Crazy argument with a Leeds fan last night.....

It comes from a place of ignorance about football in general. They don't really watch football outside of their own clubs and the EPL so if they haven't heard of a player or team, they must automatically be shite. If you're a Scottish club, you;re shite because the media has said it. And so on. They have no concept of how big Rangers are as a club.

To say the Europa League is shite is the opinion of a complete football snob, the kind of person who has no idea what they are talking about and thinks only the EPL and UCL are good competitions. Even looking at the quality of all the ties in the Playoff qualifying round this year, there was a plethora of teams knocked out who would give serious bother to non entities like Leeds. Thats without getting into the 48 teams who actually qualified. And to say teams like Feyenoord, Porto and Young Boys are nobodies is utterly laughable. A group with 3 clubs that have played in 17 European finals between them. No bother.
Rangers would absolutely piss all over the Championship, of that i have absolutely no doubt.

Simple question of “some results for Rangers and Celtic in Europe this week?” from me - this person has regularly stated they think both of us are top end division one teams in England at best. So yes I was baiting them.

Got the usual ‘didn’t watch it’, ‘diddy competition against crap clubs no one has heard of’. Usually back and forwards about Porto in CL last year etc. But there really was no debating with this clown. ‘Leeds would romp that Europa group’. The highlights of this throbber were the following;

- Morelos is a donkey and a madman.

- Not one rangers player would get in the Leeds team.

- championship is the 5th best league in Europe.

- Gerrard will jump from rangers as soon as a championship club shows any kind of interest.

And the absolute fucking astonishgly brilliant (to quote another madman) cherry on the cake was...........

Rangers went bust anyway, Leeds didn’t.

I actually had to explain to a Leeds fan and season ticket holder they went through the exact same insolvency event as we did. They denied this and said “it can’t be true as you had to start at the bottom league again and we didn’t”. Absolute frightening naivety from a dyed in the wool fan who is a doctor and obviously not thick yet was spouting this pish.

I don’t know how bears on here live down in England. I really couldn’t handle such utter morons continually comparing us to absolute dross down there they claim are big clubs.
ask him what he thinks of the pumping we gave them in 92 when they had a team and tell him the championship is a Division in the English football league. then walk away

Oh and apparently their keeper is better than Mcgregor as he has ‘won the CL four times.’

Sat on the bench for Madrid four times that is.

Supposedly to be reserve keeper at Madrid means you are ‘probably top 5 goal keepers in the world.’ :))

If only he was trolling me. Just a deluded fool.

Oh and apparently their keeper is better than Mcgregor as he has ‘won the CL four times.’

Sat on the bench for Madrid four times that is.

Supposedly to be reserve keeper at Madrid means you are ‘probably top 5 goal keepers in the world.’ :))

If only he was trolling me. Just a deluded fool.

Youve got the trump card i suppose. Theyll never be able to change that result in 92' , and you can endlessly use it against Leeds fans

Fan of English lower league club in delusional shocker, they'll tell you the Championship is this great league will calling Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga farmers leagues. Preston are 2nd in the Championship ffs they can pipe down

Youve got the trump card i suppose. Theyll never be able to change that result in 92' , and you can endlessly use it against Leeds fans

Haha yeah used it a few times. Funnily enough we are the same age but only one of us watched that game at 12 years old and jumped around their house like a madman. The other ‘didn’t like football at that age’. :rolleyes:

I’m living in the past. From a Leeds fan!!! o_O

I live in England (Plymouth) and also forms s fair bit of time in the Midlands with work.
I have never come across that level of ignorance. In fact I have found the opposite. Lots of Wolves fans in my work thinking if we drew them in the EL that it would be a cracking draw and think it could go either way.

Any excuse!

Simple question of “some results for Rangers and Celtic in Europe this week?” from me - this person has regularly stated they think both of us are top end division one teams in England at best. So yes I was baiting them.

Got the usual ‘didn’t watch it’, ‘diddy competition against crap clubs no one has heard of’. Usually back and forwards about Porto in CL last year etc. But there really was no debating with this clown. ‘Leeds would romp that Europa group’. The highlights of this throbber were the following;

- Gerrard will jump from rangers as soon as a championship club shows any kind of interest.

And the absolute fucking astonishgly brilliant (to quote another madman) cherry on the cake was...........

I actually had to explain to a Leeds fan and season ticket holder they went through the exact same insolvency event as we did. They denied this and said “it can’t be true as you had to start at the bottom league again and we didn’t”. Absolute frightening naivety from a dyed in the wool fan who is a doctor and obviously not thick yet was spouting this pish.

I don’t know how bears on here live down in England. I really couldn’t handle such utter morons continually comparing us to absolute dross down there they claim are big clubs.
That is part of the problem right there.
You equate “qualified” with “general intelligence”.
The two are seldom linked.

They have Patrick Bamford up front

We have Alfredo Morelos

That ends the argument about not one Rangers player getting a game.

Did he say ey oop at t beginning of his arguement?

