal Palace said that they were a bigger team than Rangers. Think I will give it a miss.
I remember that remark well,very strange thing to say as it's obviously a load of rubbish....playing to the gallery perhaps?.
Thought he was a great player for us and like others have said,it's a shame the way his Rangers career ended.
Won't stop me from giving it a listen though.

Moore had an inconsistent Rangers career. Terrible under Smith in a variety of positions.
Good under Advocaat for 2 seasons but was always a weaker link in that team and ultimately Advocaat brought in Konterman cos he thought Bert was better!!
Can’t remember if he was injured or what but had a resurgence under McLeish and was good again in the 02/03 season.
After that there was the Olympics thing and he just faded away.
3 good seasons out of 8 or 9.
Decent enough player but never a legend or a top player either.
As for those saying he made Amo look good etc, have a word with yourself. Moore was a supporting role and did ok. Amo for the most part took on O’Neill’s punt header mob himself.
Amo would be considered amongst the best centre backs we’ve had in the last 40 years. Moore would be nowhere near it.
A fair assement IMO.

I’ll watch this later on, I know they get some stick on here but I don’t mind the open goal interviews to pass an hour or so.

Remember him playing some
Champions league games at right wing back under Walter. Think it was during the 3 foreigner rule. He was terrible there. But once moved to his natural position was a very good player for us.

Not a legend, but Moore and Amoruso was a great central defence. Remember some crunching tackles against the Tims

Always remember him going right through Larsson. Was one of those players that seemed like a squad filler under Smith but Advocaat brought out the best in him and played him in his right position. Was strange how he had went to palace then came back, what was the deal there?

wasn't there some issue that Palace couldn't pay the transfer fee so we essential got him back for nothing?

Thought he was good at Rangers from what I remember, had a great partner in Amoruso right enough

I was at a sportsman's dinner years ago - still trying to remember the name of the ex-ref - he said Craig Moore was the dirtiest, slyest player he'd ever seen. Or not seen as it turned out. The off the ball stuff was incessant but trying to catch him in the act was nigh on impossible.

Moore had an inconsistent Rangers career. Terrible under Smith in a variety of positions.
Good under Advocaat for 2 seasons but was always a weaker link in that team and ultimately Advocaat brought in Konterman cos he thought Bert was better!!
Can’t remember if he was injured or what but had a resurgence under McLeish and was good again in the 02/03 season.
After that there was the Olympics thing and he just faded away.
3 good seasons out of 8 or 9.
Decent enough player but never a legend or a top player either.
As for those saying he made Amo look good etc, have a word with yourself. Moore was a supporting role and did ok. Amo for the most part took on O’Neill’s punt header mob himself.
Amo would be considered amongst the best centre backs we’ve had in the last 40 years. Moore would be nowhere near it.
Well for a start Advocaat signed Konterman to replace Amoruso not Moore.

Let’s not forget that he publicly questioned/criticised his manager. Couple that with his Olympic stunt and his arse didn’t touch the deck too long after.

Overall he did well for us but abandoning us to play in the Olympics was a big let down. All in all though he gets a pass mark!

Most players would choose to represent their country at the Olympics - that is a huge honour also.
The timing of the Olympics was the issue, not his decision to go.

To be fair even more unforgivable (sorry pun not intended) was big Eck putting him straight back in the team when he returned and Moore stuffing up for the Russians goal

Remember him being reliable and not afraid to get stuck in.
That being said I didn’t mind big Amo and Hendry. I can’t remember why he was dropped. Seemed to be an expensive signing for Advocaat’s first season.

Most players would choose to represent their country at the Olympics - that is a huge honour also.
The timing of the Olympics was the issue, not his decision to go.
Ultimately, he, not the Olympic schedulers nor the Australian Olympic selectors, decided to choose the Olympic Games with Australia over the Champions League with Rangers.

I was a Moore fan, but the Rangers Captain walking out on the squad during CL qualifiers to play in an Under 23 tournament was unforgivable.

Remember him being reliable and not afraid to get stuck in.
That being said I didn’t mind big Amo and Hendry. I can’t remember why he was dropped. Seemed to be an expensive signing for Advocaat’s first season.
I think there was a feeling at the time that Hendry was a Murray signing.
It was amongst the first times I experienced the Scottish press trying to influence our team selection.
They wanted the Scotland captain to be first pick.
Advocaat was not going to be dictated to.
I can’t reme all the detail here but, it must have been Amoruso and Moore in possession of the shirts because, much to the annoyance of the Chic Young’s of the world, Hendry couldn’t force his way back into the team.
Advocaat made a point that these guys had done nothing wrong.
Amoruso missed a game or two.
Cue the press demanding the centre backs remain unchanged.
Advocaat was asked if Amoruso will be playing next game and answered “yes, he’ll be back”.
Advocaat did like annoying the press like this.

Was a really good solid player for us,tarnished his rangers career with the Olympic games fiasco

Interesting what he says about Murray, "he had big control over the media, big control, especially the papers."
Shows you how its turned full circle and the media dance to Japan mans orders.

Well for a start Advocaat signed Konterman to replace Amoruso not Moore.
For a start?

I think you might be right, but then why did Amo play every week and Moore never?
Genuine question that. Was Moore injured?
I don’t actually remember a Konterman- Moore partnership but the thought of that would give me the absolute fear!

A
I remember him having a howler in a game early in Advocaats reign and the wee man hooked him after about 20 mins into the game, big Moore never looked back after that and went on to be a rock for us
He was sold to Crystal Palace after that and came back a better player.

Didnt he get thrown out from Möchengladbach squad because he arrived to training still pissed? Think Advocaat signed him there.

Back