Croatia vs England

mck1872

Official Ticketer
Huge game, really looking forward to seeing how it goes - can't see a high scoring game but it'll be very intriguing.

Going for 1-0 England.

Will be decided on how well Croatia cope with England at set-pieces. - and, perhaps, on how strong the referee is.

I will forecast Croatia to cope well and Modric/Rakatic to put England to the sword.

1-0 Croatia.

2-0 England, Croatia will have seen their arse after the last two games.

It's a tough one to call. I Think both styles suit the other team, Croatia will want to control the ball and play in England's 3rd, England will want Croatia high up the park to play over the top.

It'll come down to whether England can stop Croatia doing enough with the ball and whether Croatia can make sure every chance falls to Sterling instead of Kane.

Can see this going in to extra time and possibly penalties.
Both teams aren't exactly World beaters, just been lucky that the mighty Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Spain didn't turn up.

Very evenly matched teams. Croatia probably have the better players, but Englands team spirit and organisation gives them a great chance.

I think the two games in extra time for Croatia will take their toll and England will beat them.

Can see this going in to extra time and possibly penalties.
Both teams aren't exactly World beaters, just been lucky that the mighty Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Spain didn't turn up.

Agree with this. Also the fact Italy and Holland didn't even qualify. Think England could do this as physically look stronger than the Croats. If Croatia can work out how to defend the England set pieces though they have a chance.

For all those reckoning Croatia will be knackered after 2 long games, the reality is they have only played an extra 30 minutes of actual football more than England. If Modric and Rakitic are on their game they will dominate the game and give Mandzukic opportunities. Croatia weak link is likely their left back Strinic, took them until more than 70 minutes to sub him in Russia game.

As I am wearing my red and white checks today I am rooting for a local win. Will be a close 2-1 Hrvatska.

I think England will get through tonight, but I still believe France will have too much overall in the final.

England's defence is susceptible. They might be able to squeeze through today but I doubt they'd be able to contain the French. We'll see.

Think England will win tonight, the longer the game goes on the more tired Croatia will become after their last two rounds.

3-1 to England.

England are the slightly better side so I think they will nick it 2-1, but I won't be surprised if Croatia win as they do have the likes of Rakatic, Modric and Mandzucic. This is the match to decide the runner-up IMO.

I fancy England to win although on paper it is their toughest test. Croatia have some quality players but they seemed to be running on empty against the Russians near the end.

i think england will win but would prefer the croats to go through , hopefully modric and rakitic run rings round them

England to win in 90 minutes. Kane to score as England go 2- or 3-0 up, then Modric to get a late consolation for Croatia.

Were very unlikely to see a classic and the Denmark Croatia match springs to mind for quality, or lack of it on this match.

Croatia to scrape through. Backed Croatia at 33/1 pre-tournament so not really fussed who wins as I'd love England to win it.

Rio Ferdinand setting himself up for a massive fail, saying that they will win 2 or 3 nil. I think Croatia have a stronger starting 11.

Whatever happens tonight I hope there's no crying on or off the pitch. Don't want to see pictures of blubbering players or fans. Just take it on the chin and accept that they've done well to get this far.

England's defence is susceptible. They might be able to squeeze through today but I doubt they'd be able to contain the French. We'll see.
For all Frances excellent counter attacking and neat play, their goal yesterday was a header from a corner. Their goals against Uruguay were a header from a free kick and a goalkeeping howler.

They never scored against Denmark, they scored 1 against Peru and 2 against Australia. The only team they've blitzed was Argentina and they nearly made an arse of that as well.

But I've got France in the works Sweep so let's hope they can put a few away in the final.

2-0 to her majesty's finest.

Croatia are bang average. Yes they have a decent midfield but the defence is poor. If Lovren is the best they can come up with I can't see them stopping Harry Kane and co. I'll be sitting out the back in my England shirt and union jack towel for 30 mins before kick off.... The mentally challenged next door will be raging and it won't even be kick off yet :D

For all Frances excellent counter attacking and neat play, their goal yesterday was a header from a corner. Their goals against Uruguay were a header from a free kick and a goalkeeping howler.

They never scored against Denmark, they scored 1 against Peru and 2 against Australia. The only team they've blitzed was Argentina and they nearly made an arse of that as well.

But I've got France in the works Sweep so let's hope they can put a few away in the final.

Fair point. I see Courtois and Haazrd are calling out the French as "anti-football". I guess it's the impression you get when watching them - the movement, speed and how they flood forward.

How many Croatia players would get into England's team? Modric, Rakitic and Perisic probably? Struggling to see anybody else I'd swap for their English Counterpart.

England should win this but it's a one off game so anything can happen.

Interesting analysis. It will certainly make for a tight game if England do get to the final.
Both set-piece dependent and fairly cautious.

After last night I can’t see France losing regardless of their opponents. If they put the screws on Belgium(for the most part) as an attacking unit I doubt very much they’ll have a problem with England or Croatia.

Back