Just tell him to %^*& off

He sounds as bright as Sam from Emmerdale

I live in Manchester and all my missus’ family are all United fans. Her old man, brother and cousins often come round to mine to cheer on the bears and are always very complimentary. (Even if we do have a Liverpool legend at the helm)

You get some who get it and some who don’t. I don’t even try anymore with the latter.

These debates are pointless as Leeds get far more money to build their side than we do but I don’t think anyone doubts that us and the scum would more than hold our own in the Championship in England as we are right now. Extra finance on top of that and we’d both finish in the play offs at the very least imo.

I've lived in Leeds for c7yrs & know plenty of Leeds fans both from work & going to games every so often.

Honestly they have little interest in Scottish football generally (why would they?) however interest has picked up a little with Gerrard being here. Most are fairly complementary tbh.

They are also generally quite negative about their own team. Its a yorkshire thing, similar to scotland.

Every fanbase has its idiots & some will be at the wind up. Best ignored

I used to think us and them were top end championship teams but honestly think we’d stay up in the premier league with our current squads.

If it was a level playing field and we had access to the ludicrous tv money they get down south then we’d be right up there after a while.

In 92 every English person I spoke to was desperate for us to beat Leeds. They’re widely hated down their for their sense of entitlement.

Been hearing this bullshit since I moved to bradford from Glasgow as a 10 yr old (majority of bradford are leeds fans aswell) calmed down when they got relegated...wind up mainly starts at the beginning of the season when there sure they'll walk the the championship....i just wait till they fvck it up every year like they always do then fire in!!

He has been got at by some poet by the looks of it

Leeds fan I work with is nothing but complimentary about our club. He wishes they'd got Kent, would love Alfie and is jealous of our Euro run.

I had him, a Spurs fan and a Chelsea fan all come to speak to me on Friday, they had each watched the Porto game and were all nothing but positive.

You should have told him, as he was a doctor he needed to fix the shite that was coming from his mouth.

Dont tar all Leeds fans because of one throbber

I know many many Leeds Fans some who make the trip to Ibrox they very much also have a hatred for the scum

Great club Leeds and with a lot of history

All the Leeds fans I know are fannies to be honest.

And an easy rebut to just about any English supporter talking down Rangers - ask them how many ST holders they have? 47,000 vs 6,000 for Leeds. They're on the level with Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs in terms of importance.

I seem to remember Leeds saying they would pump us in the champions league years ago even after we beat them at Ibrox and we pumped them again in their own patch. Even with everything available to them in England they still languish in the second tier. Wont be taking any lessons in football or anything else from them.

No people from Yorkshire enjoy rugby league more than football generally, and I've family from Yorkshire

Disagree with that like, good crowds from Yorkshire Clubs and do travel away well. I dislike many of the twats myself but respect that many do travel well.

Last edited:
Growing up in Belfast in the early 70s has left me with a lot of 'baggage' to deal with in later life. The worst thing, without doubt, is the amount of fuckin Leeds fans I still need to pass the time of day with. For some unknown reason, almost every Leeds fan finds it impossible to move beyond denial on the kubbler-ross scale. Most of my Leeds' pals still live in the 70s ffs. They hardly ever mention the team that won the last ever top flight Div 1, because they went on to be the 1st team to be knocked out of the champions league twice and ultimately gubbed home and away by us. We were 9/2 to win at Elland Road. I won £1800 at the bookies, and another £1000 from Leeds' fans. They said nobody comes to fortress Elland Road. I laughed and called it the Wendy house.

Anyway, I've heard all this and more. Don't worry and don't get upset, Leeds fans can't help it. Humour them. I tell them the Ken Bate's contract preventing them from playing in the premiership is up in 2020. Many of them say I know, this is the year!

:oops:

FBS

You'd think due to the championship teams we have played and battered in preseason even when we had a terrible Caixinha team shows we would get promoted out that division within 3 seasons at the very most

You seem to have met a real prick, most Leeds fans I know are sound.

There is a huge amount of Leeds fans who have never seen their team in Europe let alone the Premier League. They haven't got a clue.

That said I do like Leeds and want them to do well.

I've seen plenty of Leeds in recent seasons and their fans I know are actually ok.

We're comfortably a level up from them and any other Championship team though.

We're also a considerably better side than the likes of Norwich, Watford, Southampton, Villa and the rest of the muck languishing at the bottom of the EPL.

I used to live in Leeds. 98% of the Leeds fans I met were absolute weapons. Delusions of grandeur from a team who were big about 49 years ago.

Tell him any superiority they may have comes from the success of the few English clubs at the top.

Basically they're using Manchester United as their comfort blanket. See how that goes down.

I absolutely love baiting Leeds fans, when Rangers are on in the pub they just can't help themselves.

Another one is when they ask if we'd ever join the EPL. It's a loaded question so they can claim we'd finish mid table Championship. Best response is "will never happen, but if it does we'll be there before Leeds ever get back in."

Should told him to feck off.

That was the sort of pish I was used to when I moved down in the late 80s. And it went on a long time. Then we battered the English champions, home and away, and that chat stopped!
Don’t know many Leeds fans, but the ones I do know, remember Hateley and McCoist.

What would a Leeds fan know about European football in fairness
They know all about us tho
leeds-rangers.jpg

Back