Crazy argument with a Leeds fan last night.....

The Championship? LOL!

When the draw for the Europa league QR and the Play-Off round were being made, one of the teams we preferred to avoid was Premier League Wolves.
With hindsight I wish we had drawn them now, this Rangers team would have knocked them out.

All the Leeds fans I know are fannies to be honest.

And an easy rebut to just about any English supporter talking down Rangers - ask them how many ST holders they have? 47,000 vs 6,000 for Leeds. They're on the level with Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs in terms of importance.

Its nowhere near as impressive as ours but Leeds have >20k season ticket holders - not 6k

Look bud just close the bellend's ward door, get on with looking after the other inmates at Broadmoor.

Simple question of “some results for Rangers and Celtic in Europe this week?” from me - this person has regularly stated they think both of us are top end division one teams in England at best. So yes I was baiting them.

Got the usual ‘didn’t watch it’, ‘diddy competition against crap clubs no one has heard of’. Usually back and forwards about Porto in CL last year etc. But there really was no debating with this clown. ‘Leeds would romp that Europa group’. The highlights of this throbber were the following;

- Morelos is a donkey and a madman.

- Not one rangers player would get in the Leeds team.

- championship is the 5th best league in Europe.

- Gerrard will jump from rangers as soon as a championship club shows any kind of interest.

And the absolute fucking astonishgly brilliant (to quote another madman) cherry on the cake was...........

Rangers went bust anyway, Leeds didn’t.

I actually had to explain to a Leeds fan and season ticket holder they went through the exact same insolvency event as we did. They denied this and said “it can’t be true as you had to start at the bottom league again and we didn’t”. Absolute frightening naivety from a dyed in the wool fan who is a doctor and obviously not thick yet was spouting this pish.

I don’t know how bears on here live down in England. I really couldn’t handle such utter morons continually comparing us to absolute dross down there they claim are big clubs.
ask him how dirty Leeds fared the last time they played Rangers and celtic in Europe ,
I believe no wins in 4 games

I live in England (Plymouth) and also forms s fair bit of time in the Midlands with work.
I have never come across that level of ignorance. In fact I have found the opposite. Lots of Wolves fans in my work thinking if we drew them in the EL that it would be a cracking draw and think it could go either way.
The last time we played Leeds in Europe,we beat them,home and away.Wolves done a bit better against us,they got beat at Ibrox,but managed a draw at home.granted the Wolves game was nearly 60 years ago,but if it annoys them that's fine.
THE DAY WE WENT TO WOLVERHAMPTON TOWN :)

I had an argument with a Charlton fan on Twitter a few weeks back who had commented on the video of Aribo scoring against Brazil.

The guy was actually pretty complimentary about Rangers and hates Celtc, he called them terrorist supporting scumbags, but was in complete denial about the Championship, the quality of Rangers and Celtc and the overall state of English football.

SPL is a pub league etc. Man City couldnt beat Celtc over 2 legs, Burnley needed extra time to beat Aberdeen, anytime we meet in friendlies we win, we had beaten Feyenoord and Legia Warsaw at this point but apparently they were pub teams as well and playing Wigan and Reading is the pinnacle of football. Couldnt even register that Aribo only got his call up after playing for Rangers. The Sky hype and money train has created a bubble around the top of English football and its distorted everything. I dont think its the fans fault, theyve been brainwashed over the last 15-20 years.

People from Yorkshire are not very bright.
wyuRQ3n.gif

I've had 37 years of it mate & it doesn't get any better - in fact it's been worse the last few years

However it does get easier to spot those that know what they're talking about & those that only employ wind-up tactics to hide their lack of knnowledge - your quack friend is obviously in the 2nd camp
I have been here for 45 years.
I usually get "there are only two teams in Scotland". (Capable of winning the league)
I point out that most leagues are like that.
Ask them just to name three teams in Spain, Italy, Germany, France etc They might get three of those but the ones that know nothing will struggle, somewhere around here.

Simple question of “some results for Rangers and Celtic in Europe this week?” from me - this person has regularly stated they think both of us are top end division one teams in England at best. So yes I was baiting them.

Got the usual ‘didn’t watch it’, ‘diddy competition against crap clubs no one has heard of’. Usually back and forwards about Porto in CL last year etc. But there really was no debating with this clown. ‘Leeds would romp that Europa group’. The highlights of this throbber were the following;

- Gerrard will jump from rangers as soon as a championship club shows any kind of interest.

And the absolute fucking astonishgly brilliant (to quote another madman) cherry on the cake was...........

I actually had to explain to a Leeds fan and season ticket holder they went through the exact same insolvency event as we did. They denied this and said “it can’t be true as you had to start at the bottom league again and we didn’t”. Absolute frightening naivety from a dyed in the wool fan who is a doctor and obviously not thick yet was spouting this pish.

I don’t know how bears on here live down in England. I really couldn’t handle such utter morons continually comparing us to absolute dross down there they claim are big clubs.
Sounds like a real throbber with limited knowledge.

I've came across the odd idiot like him, usually the same ones who think Scotland is in the North of England or think their non-entity team (eg. Northampton or Macclesfield) would stroll the Scottish League.

I have been here for 45 years.
I usually get "there are only two teams in Scotland". (Capable of winning the league)
I point out that most leagues are like that.
Ask them just to name three teams in Spain, Italy, Germany, France etc They might get three of those but the ones that know nothing will struggle, somewhere around here.

I know exactly what you mean mate - the average fan I've met here wouldn't know much about other clubs in England outside their own - let alone johnny foreigner territory

What probably gets to me the most is how dismissive they are & convinced they have a valid opinion of Scottish football - despite not ever watching any

They were champions of England at one stage in the early nineties.

Then we gubbed them.

In both games.
And they have NEVER recovered from that.

That's when their slide began so the op can tell his m8 WE ruined Leeds. And then tell him "You're Welcome!" :D :D:p

I live in England (Plymouth) and also forms s fair bit of time in the Midlands with work.
I have never come across that level of ignorance. In fact I have found the opposite. Lots of Wolves fans in my work thinking if we drew them in the EL that it would be a cracking draw and think it could go either way.
Know a few Wolves fans, love us, hate them

Disagree with that like, good crowds from Yorkshire Clubs and do travel away well. I dislike many of the twats myself but respect that many do travel well.
Could you translate your reply where in my post do go on about fans traveling away was it another members post you meant to reply to

They appear to have went through the exact same insolvency as we did but they retained their place in the league.

I get there's not the same bitterness down there but what's the script here? Is the rules different down south or what?

Jealousy’s a terrible thing. Son in law’s a Middlesbrough fan and used to come out with this shite. Reality is they would bite your hand off for a crack at the EL.
I worked with a Middlesbrough fan and a more delusional retard you are not likely to meet. They are a bang average club with a pretty dismal support for a one club town.

He is just indicative of some football fans up and down the country in that he is totally oblivious of the game beyond the end of his own nose.

I suppose it’s just people in general to be honest regardless of what the topic may be.

The guy must be at the wind up.
The championship is a war of attrition. A lot of agricultural football getting played out by very mediocre teams. Leeds are so good that they have been unable to get out of the league in almost 20 years despite being the biggest club in there. I think they have only been in contention of promotion a few times.

Doesn't watch us because we're a diddy team in a diddy competition yet still has a lot to say about us as a club.

You should have glassed the prick.

Should've just slapped the nut on him pal.

Back