Crusaders FC, Belfast, Keeping The Faith documentary

mdingwall

Administrator
In BBC Northern Ireland tonight at 10.40 - full show should be on iPlayer later.

Wee clip here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05kcvjl

hy4tu8h.png

SB7aFky.png

Also a heads up for Linfield v Crusaders, NI Premiership, Live on Sky Football Channel (and main event) at 19.45 tonight. Looking forward to the documentary too, cheers for the heads up.

Interesting in the documentary that despite his worries the main problems he gets are from Cliftonville. Exactly the same as MoJo, and all our other catholic players.

If I remember correctly, their star player in the 60's was Danny Hale. He refused to play a mid week match because " he would rather watch Celtic than play for Crusaders ". Remember my da going haywire as we lived close to Seaview. I believe he went to Parkhead for the European cup tie ( Upest Djoza perhaps ) and no action taken. Always wanted Linfied to bury them after that even more than they used to. Hale was a bitter poet of the highest order.

I recorded it on the Sky box,and watched it last night.Great documentary.Had a wee chuckle at one of the few Catholics who play for The Crues,goalkeeper Sean O'Neil,who said he gets pelters from Protestant opposition for obvious reasons,and the same from Catholic opponents,who accused him of "Selling Out".

Back