Cryptic Kent Speaks

I get he has signed a contract and has to honour it-but within that employment he'll have asked for certain assurances regarding offers that directly affect his future.
It's whether Liverpool have made promises to the lad or not,and whether they have failed to then deliver on said promises.

I personally can't stand Zaha at palace,the boy is a grade A tosser of the highest order and by all accounts,not half as decent a lad as young Kent.However-Palace agreed to let him go if a suitable offer came in,and both Arsenal and Everton made some extremely lucrative offers that could have been considered more than fair in that respect-yet Palace refused to sell and kept moving the goalposts to what I would say was an unreasonable degree.

Regarless of the contract or what money they're getting,an agreement made in good faith should be honoured nonetheless.It's c.untish behaviour imo.

Nope, it works the other way mate. Clubs offer long contracts then change their mind. If they are making him waste away in the under 23 squad after a good season in spl and europe you would be quite rightly fucked off

Of course.
But there are no dramatic bible verses posted on “insta” by the dozens of chancers and wasters who have found themselves on the good side of a 5 year deal on 30k a week.
Not much sympathy for the clubs at that point I reckon.

I love Kent, I’d be over the moon to have him back here but if that’s a Rangers player under contract sitting with the violin out on social media?
This place would be doing its fucking nut.

Does anyone realistically think if Liverpool don't receive an agreeable bid to buy that they're going to let an asset stagnate in the reserves?

They want to sell him, so they will continue with the message that a loan is off the cards. As transfer windows across the continent close I am sure their thoughts will turn to placing him in another shop window until next year when they will try to sell again.

Whether that shop window will be ours or not remains to be seen.

This isn't good for Ryan and the saga hasn't been the best for us either. It's a shame but we need to move on. Barker looks a cracking player.

Does anybody else think that between this and the “slave” stuff he’s making a bit of a tit of himself?
He signed the contract ffs.

It's unprofessional as it gets. Imagine him playing for us then having his head turned then acting like a wee teenage lassy on Instagram like that.

Fair play things aren't working out how you want but you signed a contract.

Can see him being back before the close of the window , especially since no other club has bid before the English deadline. What would make sense to you as Liverpool manager? To have him wasting in the reserves all season , or playing in front of 50,000 and in Europe and possibly pushing his value even higher. It’s a no brainer.

Really is mental what a few good results and performances can do to your mindset. I said after Killie we NEED Kent but now after seeing Jones’ last two performances I’m much more relaxed on the situation. If we get him it’s a bonus

You’re saying that Liverpool have said they want to sell him but now won’t and are deliberately hampering his career?

What facts do we know that prove this?

Its literally what has happened/is happening.

Fact 1: Klopp has said he should be sold.

Fact 2: nobody bid for him.

Fact 3: Steven Gerrard asked again to get him on loan last week, Liverpool said no.

Fact 4: He played in front of 3 men and a dug for Liverpool u-23s at the weekend.

This isn't good for Ryan and the saga hasn't been the best for us either. It's a shame but we need to move on. Barker looks a cracking player.

Really is mental what a few good results and performances can do to your mindset. I said after Killie we NEED Kent but now after seeing Jones’ last two performances I’m much more relaxed on the situation. If we get him it’s a bonus

I really like Kent. Who wouldn't like him after stookying Mongo? :D

However, I very much suspect that Jones, Ojo, Aribo and Barker will all have us not missing him at all before the end of this season.

Don't get me wrong. If we can get him back on loan I'd be delighted. However, I honestly won't lose a wink of sleep if we don't. That's very much due to the performances of Jones and Aribo, in particular.

Whatever happens, though, I'll always have fond recollections of his season with us, if that's all we ever see.

Ryan Kent has told Liverpool that he wants to return to Rangers. He's not interested in moving to the Championship. He loved his time at Rangers. He loves Glasgow. He wants to return.

Liverpool are saying no as we can't afford the fee they want for him.

A loan is the best deal for all parties but Liverpool are playing hard ball.

Last edited:
I like Jones as a player, but if we have a chance to add Kent on a years loan or for a reasonable price then we should do it.

The more wingers we have that can win their one-on-one battles, the better.

It's unprofessional as it gets. Imagine him playing for us then having his head turned then acting like a wee teenage lassy on Instagram like that.

Fair play things aren't working out how you want but you signed a contract.

If he was at us, we told him he had no future at club, asked for ridiculous money far in excess of his actual value and basically stuck him playing reserve or unders football, then he would be quite within his rights to express his disappointment, or as you put it, act like a wee teenage lassie!

You can't be serious.

You really think Liverpool would do that to Steven Gerrard? That Kent would do that to us? That Scott Brown would say "Hey Ryan, don't worry about decking me in that game earlier this year, come on in"
Liverpool really won't give a shit, business is business and all that.

If no one comes in with a bid for Kent including us, and the mentally challengeds bid, he may see them as a better option than the U23's.

Scott Brown is a mongo so probably would welcome him in.

Does anybody else think that between this and the “slave” stuff he’s making a bit of a tit of himself?
Certainly unprofessional but when you're seeing other players your age being loaned out including one to the club you were just at and you're being told you're too old for another loan but not part of the first team then i would be quite annoyed

Of course.
But there are no dramatic bible verses posted on “insta” by the dozens of chancers and wasters who have found themselves on the good side of a 5 year deal on 30k a week.
Not much sympathy for the clubs at that point I reckon.

I love Kent, I’d be over the moon to have him back here but if that’s a Rangers player under contract sitting with the violin out on social media?
This place would be doing its fucking nut.
It's shite behaviour from Kent, imagine being a slave to thousands of pounds a week while some folk are choosing between heat and food.

I still have a niggling doubt that Celtic will try and buy him but keep telling myself that he would not go there.

No chance he’d go there
For many reasons 1 being he clearly loves our club and support. Another being he punched their captain cvnt Brown.

Don't disagree but they don't exactly own his life either. Liverpool clearly want to punt him I think it's fair enough Ryan has a say in who he signs his new contract with, not be forced into it just because Liverpool want him to. If he wants to hold out for Rangers and Push for us then he's well within his rights to do so. But Liverpool are also within their rights to say no to that move aswell.

I notice Ryan has posted on his Instagram another cryptic message, this time very biblical.

In a nutshell he posted a pretty strong worded verse from the bible:
"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

Aimed at Liverpool perhaps? I hope so, he's not posted any religious type stuff before so would be strange to start unless it was directed at someone or something - Grasping at Straws Loyal!!!

Back