Criticism of Colak is over the top

Big man knows where the net is. Give him the chances and he'll likely put them away.

Two games running now he's scored crucial goals. Opening goal at the weekend and now the goal to bring the tie level. Can't help but feel a few have tried to sell him short, as some sort of a flat track bully who'll only wrack up the score against the dross in the league.

Always knew he would be a good player B-D

May have made a c*** of my original opinion. I’ll reserve judgement until we have seen a bit more which I should have done start of season. Maybe he comes good - maybe not

Was in the right place right time tonight anyway.

I think it is great that we have a goal poacher as an option. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bit of game time against the smaller clubs domestically when Gio wants to rest Alfie.

Colak
Spurs : Minimum chances 1 goal
Livingston : Minimum chances 1 Goal(wrongly disallowed)
Kilmarnock : Minimum chances 1 goal
USG: Couple half chances 1 Goal

Maybe folk will get off his back he’s doing exactly what we missed last year taking the half chances others couldn’t.

I love Alfredo and top form Alfredo we are a better side. However, especially in our league, with an attacking on form up tempo Rangers then Čolak scores more goals in my opinion. He will score the ugly ones that for years, since Boyd, have gone begging. That’s 3 in 4 for Čolak taking the Livvy wrong call offside.

I think looking at Morelos he's still a wee bit away which is to be expected since he had a bad injury and was out since march last season.
I'd get another striker in as Roofe or Sakala don't seem to be part of Gio's plan.

Where do we find a striker that is

A) Good enough?

B) Happy to play at best second fiddle to Alfie, possibly third behind Colak?

It’s not as simple as just going out to buy buy buy.

I've been impressed by Colak so far. He's good in the air and has already scored some important goals. I think he'll do well for us this season.

He’s going to be a sound option as a back up, take a few pens he will be well on course to matching numbers Roofe got last season

what a difference when we actually played the ball into his feet. Came short, created space for runners and played excellent balls out wide. Baffling we had spent 3 games, basically punting the ball up to him.

Little wonder though.
180 minutes and we’re reading stupidity like that.
I wonder how the negative posters woul feel if they were criticised after a week in the job.
Absolute fat banger behind me screaming at Kent after 90 seconds that he was useless.

Was giving Goldson grief in extra time against Leipzig.

I turn up every game hoping he has gave up his season ticket and every game dissapointed so far.

He is a 100% effort player. We have needed a poacher like him for years. He will score goals against SPL teams. Once Morelos up to speed we will have two good strikers. Still would like a third as Roofe never fit for long periods and Sakala looks like he doesn’t figure in the manager’s plan.

Said it from day one, he’s a poacher and that’s that.

Stop expecting every Rangers striker to replicate Morelos.

They don’t have to, it’s absolutely fine if they don’t. Morelos can occupy a defence on his own, but Colak’s about a million times more effective as a poacher/finisher than Morelos will ever be.

That’s great - you need a mix of abilities and traits throughout the squad.

Always knew he would be a good player B-D

May have made a c*** of my original opinion. I’ll reserve judgement until we have seen a bit more which I should have done start of season. Maybe he comes good - maybe not

Was in the right place right time tonight anyway.
Always best to hold off judging a player off a few games. I understand as I get emotional during and after games but it's got a tendency to bite you on the backside when they start playing well

The guy knows where the net is. Give him decent service and he will score loads for us.
Plus he looks like a player who actually gives a damn.
If he’s getting the service and not scoring, then the critics can have their moans.

Back