Craig Whyte - interesting anecdote re his portrait removal from Ibrox

Dave King felt Craig Whyte was part of our history, and his portrait should remain as a result. I can see his point of view, but I'd rather Whyte's picture was taken down too. It's a blight on the wall where it hangs.
It was Johnston who asked it to be removed.

When we get one of him wearing one of those bright orange prison overalls when he is behind bars we can stick that up.

We shouldn't airbrush our history - lest we forget and all that. Perhaps a cruel caricature with big buck teeth would be a reasonable compromise?

He should be painted in the image of a rat scurrying into a hole in the skirting, same with somers & any other chancers from that era.

Going slightly off topic, the last time I did the stadium tour, the last managers portrait we had in the blue room was Le Guen, has this been updated?

It’s a warning from history to future generations.
To quote George Santayana and Winston Churchill "those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it"

As per the recent headlines regarding Whyte he has no intention of doing the former and will remain a conman and shyster.

Brought in Souness and financed the club deck as well. :rolleyes:

It's actually Frightening how many middle aged Bears believe the Murray stuff. Drunk on success and some cannot see the charlatan he was.
I know what he was I also know Davie Holmes started the Souness era

Controversial.
But i would keep it up. But change the alignment or make it stand out. Cheap frame etc.

That then gives the anecdote and reminder of the bad times.

Unlike the bheasts we don't sweep our rubbish under the carpet.

It happened and its history so it should be there.

As part of our history I would hang a picture of Whyte with his head bowed down to show how he failed our club and future generations will be reminded every time they see it what we endured in those dark days and how those who fought for our club won the battle to return us to the club we are.

Difficult one this, he fucked us up in the end but also made 9IR possible , made it possible for me to see the likes of Gaza & laudrup grace Scottish football in our colours. It all went sour and he will be remembered as bad guy but for reasons above personally I'd keep him up there

he gave the impression he was bankrolling our success but at the end it was our money he was using , not his .

remember Club 2000 and the double dunt for season ticket money or the fact he made anice earner from steel supplied to extend Ibrox that fans paid for ?

he stated Ibrox would hold 59,000 when fully completed , yet over £30 million later we are only 7000 seats better off when Murraygot here .

the club are under a full scale media attack because Murray refused to address press issued in the 90s to the extend the media are not frightened to have a go .

Murray raised his profile and bank balance due to his association with us and rewarded the fans by selling to a spiv who nearly buried the club for good .

he’s not better than Whyte , green , sommers , easedales and the rest of the rat faced f.ucks we have had to endure over the years .

prick

I believe we should name a urinal in Craig Whytes honour, supporters can pay their respects to him accordingly... we could add Llambias, Ashley, Green, Easdales etc too.

Put his picture back up with a huge red X across it.
Never forget, never forgive.
You must remember and acknowledge your past mistakes or you are liable to repeat them.

Last edited:
Nah.

I get what you are saying but Whyte was a crook and should be whitewashed from our history.

I have no problem with good men with best intentions being portrayed within our walls and our history, even if their stay was short and without success, Paul Le Guen for example who is in the managers mural in the Blue Room.

Caixinha should be in there as well

Whyte can fuk off.
No he should not be white washed from our history and should be there as a reminder with an article all his wrong doings! Maybe his pic should be on the urinals instead of the wall?

They should've left Whyte's photo where it was, just turned around so the picture faced the wall and a blank panel faced out into the corridor

Back