Crouch talking about Gerrard at Liverpool

TheSpark

On Radio 5 live just now.

I’m getting goosepumps just listening to him talking about our managers high standards when they trained together. ‘He would be pinging venomous balls to you from all angles - miscontrol one, i’d get the evils- more than one, he’d be looking at you as if ‘what the fxx am I playing with here’.

They love him still.

Good listen honestly. Peter Crouch podcast I think it was. Crouch went on to say that he and SG had a ‘special relationship’ (that was Gerrard assists/Crouch scores). Until Torres arrived and he felt as if SG “was unfaithful to him” and FT scored 30 goals !! :D

I seen an interview with our gaffer, where he said that he wanted to be the best player in training every day and if he wasn’t, he’d go home and think deeply about how he could rectify it the next day. He emphasised that you have to be obsessed.

I get the feeling that training plays a large part in how the gaffer judges players and may explain why Andy Halliday - who looked to have no Rangers future at one point - became an important part of the squad, and why the likes of Grezda are out of the picture.

I seen an interview with our gaffer, where he said that he wanted to be the best player in training every day and if he wasn’t, he’d go home and think deeply about how he could rectify it the next day. He emphasised that you have to be obsessed.

I get the feeling that training plays a large part in how the gaffer judges players and may explain why Andy Halliday - who looked to have no Rangers future at one point - became an important part of the squad, and why the likes of Grezda are out of the picture.

And Lafferty bombed out altogether.

Gerrard was never really one of my favourite players until I was in Valencia on holiday and I nabbed a last minute ticket to see them play Liverpool in the CL.
His passing that night was laser-guided and it blew me away.
Didn’t realise how good he was until I saw it in the flesh.

It's because of this anecdote (and the fact he wears a suit while the coaches wear trackies) that made my gf label the Gaffer a 'tyrant' :O I think he's a God.

I’m getting goosepumps just listening to him talking about our managers high standards when they trained together. ‘He would be pinging venomous balls to you from all angles - miscontrol one, i’d get the evils- more than one, he’d be looking at you as if ‘what the fxx am I playing with here’.

They love him still.

The Gaffer was on Crouchy’s new TV show & told Crouchy that he only got a look because he knew him.

Having a set of standards that can't be dropped below are what will be making a massive difference at our club.

The way it should be...

In his book he says he would write players off after one training session. Can't mind the player off the top of my head.

They love him still.

Peter Crouch has so much respect and admiration for Steven Gerrard that in his autobiography 'How To Be A Footballer', he dedicates the final chapter to our gaffer.

Chapter title is 'Gerrard'.

Didn't take him long to suss out Windass either.

Steven Gerrard and Rangers is a marriage made in heaven. On another thread I suggested he’s the best signing we have EVER made. I still stand by that statement.

A magnificent player and respected world wide and he’s ours meanwhile across the city the wagons are circling.

Crouch interviews Gerard on the 1st episode of 'back of the net ' on Amazon prime . Decent 1st episode , has Patrice evra on it .

A magnificent player and respected world wide and he’s ours meanwhile across the city the wagons are circling.
I hope they just do enough to keep him(Lennon), just enough not to get sacked, just enough not to realise how f.ucking shite he is and replace him.

Gerrard will Tare him a new arse!

Back