Craig Samson retires

Only 34, young for a goalkeeper. Strange decision in my opinion especially when being first choice at St Mirren

Footage of the reason he retired. Tying to make saves versus Rangers...
giphy.gif

I'm no fan of St boo, but it seems a bit shite leaving them in the middle of the season, surely he could have waited until January and allowed them time to get a replacement?

To be fair to the player, he’s probably jumped before the club sack their second incompetent clown, er manager, of the season and replace him with another inconsequential, barely there no-mark.

I'm no fan of St boo, but it seems a bit shite leaving them in the middle of the season, surely he could have waited until January and allowed them time to get a replacement?

They have a replacement they say, plus he will be on lower wages.

Good. The long finger nailed, smelly ginger tosser has been hanging around the Scottish game for decades stinking the place out

Seems like a good career move, and he’s been sensible getting his coaching badges in early.

Good luck him.

Doesn't affect us.

I would like to see McCrorie going there until the end of the season to hopefully get some game time.

I would like to see McCrorie going there until the end of the season to hopefully get some game time.
That's a very good idea Mark Allen should be right in the phone offering him up. Plus he'd be playing for s club where he's going to be really busy as they are fighting for there lives right now would do him the world of good

Strange in terms of timing, but if he's looking at it from a long-term perspective then it makes perfect sense.

Ross is coasting League One with Sunderland at the moment and they have both the resources and a disproportionately good number of quality talents coming through their Elite Academy to be competitive for the next few seasons in the Championship.

He will have a job there for far longer than sitting around and hoping that St.Boo offer him an extension at the end of the season.

No brainer move, next chapter of your career making more money or sit at st mirren for a few more years and possibly miss out on the opportunity to coach at a masssive club.

The reason he has gone abruptly is that Sunderland coach has left for another club. Compensation is, wait for it, a friendly against Sunderland.

Will be a miss as a not a bad keeper and good penalty stopper.

Back