Craigan

He's an utter fanny. I'm not a huge fan of Alex Rae but I did enjoy his professional mask slipping such was how exasperated he was with Craigan's usual onslaught of platitudinous bollocks.

"You need more for Ryan Kent at this stage."
"He's dead on his feet, mate."

You can tell he was rattled by it as well given how he brought up the fact that Gio agrees with him or something 5 minutes later.

Hes obviously told to behave that way as most of the others are ex-Rangers players so he gives the viewers that dislike the club a different view on whats happening out there. Nothing knew in the media theses loads that do it and it can be quite an easy way to make a career for yourself and earn plenty of £££.

I'm sure the guy gets paid by the word. Never heard so much waffle in my puff from a co-com.

I spent the whole game asking myself, 'did he get all this top class Knowledge when he was at Partic Thistle or Motherwell?' The same kind of comment can be asked of The failed Trialist. The only serial winner on show for the media last night was Coisty.

As soon as his co-commentators said something positive, he had to counter with something negative. Something to be wary about, something bad. Something we were doing wrong.

Wearying listening to him.

Absolutely bizarre that somebody who is so negative about a product being sold to customers is given a platform by the company seeking that product. I've been thinking of subscribing to bt but to be honest couldn't put up with listening to him. Hopefully he doesn't transfer over when it's sold.

He talks utter shite generally but last night he was particularly tiresome.

Everything is negative from him and even when he's being negative, he's getting it wrong.

An utter plum

Four of us watched the game together last night including my wife who hardly ever watches the games and even she was saying how much of a negative arsehole he was.

Thing is, we knew exactly what we were going to get from him. I'm not expecting full on cheerleader stuff but Craigan really has been a colossal lady's front bottom when commentating on us.

He's an utter fanny. I'm not a huge fan of Alex Rae but I did enjoy his professional mask slipping such was how exasperated he was with Craigan's usual onslaught of platitudinous bollocks.

"You need more for Ryan Kent at this stage."
"He's dead on his feet, mate."

You can tell he was rattled by it as well given how he brought up the fact that Gio agrees with him or something 5 minutes later.
Forgot that, I did laugh despite the tension!

Craigan detracted from what should have been a superb production from BT. The commentary from Hamilton was excellent and you would think that BT would employ someone to bring a bit of insight on the game instead of a complete clown who offers nothing except the obvious. Rae wasn’t much better with his one dimensional analysis.

Everything he says is born from negativity, I suppose that is a result of your career zenith is being a Motherwell defender. We shouldn't hate him, we should pity him.

He ruins any enjoyment you have for football. You get to the stage where you're waiting for his next mouthful of in-depth analysis-sh1t instead of watching the game.

Feck knows why BT and Sky persist with these kind of fkrs.

Oh how I long for just a commentator, commentating, no more, no less.

After every Euro game this season, win lose or draw there is a negative thread about Craigan.

It always centre on 2 issues - his anti-Rangers diatribe and his constant talking as if he is the doyen of European football.

I don’t know how BT monitor the success or otherwise of their pundit choices but they surely can offer someone better than him

Him and Alex Rae totally spoiled the match with their negativity. From the first minute they were on the back foot criticising the players at every opportunity. It was more about their misinformed opinion rather than making the final the occasion it should have been. Even my Mrs who has no reason to make any judgment said that’s pathetic. She knew nothing about their background but said they really hate the Rangers. Who are they ?

My Mrs (no pics) was in the kitchen most of the night which is adjacent to our living room and well into the second half she came through, sat beside me and within 2 mins asked who that was who was talking. When I told her who it was she said (a) who’s he? and (b) he talks some amount of shite.

I never used to mind Stephen Craigan. But the last year or two, his commentary gets on my nerves.

Tries to coach people through the game with his commentary rather than just commentate on what’s happening.

Also very consistently negative about the same players.

Bore off!

Is it the same posters who can’t stand listening to Craigan being negative about Rangers performances sit in the Match Threads being negative about Rangers performances?

Is it the same posters who can’t stand listening to Craigan being negative about Rangers performances sit in the Match Threads being negative about Rangers performances?
There’s a lot of us who can’t stand listening to Craigan as is evident by the number of threads on here after every game he’s on.
Listening to him you’d think he’d won every honour in the game but the fact is he brings nothing to the art of co-commentating except noise. Absolutely ruins listening to games.

I actually know the man, and although nominally a Rangers fan, he is every bit as energy-draining in person.

Even Mrs Muz was referencing his inane comments last night.

I had to remind her he did lead Motherwell U/20's to a Scottish Cup win, so he's right up there with the managerial greats of Europe.;)
God help you

Imagine going for a pint with him

”want a pint Stephen?

”yes go to the bar, get a pint of lager..a glass full of beer, lager in a glass, a pint of lager”

He had not one good thing to say and usually said it at the most unusual of times. He brings nothing to the table and offers very little as a pundit. Says a lot for BT Sports if they feel they need to keep giving him a role.

He’s a doomsday merchant, every incident is the apocalypse for Rangers and brilliant for the opposition. He’s an absolute fucking fud and he’s right up there in the Michael Stewart stakes of wanting to put your boot through the telly, and that was saying something.
Less is more sometimes, he doesn’t let the game breathe

He was generally positive in his commentary in the semi final but when he realised he had a bigger audience watching the final he thought he was billy big baws. It was actually embarrassing listening to him. Constant, droning negativity. Added nothing to the game, it was like listening to a drunk sitting next to you in the pub - desperate to say 'just shut the fcuk up'.

Owen hargreaves came across really well.Seem a right good guy.That prick craigan was almost begging the ref to send John off but he's got previous.He might.be a ulsterman but he's a lady's front bottom
Lets face it, if that challenge was on Lundstram - we would have been SCREAMING for a red and claiming UEFA dark arts and all sorts on here.

I feared the worst even after the replay!
To get off without even a yellow was a master stroke of luck and let him continue to play his game as he likes to.

I really don’t mind him at all.
If its a throw up between him, Pat Nevin, Andy Walker, Mutton etc I take him every day.

He was generally positive in his commentary in the semi final but when he realised he had a bigger audience watching the final he thought he was billy big baws. It was actually embarrassing listening to him. Constant, droning negativity. Added nothing to the game, it was like listening to a drunk sitting next to you in the pub - desperate to say 'just shut the fcuk up'.
The game was tailor made for one of the Goals show Euro boys to be in the gantry

I looked at his wiki page

Honours - none

Or Motherwell hall of fame if you want to describe that as an honour

Stephen was a Glentoran fan growing up

So how is he considered good enough to commentate on players that are obviously levels higher than he ever was

I watched the game with a Celtic fan and he basically has all the same thoughts as us regarding Craigan.

Back