Crawford Allan named SFA head of referee operations

Oh I remember this guy! McCoist never rated him when he was the manager. I remember something regarding him giving a penalty against us or something that was blatant cheating.

_96611070_1051848.jpg

He is a proponent of allowing referees to explain their decisions publicly.

That idea will have been knocked out of him in order to secure this position no doubt.

I spoke to an ex grade 1 ref about the role ( still involved with refereeing btw ) - he indicated that very few people were interested as it was likely a 40+ hours a week role.

Slim pickings - even for Lawell

We aren't ever going to get a decent referee set-up in Scotland. It must be like looking for a diamond in a sewer.

Maybe hes gonna sort out all the bias and corruption, clean refereeing up and save scottish football.... or more likely just continue playing dumb like most others involved in refereeing and supporting their shameful behaviour. Didnt seem very confident as a ref.

He mentions VAR, we dont want VAR, we really dont want that to happen what on og that would be another bent official watching the games acting like Sutton, Michael Stewart or Andy Walker.

I spoke to an ex grade 1 ref about the role ( still involved with refereeing btw ) - he indicated that very few people were interested as it was likely a 40+ hours a week role.

40 hours during the off season . Double it for the season easily

Oh I remember this guy! McCoist never rated him when he was the manager. I remember something regarding him giving a penalty against us or something that was blatant cheating.
True! he gave a penalty to Hearts against us at Ibrox, about 5 mins before that there was a similar incident in the Hearts penalty area (Jig & Zaliukas I think) where he watched Jig being pulled allover the place but only warned the Hearts player. When there was a corner went into our box he invented a foul & gave the penalty, as you say blatant cheating. This was not long after we went into administration and all the folk with "small man syndrome" were having a go at us, he was just another one!

Sounds like another placeman and rslicker appointment for the mhanks to be honest, I'm going for a coffee make mines a deppresso. :eek:

True! he gave a penalty to Hearts against us at Ibrox, about 5 mins before that there was a similar incident in the Hearts penalty area (Jig & Zaliukas I think) where he watched Jig being pulled allover the place but only warned the Hearts player. When there was a corner went into our box he invented a foul & gave the penalty, as you say blatant cheating. This was not long after we went into administration and all the folk with "small man syndrome" were having a go at us, he was just another one!

Thanks for that. I just remember McCoist who seemed to back most referees no matter what, thought his actions were suspect.

Seems like another who kicked us when we were down.

The ref was woeful that game

He's a Hertz supporter.

so is michael stewart. They hate us as much as hibs, celtic, aberdeen and the rest due to the way they have been brain washed by the media. Just look at their forums, its all about us. Celtic despite their domination will always be the poor we hard done to club. Where as us, despite being victims and booted in the baws when we were down, are the big bad Rangers.

And in a salary that didn’t attract the top guys

I note Tom Murphy has been acting as interim in this position.

I recall Walter Smith had plenty to say about him in his previous position as a linesman.

Tom Murphy you say? That could explain why all the match officials for the Cup Final and the game at the Glitterdome all came from the same small demographic that he hails from.

Back