Craigans comments

Is he even aware of what he says.

End of first halfI’d like to see Kent do more, he’s had a very quiet evening”

No more than 90 seconds into the second half Kent has been the bright Spark for rangers tonight”

60 seconds after we were told both keepers have had nothing to do, they score and he's all "lyon take a deserved lead"

Man's a fuckin idiot

He had me screaming at the TV tonight as his comments were so woeful and lacking insight.
Why the f@ck we have to put up with non-entities like him is beyond belief.
Given the money BT sport have, you would expect them to hire co-Comms guys with a pedigree in European football.
McCoist was there and should have been doing Craigan’s job.

He certainly couldn't have been any worse than the moaning faced chunt that was sitting behind me tonight.
He had a comment (always scathing) about every single pass, tackle and passage of play we had tonight...he was doing my f*cking head in!

In the space of 5 first half minutes he went from ‘really good measured approach by Rangers’ to ‘they need to let the shackles off and entertain the fans’, the man is moron stealing a wage

Pretty sure he holds the record for most SPL own goals. Wouldn't worry about anything he thinks.

May aswell send me to commentate on the next NASA Launch

On Lundstram on his run into the box in the first half

'he's the only player that has really shown any desire to get at Lyon'.

On Kent after his shot in the first half:

'he's the only player that's really giving it a go'.

Idiot.

Talks like he's some authoritative voice on how the game should be played - and then you remember he played for Motherwell & Patrick Thistle and never won a trophy in his whole career! Horrendous commentator!

Only in Scotland do they employ such footballing failures as pundits

Michael stewart
Gordon Dalziel
Steven Thompson
Steven Craigan

The list is endless.
I'd love someone to tell that utter half wit Dalziel one time that there is no t in Goldson.

Always looking to identify the strengths in Lyon and expose the weaknesses in Rangers.

It's like a mental illness with Scottish commentators going all the way back to that blow-hard Archie McPherson (now nostalgically eulogised on here but equally awful - "That's really quite dreadful fom Mols" - at 1min. 25 secs. into a European game.)

Referred to Ibrox as “this place“ “has gone quiet”, at one point after Lyon had scored second goal. Maybe I’m being over sensitive but I didn’t like the way he said “this place” and among other things it’s been annoying me all night.

A bit unfair on Thompson as he won trophy’s and played champions league, even has an old firm goal. I’m not saying he’s a good pundit but he’s above the rest in terms of career IMO.

He certainly couldn't have been any worse than the moaning faced chunt that was sitting behind me tonight.
He had a comment (always scathing) about every single pass, tackle and passage of play we had tonight...he was doing my f*cking head in!
Does my heid in when you get someone like that nearby......

Supporter........the clue on how to behave at the game is in the description.

To be fair, Craigan talks less shite than some of the roasters at the game
One clown accused Kent of bottling a challenge when he pulled up

Had us shouting at the telly
A more one sided (not us) commentator it’s hard to imagine
Still hurting his bum boy never got let in

In the space of 5 first half minutes he went from ‘really good measured approach by Rangers’ to ‘they need to let the shackles off and entertain the fans’, the man is moron stealing a wage
Well said, I genuinely laughed at that
Laughing at him not with him
He is so annoying to listen to

Is he even aware of what he says.
"Its criminal from (insert Rangers name or name of Rangers player)"
"Its sloppy from (insert Rangers name or name of Rangers player)"
"Its poor from (insert Rangers name or name of Rangers player)"

Yes he is well aware and clearly he values his pundit work in the Scottish Media as hes working overtime to retain it with the constant negativity.

After that chance the Lyon right back had in the first half, craigan gave us great insight into why he maybe missed. His conclusion is that the boy was in an unnatural position as he isn’t really known to be a goal scoring full back although he does love to get forward.

Boy is 18 and playing only the 6th game in his career.

The guy is an absolute knob. He adds zero to the experience so why is he on Co Comms.
Stick him on the Celtic matches. He makes any defeat ten times worse.
His voice and comments is actually pain and a form of torture.

Most ex players in that co-commentator role for European games have been there and were top end pros. Craigan on the other hand was an also ran, journeyman perennial relegation avoider. Add to that his lack of charisma, his lack of knowledge and general annoying disposition we are beginning to wonder why he is employed as he is. He is utter garbage at his job.

Last edited:
a personal favorite was when we were 2 down, the other commentator said if rangers are to take anything from this game they need a goal...........and then another goal.

I picked up on that aswell, he talks so much and so fast he doesn't even remember what he has said previously.

Back