Criticism of Colak is over the top

You can tell folk over and over stats/previous clubs/price(the numbers man) are not so important but it wont stop a section of posters saying someone is garbage from a quick online search then picking out every single fault or average performance when he gets here. I blame sky sports fkin hate it.

Colak has clearly been told to stay in the middle meaning he needs better service from our wide players if he is to have a chance of showing what he can do. Morelos adds more to the team in his overall play and movement in particular, allowing the midfield to make runs into the box as an alternative to playing it wide and crossing in. Depending on who is fit and how we expect the opposition to line up, both can be effective but for me Morelos is more versatile.

It’s an absolute nonsense the criticism this fella is getting.

2 competitive games with his new teammates
And scored 2, can’t really count livi as he never got anything played up to him.

I really liked his goal last night, rather than trying to score the perfect goal all the time I like someone that can get the toe on the ball from a yard out to poke it home. Make yourself a menace in the 6 yd box and score a barrel load of poacher goals!

Ex player gets paid let's say £100 for a opinion and puts his boot into our own players. He should know better and give the lad time.Or at least play the game like Fatson and Mutton and take every chance to put the boot into your rivals. The scrutiny and pressure put onto our players regardless of if they say they do not read any forms of media is amazing. Yet Vickers etc get built up unchallenged.

To many ex players trying hard to please the clearly biased Scottish media to keep the cheques rolling in. Only thing that sells here is putting the boot into us and we need more challenging the unwashed and building the pressure over there.

If we get him chances he will score goals.

It was mentioned on Rangers TV last night but he's similar to Boyd in that he doesn't do much work outside the box.

The baffling thing is he looked more than capable in pre season. Was very good against West Ham and then scored versus Spurs. Like every player he was mince away to USG. Scored at home v Killie and last night.

We really need to give players time. We are the worst set of fans for judging players early.
I think he'll be as good as Prso and Jelavic,if he's given time.

The baffling thing is he looked more than capable in pre season. Was very good against West Ham and then scored versus Spurs. Like every player he was mince away to USG. Scored at home v Killie and last night.

We really need to give players time. We are the worst set of fans for judging players early.

The majority of us do give our new players time and plenty of support.

However, there is a small, noisy minority of helmets that have everything about a player sussed within the first 45 minutes of watching him.

We knew he was a finisher and he has shown that he is a finisher. Definitely not an all round type striker like Morelos but who is?

Probably harsh to expect much from a striker from team performances like the away leg in Belgium.

Puts a shift in, and id back him to stick away chances..

he has a big part to play, and his team awareness will improve as will the other players in the front area of the pitch.

we love a write off ASAP..

Unlike you all smug and smart with hindsight.

Read my words he MAY write himself off first based on how he played last Tuesday , thankfully he appears to have been coached or wakened up to the fact he needed to play differently , long may it continue,

And yes i enjoyed his goal and the result.

It’s not really hindsight it’s maybe just a lesson for you to have a more bit optimism and belief in the players and squad in general.

Been reading your negativity for too long on this forum. Cheer up man you might enjoy it better.

It's absolute clueless pish.

He's already scored against Spurs, Killie and last night.
He's also had disallowed goals against Blackpool, West Ham and Livi.

He's a very good finisher, but there's also much more to his game than that.

His off the ball movement is excellent, as his work rate, particularly when the opposition are in possession.

He's already proved to be an outstanding signing, with goals that have proved to be crucial for our club.
Spot on
He’s not Alfie, he’s his own man, he’s going to be a cracking buy for £1.8 million

Think he will score plenty for us. Has a great work rate. Can see him causing the scum problems and thriving on big occasions.

It’s not really hindsight it’s maybe just a lesson for you to have a more bit optimism and belief in the players and squad in general.

Been reading your negativity for too long on this forum. Cheer up man you might enjoy it better.
If not buying in to players like Aaron Ramsey and Kemar Roofe is negativity I make no apologies.

If someone like Colak becomes a success I will be as happy as the next one.

Time will tell.

Unlike you all smug and smart with hindsight.

Read my words he MAY write himself off first based on how he played last Tuesday , thankfully he appears to have been coached or wakened up to the fact he needed to play differently , long may it continue,

And yes i enjoyed his goal and the result.
Dont back down, double down on the shit.

Ex player gets paid let's say £100 for a opinion and puts his boot into our own players. He should know better and give the lad time.Or at least play the game like Fatson and Mutton and take every chance to put the boot into your rivals. The scrutiny and pressure put onto our players regardless of if they say they do not read any forms of media is amazing. Yet Vickers etc get built up unchallenged.

To many ex players trying hard to please the clearly biased Scottish media to keep the cheques rolling in. Only thing that sells here is putting the boot into us and we need more challenging the unwashed and building the pressure over there.
Spot on

If the unwashed had a new striker who was robbed of an opening day goal by an incorrect linesman’s flag , then scored in his following 2 fixtures including a champions league qualifier the usual suspects would be talking of a £20 million rated player

Can someone confirm if he had a goal disallowed at Livi? Not sure if anyone has mentioned it :D

Well positioned for his goal last night and was the sort of position that Roofe would normally be in for any rebound & that's a good thing.

Works hard up top and knows where the goal is. He is a definite upgrade on Itten who will score around 15 in all competitions if he continues to get decent match time.

Think he will be a great understudy to Morelos. For £1.8m he will be a great signing

Scored vs West Ham, good finish but marginally offside.

Scored vs Spurs

Scored vs Livingston, incorrectly ruled offside

Scored vs Kilmarnock

Scored vs USG

Bearing in mind he's barely had any chances to work with that is not bad going, give him service he will score, literally the Croatian Kris Boyd, and that's not a bad thing.

The less said about the eejits on here writing him off the better, absolute rockets.
Also scored against Blackpool,which was ruled out.

The problem is a lot of people seem to want to compare Colak with Alfie. There aren't many Alfie's on the go!!

Colak is an excellent back up striker (along with Roofe when fit) and will score goals for Rangers.

We have had 4 competitive games and he has scored 2 goals (should be 3 !). That is an excellent return in anyone's book.

I was going to put him on SPFL TGS each way ,he was 12s pre season he is now 9s and should be even shorter . My only issue is he will be eased out of game time with Alfie back .

1-D11-DF27-5-E06-4-FC1-991-A-5781-AC91-DDF4.jpg

Hiya everyone!

Hope he doesn’t score every game because it takes ages to find this and bump it :))

Another game another goal, movement much better and getting involved and linking up. Big Man will become a favourite.

I knew he could finish but he was a mannequin in the first couple of games, no point not saying it, he’s learning and developing into how we play as each game passes.

Back