Cringey English Football Banners/Signs - A Thread

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
Always love a laugh at how contrived some fans of English teams are. Here are some of my favourite ones to laugh at. Feel free to add. I’m sure now fans are back in stadiums we’ll get some crackers to laugh/cringe at again. Could probably make it exclusively about Arsenal fans to be honest however Chelsea have some stoaters as well.

5EB62BFC-058E-4F7D-A318-5A8ED2AC32D6.jpeg

66FFB961-4A7D-4ED8-8F2B-E5F1F0509BD6.jpeg
6F8B8042-7C2D-4E41-9D12-6BCE74A96F20.jpeg

6BACBB09-0D5C-47E4-B008-3812A565E2B3.jpegF5A2FCB7-C703-48F8-A0B3-3050D8B8566D.jpeg
20608740-7D30-4DBE-BED1-3DA8406ECE1A.jpeg
86056D93-8BC7-43DD-BD1E-354526D66AA1.jpeg
E6E20255-8FBF-4900-8534-8C79939437CB.jpeg

One especially cringey and false aspect of it is that the banners hang at the same position right through the season, obviously placed by the club. Like everything in English football it's stage managed, lacks any sort of spontaneity and has no sense of real emotion.

Last edited:
After yesterday’s first goal, Bruno Fernandez ran to the crown to celebrate.

There was a kid with an A3/A4 laminated sheet of paper, something like: “Bruno - please can I have your shirt?”

Eff off ya wee dobber :))
Wean genuinely worked on the ghost train going city to city

Some context to the Arsenal one of Alexis Sanchez and his dugs….will take some beating that one.

Think he was humping those dogs to be honest!

Not cringey, but a bit odd :D

keegan.jpg

That's my bus and honestly it's a nightmare getting the banner out any time due to the size of it.
I remember walking down stairs in Glasgow airport about 3 in the morning and John Greig asked what’s that? We had to open it up in the airport in Turin so my pal said you don’t want to know.
That was a brilliant trip. We got beat 4-1. I’m sure Gough scored. I remember at halftime I got hit in the face with an apple. The bastards were throwing everything at us.

Some of the patter at English football is beyond shite. The worst I ever seen was the Crystal Palace fans stealing that DT’s hat (the wank from Arsenal fans TV) and hanging it from the stand in front of the Arsenal fans.

I hope against hope Ibrox never disappears up its own arse like that.

One of my good mates is originally from Manchester and a United fan. Was speaking to him yesterday about Man Utd fan pictured with a half United half Leeds scarf. Agreed with me he’d rather United were skint than have tourists like that all over their ground. To be fair their away support are one of best in England and are the proper fans of theirs.

Beat me to it. With a late entry a few posts back from Bournemouth.

Soft southern cunts.

They’re like the old Pro Evo games. Might as well just have a banner up just saying “Score a goal!!” or “win the game!!”

I had an old tshirt that said "shoot for goal". I was 5 years old. I will need to dig it out if I ever go to a Bournemouth game.

I once saw Hull at Hillsborough during one of Wednesdays prior stints in League One. They brought about 9,000 fans and were rough as %^*&. They were still streaming into the ground half way through the first half and Wednesday eventually cordoned off a small section of one of the home ends to get them all in.

Not sure at what point they got replaced by the fuckwits with the shite in that video. Well, I do. It’s the Premier League isn’t it. It’s like an overnight rot to a clubs core support.

One of my good mates is originally from Manchester and a United fan. Was speaking to him yesterday about Man Utd fan pictured with a half United half Leeds scarf. Agreed with me he’d rather United were skint than have tourists like that all over their ground. To be fair their away support are one of best in England and are the proper fans of theirs.
Aye their away support is number 1 in England IMO

Back