Criticism of Colak is over the top

The guy is a #9, a penalty box striker who has scored a few now and will get plenty for us - the fact that anyone could be raging about us having a goal scoring striker shows that we have a strong squad.
It'll be "horses for courses" which striker Gio goes with over the season.
From what I've seen so far, Gio knows how to mix n' match his squad to best suit the opposition!

It'll be "horses for courses" which striker Gio goes with over the season.
From what I've seen so far, Gio knows how to mix n' match his squad to best suit the opposition!
I liked how GvB utilised the squad from the first game, definitely not afraid to change personnel from game to game, it doesn't always work, sometimes frustrating trait when it comes to subs but he has definitely proved the team in my opinion and I'm enjoying seeing how the team are now clicking.

I liked how GvB utilised the squad from the first game, definitely not afraid to change personnel from game to game, it doesn't always work, sometimes frustrating trait when it comes to subs but he has definitely proved the team in my opinion and I'm enjoying seeing how the team are now clicking.
The one thing I've noticed is that he doesn't tinker when it comes to making substitutions, he quite often makes 3 subs at the same time, entirely changing the whole dynamic of our play which must be a nightmare for the opposition manager to figure out what's going on!
It's quite obvious that our squad are well trained and versed in big changes like that during a game and respond accordingly.
Gio is proving to be an extremely astute manager and tactitian!

The one thing I've noticed is that he doesn't tinker when it comes to making substitutions, he quite often makes 3 subs at the same time, entirely changing the whole dynamic of our play which must be a nightmare for the opposition manager to figure out what's going on!
It's quite obvious that our squad are well trained and versed in big changes like that during a game and respond accordingly.
That's a good point, he might hold off on some occasions but he usually makes a few together - he's definitely proving to be a decent manager, would be interesting to see how we would play if Mick Beale was included in Gio's staff.

He’s not the best coming short or linking the play but he certainly knows where the goal is.

He is exactly what we’ve been missing and he’ll score a barrel load for us.

The way he controlled the ball and finished it today was outstanding.
This for me - I thought his touch was quite poor up until his goal, but that was an assured finish. Can’t really argue with a goal a game return & he looks quite instinctive “between the sticks”.

Colak
Spurs : Minimum chances 1 goal
Livingston : Minimum chances 1 Goal(wrongly disallowed)
Kilmarnock : Minimum chances 1 goal
USG: Couple half chances 1 Goal

Maybe folk will get off his back he’s doing exactly what we missed last year taking the half chances others couldn’t.
The criticism from ex players like Hately, didnt help the situation. Tied in with the narrow view from some of our supporters.

He’s not taking any notice thankfully and he’s ignoring the negativity. I’m glad we signed him.

7-BAF3283-3717-4-E03-AF8-E-B9928-E899925.gif

Last edited:
I think he'll do really well in terms of goal to games ratio but will probably be incredibly frustrating for 90% of the time.

Alfredo will be the main man for me - but what an option Colak seems to be. He will still get plenty of starts in a sixty-game season and will score plenty.

I think its heart and hand that say it but hes perfect for taking the bins out, we need someone to score plenty against the rubbish in the league and he seems like that player

Hes definitely not scoring worldies but if the balls in or around the box then he scores, im happy with that !

That's a good point, he might hold off on some occasions but he usually makes a few together - he's definitely proving to be a decent manager, would be interesting to see how we would play if Mick Beale was included in Gio's staff.
We don’t need Beale. Dave Vos, Roy Malaya, and now Ceri Bowey is a top class coaching team. We’re only going to get better and better.

Offers us something completely different to Alfie up front, and with Gio’s habit of changing approach during a match that’s a good thing. He’s going to play a very important role this season.

The tricky thing is that Colak is getting games and his confidence and skill will be rising with every game that passes.

But Alfie is on the brink of being able to start again.

So what does that mean for Colak? 20 minute second half appearances and starting every 1 in 5 games?

I nice situation to be in I guess, but we are a different animal with a fully fit Morelos. So not sure that bodes well for our man in form.

Some of the stuff said about Colak has been embarrassing. The boys done very well, natural goalscorer, needs service and he will be a baller for us.

Even if he is rotated with Alfie and Roofe I am confident he will bag 15+ goals this season.

When you think he basically cost us what we sold Itten for, that's good business.

The baffling thing is he looked more than capable in pre season. Was very good against West Ham and then scored versus Spurs. Like every player he was mince away to USG. Scored at home v Killie and last night.

We really need to give players time. We are the worst set of fans for judging players early.
Just read someone in the Balogun thread who, on Wednesday, posted that they would rather have Balogun than Davies despite having never seen Davies play because they're just not sure about him.

I wonder if this is the sort of poster who would continually go on about resigning Weiss etc cause they'd 'been here before, could do a job and know what it's all about'

Love the guy. I can see him finishing top goalscorer in the league. Really hope that we don't drop him to accommodate Alfie if he's in good form, it's been done to much in the past. No slight on Alfie, he's brilliant but like anyone else he shouldn't displace someone getting near enough a goal per game.

Been a joke the criticism he has got. Guy has scored 3 in 3 and looks a threat going in behind and in the air. Settled pretty quickly imo.

Just read someone in the Balogun thread who, on Wednesday, posted that they would rather have Balogun than Davies despite having never seen Davies play because they're just not sure about him.

I wonder if this is the sort of poster who would continually go on about resigning Weiss etc cause they'd 'been here before, could do a job and know what it's all about'

I’d bet good money the same poster would be one of the most vocal criticising the club for re-signing McGregor, Arfield and Davis and saying we aren’t showing enough ambition.

He often waits until the other manager has made a change too before he goes for it

The criticism from ex players like Hately, didnt help the situation. Tied in with the narrow view from some of our supporters.

He’s not taking any notice thankfully and he’s ignoring the negativity. I’m glad we signed him.

7-BAF3283-3717-4-E03-AF8-E-B9928-E899925.gif
Incredible we have posters greeting he was offside.I actually think they wanted the goal disallowed just so they could give him pelters.

Back