Criticism of the team and manager

bluewater1

I understand people's frustrations but when we are winning some people on this site are throwing out predictions of what we are going to do tank teams like Aberdeen and Hearts. When we are loosing they again lose their minds but in the opposite direction. On days like these how I wish I could feck off back to the lounge for the sake of my sanity!

Last edited:
The criticism is justified going on the last 4 games

simply not good enough and I can’t believe Gerrard can’t find anything to criticise them for after yesterday

gutless performance

Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling. People with schizophrenia require lifelong treatment.

That is us, in fact, it inhabits most football fans.

Of course, Ibrox being bigger, there are more of them. :(

Gerrard has been backed massively by the board but here we are in February probably just two bad results away from Neil Lennon of all people winning 5 trophies in just over a year at “them”.

Not good enough, we can’t go on year after year winning nothing and pretending that all is well cause of who the manager is.

Criticism is deserved as we’ve completely collapsed 2 seasons in a row after the winter break.

The players and Manager are not beyond criticism. Some of it might be over the top on here but our recent form is not defendable.

Recent form has been bogging. Can't believe the similarities to last year. Can't stand the winter break likewise the internationals. we always seem to struggle when we come back.

I think it’s hysterical - the criticism of Gerrard. Seriously?!! After having Pedro and Murty. We get Gerrard and a group of staff that have improved us drastically and after 2 poor results they want him gone and make statements like he can’t change a game!!!

Show me a manager who is capable of doing it. Consistently. Show me a top team who have a plan B.
If the manager has to change it. It means the initial set up and plan was wrong. If a team need a plan B all the time then the manager is setting up wrong initially.
We are in the last 32 of EL, lost the league cup to a dodgy decision, lost 2 games in the league. So the stats show that the set up and performance is doing fine.
The problem I feel is that we need to make the step from good team to winners. Which is a fine line and tough to do. Plus, like every other team, take out the good players and performances drop (Jack, Tav and Buff)

I think it’s hysterical - the criticism of Gerrard. Seriously?!! After having Pedro and Murty. We get Gerrard and a group of staff that have improved us drastically and after 2 poor results they want him gone and make statements like he can’t change a game!!!

Show me a manager who is capable of doing it. Consistently. Show me a top team who have a plan B.
If the manager has to change it. It means the initial set up and plan was wrong. If a team need a plan B all the time then the manager is setting up wrong initially.
We are in the last 32 of EL, lost the league cup to a dodgy decision, lost 2 games in the league. So the stats show that the set up and performance is doing fine.
The problem I feel is that we need to make the step from good team to winners. Which is a fine line and tough to do. Plus, like every other team, take out the good players and performances drop (Jack, Tav and Buff)

I think this is about the best summing up of our current form. I agree with all of what you say here.

Just feels like a bad nitemare as things where going great before Xmas ! Need to buck up our ideas as We are still in Europe & Scottish cup

I understand people's frustrations but when we are winning some people on this site are throwing out predictions of what we are going to do tank teams like Aberdeen and Hearts. When we are loosing they again lose their minds but in the opposite direction. On days like these how I wish I could feck off back to the lounge for the sake of my sanity!
Couldn't agree more this place is mental after a poor result

Think it's time we stopped harping on about murty and pedro and the bad times.

It's ok to point out the current managers failings rather than ignoring it and keeping silent. The dignified silence is what got us to pedro and murty in the first place.

It’s been poor from we came back from break mate

The past 4 games have clearly demonstrated how important Tavernier is to the team. Not having Tavernier and also a properly fit Ryan Jack last week (and then his absence yesterday) has been a telling factor. We just do not look like the team that was so good during December.

Everything brilliant 1 game, get rid of whole team next game. Fickle.
The last 4 games have been pish.

There is a worry that since beating the beasts something has changed.

Team looks flat and play with no imagination or energy.

Fact or fickle?

There are some who go OTT but truth is we've made the league very difficult to win now.

My worry is that in the last couple of interviews Gerrard looks as bemused as we do as to the collapse in form of our team. His interview after the Hearts game was of a Man who was actually confused as to what happened.
to come back after 1 winter break was bad enough but explainable as we signed 2 players and played them from the off while unfit.
But this seasons slump has been a complete mystery and the management team look as confused as the players and fans Yes. We have had 2 or 3 players out injured or suspended but surely our season can’t collapse with 2 or 3 missing a few games. If so that’s not a good sign.
We ended 2019 on a high with great hopes. 1 month in we have left a mountain to climb and another league loss could mean the Scottish cup the only chance of silverware. Lose that and Lennon will have helped accumulate 9 in a row and 12 trophies in a row. Does not bear thinking about.

Some of the stuff written on the forum about Gerrard has been way over the top.
I see your point about the lounge

I dunno OP. I think everyone is pretty justified in their condemnation of our players and management over the last week. Bottom of the league team and a poor sheep on our own ground should equal 2 hammerings.

They know the stakes and should be crawling off the pitch after every game just now.

We have all these coaching gurus and not one can change a game for the good, that’s a huge worry for me

Ojo is definitely the whipping boy of the moment but the fact Gerrard constantly plays him and thought he was going to be a game changer as a sub is worrying!

Criticism is justified when you consider the team selections, stubbornness to change things and Gerrards subs.

Gerrards inability to change the shape from a 4-3-2-1 is what’s costing us as teams know how to sit in and frustrate us.

The team deserve to be criticised for yesterday as it was very poor. Gerrard could have changed it earlier than he did as it was clear we were lacking a spark in the final third and we were pedestrian in midfield. Talk of him being under pressure and potentially losing his job is crazy talk from idiots who have been desperate to call for his head for months. They've got their opportunity now and they'll take it.

Back