Cringy Football Patter

He s a box to box player, every player can run box to box.
There aint a force field like in star wars that stops the other players being box to box.

"Heart of a mouse".

For a while there, that was the most overused phrase on here and it did my box in. Numerous players had that particular nugget thrown at them on a regular basis. Thankfully, that patter seems to have died down a bit recently because we're all rightly confident that our new team have backbone to spare.

* frantically scans previous posts to make sure I've never used it *

One of Ian Crocker-Schitt's favourites: "On derby day in <insert name of city>"

He'll repeat it god knows how many times during any derby match.

Basically anything that prick says belongs on this thread. I'll give him a pass for "Get that chopper to Dundee now" though.

"You just knew he'd have a say...on derby day!"
"This is incredible! This is remarkable! This is astonishing!" after any mildly surprising goal/result/occurrence in a game. So astonishing that he's said it about 500 times.

I'll also add in any arsehole who uses the phrase "engine room" instead of "midfield". Terrible patter.

Last edited:
Pish patter is part of the match day experience,Its a competition to see who can take it to a new low,LET,S GO.

That, and people saying patter makes them heave/cringe/boak.
No it fùcking doesn't.
It might be shìt patter, but it doesn't make you do any of those things so stop lying about it. :p

Same as folk who claim to have spat their tea/coffee/beer over the screen when they read something mildly surprising or funny. You absolutely didn't and this type of patter is far worse than the multitude of common football terminology mentioned in this thread.

What about Jamie no medals Rednapp “He’s a good good player” or he’s top top player or they have to be bang at it today which Souness says constantly their either bang at it or not bang at it or “And it’s live” god give me strength I’m actually annoying masel

The Arsenal’s, Chelsea’s, Leicester’s (insert literally any team) of this world.

He’s world class.

Keep your shape.

"Water carrier"........Limited footballer.
"Periods of transition"........They've got the ball.
"Plays with a smile on his face".....On drugs.

There is a halfwit in the Govan front who, after every decision that goes against us, shouts; "See you ref, you're not even the shape of a referee."...............???

“Unbelievable Jeff” - piss off Kamara you utter bellend

In fact almost all of the Soccer Saturday patter is tiring & boring now

Back