Croatia u21s v France u21s

Iv usually got a good eye for a player, that prick just really irked me for some reason

No, you just cojldnt spot a player through the blue tinted specs. Was obvious he was going to do the business at a higher level than Scottish football. Scored regularly in the championship as a teenager, that alone should have given it away even if you didn't see the guy in Scotland.

Guingamp bought Thuram for £500k. I would love to see us get a scout dedicated to finding that sort of young talent. Develop them for a few years and then sell them on for massive profits

Guingamp bought Thuram for £500k. I would love to see us get a scout dedicated to finding that sort of young talent. Develop them for a few years and then sell them on for massive profits
The only way to go until we can get into a more lucrative set-up.

No, you just cojldnt spot a player through the blue tinted specs. Was obvious he was going to do the business at a higher level than Scottish football. Scored regularly in the championship as a teenager, that alone should have given it away even if you didn't see the guy in Scotland.

Nothing to do with that, will leave it at that.

I genuinely think a large number of people are just incapable of recognising what makes a good striker other than scoring goals. Guys like Kris Boyd, Scott McDonald, Leigh Griffiths, Kenny Miller have all scored more goals at their best than Dembele and Morellos.

But none of those players who stood out in terms of SPFL goals compare in terms of touch, movement, physicality, and linking the play. Plus aside of the more subtle things, Morellos and Dembele will both chip in with a reasonable amount of goals at a higher level than the Scottish league.

I think Miller was a level above the other 3 you've listed there mate. Had a lot more to his all round game than those 3 and was far more than just a goalscorer. Just need to compare how much better he done internationally than guys like Griffiths, McDonald & Boyd.

Very good player in his prime and I don't think Morelos has quite hit that level yet.

I genuinely think a large number of people are just incapable of recognising what makes a good striker other than scoring goals. Guys like Kris Boyd, Scott McDonald, Leigh Griffiths, Kenny Miller have all scored more goals at their best than Dembele and Morellos.

But none of those players who stood out in terms of SPFL goals compare in terms of touch, movement, physicality, and linking the play. Plus aside of the more subtle things, Morellos and Dembele will both chip in with a reasonable amount of goals at a higher level than the Scottish league.

Been saying this for years mate.

The "all he does is score goals!!!" patter with Boyd on here at the time used to have me tearing my hair out.

I think Miller was a level above the other 3 you've listed there mate. Had a lot more to his all round game than those 3 and was far more than just a goalscorer. Just need to compare how much better he done internationally than guys like Griffiths, McDonald & Boyd.

Very good player in his prime and I don't think Morelos has quite hit that level yet.

Miller was a real worker, good movement but his touch wasn't the best. I would say him and Griffiths are a level above Boyd and McDonald, basically both one dimensional poachers though good at what they did. Griffiths, when fit and not distracted by whatever off field issues he has, was a different sort of player to Miller but still a talented boy in an off the cuff sort of way.

Katic looks a class act in that team. Head and shoulders above, and not just height.

Been very composed first half.

This French team are top class. Less said about Croatia the better.

Won't be surprised to see a few of them in the French team soon. Dembele head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

19th Century Terrorist bassa

Week's holiday or straight out to Portugal for Katic?
Glad Croatia got bumped out for Rangers/Selfish reasons...the big man was easily their best defender and full honours cannot be far away. Especially if Benkovic went for £10m plus to Leicester and has caps

Back