Cryptic Kent Speaks

LD5

Or it could be a go at us depending on what u take from it

Maybe we've told him to sit tight and he's turned a deal down elsewhere and now we've signed barker we've cooled our interest leaving him in limbo
No chance. To turn down a deal elsewhere a team would actually have to bid and have it accepted which hasn't happened.

Coatbridge Chancellor

While I would not say Jones is better yet, I do think his start has lessened the need slightly.
I'd still be very happy with Kent, but if it was debateable about paying a sizeable fee (£5-7m+) for him before, it's absolutely no chance now.

JeffreySpaulding

It is a bit shit if they are refusing to loan him out. They put a ridiculous price on him and said if nobody meets that then you're stuck in the reserves.

Drawing comparisons to if Morelos did this is completely different. We wouldn't be playing him in the reserves and if we we're, or someone else was, I'd agree that we should let them out on loan.

Still, its Liverpools player and they can do what they want. Seems like a poor way to treat a youth player they have no plan on ever playing though.

AdiGaz

Does anybody else think that between this and the “slave” stuff he’s making a bit of a tit of himself?
He signed the contract ffs.
I can see your point but at the same time hes been loaned out and went back to liverpool, he was included in pre season and then has been dropped obviously he knows hes surplus to requirements. Hes not been included in first team games since the first couple of pre season games. Liverpool should let him go on loan if thats what all parties want. Whats the point in letting a player rot away in the under 23s when a club will take him and play him in competitive matches

Laidlaw Loyal

You don't need a doctorate on Biblical exegesis to work that out. He is hitting home his feelings of exploitation and martyrdom in a really dramatic way.

GimmeShelter

Official Ticketer
Or it could be a go at us depending on what u take from it

Maybe we've told him to sit tight and he's turned a deal down elsewhere and now we've signed barker we've cooled our interest leaving him in limbo
I'd thought about that myself earlier on but surely not.

Laidlaw Loyal

I notice Ryan has posted on his Instagram another cryptic message, this time very biblical.

In a nutshell he posted a pretty strong worded verse from the bible:
"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

Aimed at Liverpool perhaps? I hope so, he's not posted any religious type stuff before so would be strange to start unless it was directed at someone or something - Grasping at Straws Loyal!!!
100% aimed at Liverpool. He feels 'like Daniel among Lions. As Ezekiel among scorpions' (Luther). Good on him for making his feelings clear.

Laidlaw Loyal

I'm glad the Millenial-Loyal are dumbfounded and embarrassed at the idea someone may have read the most influential book in human history. It cements my feelings for the future of the world.

Mabearette

Liverpool stuck a 12 mill price tag on him which was too high for Leeds let alone us and he understood he would be loaned out again but instead of being part of this season's greatly improved storming Rangers he is now playing in the under 23s in front of a couple of hundred. Absolute waste of talent. Come on Liverpool it won't hurt you to lend him back to us.

dudzo

Official Ticketer
I know he's a great player and many want him here but imagine Morelos done something similar if we rejected a move to the EPL for him there would be uproar on here
Slightly different. Kent has been told he has no future at the club and is being asked to play under 23 football

standardbarger

Playing 90 minutes of a bounce game in a training ground somewhere in rural England, while we celebrated a massive European cup competition win, followed by a huge league win, will have felt like a real kick in the baws for Kent. He wants to come home. Set him free, Liverpool FFS
Need a translation for that. Not accepting the Klopp one as entirely accurate.

This sort of stuff doeth thine cranium ineth upon itself.
Verily you are correct

Super Cooper

A most unfortunate case of being a victim of his own success. Sad situation for the lad that relies on a bit of tact from Liverpool to resolve this dire status quo.

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
In the beginning Gerrard created the defence and the midfield. Now the attacking third was formless and empty, darkness was across the inside forward position and the Spirit of Gerrard was hovering over the edge of the box. And Gerrard said’ “Let there be Kent,” and there was Kent.
When he signs, that needs to flood twitter and facebook.

frazz

I think if we qualify we will sign him either on loan to buy next year or straight purchase

Ultimately people saying where does he fit and the answer is we then no longer rely on loans going forward they are a bonus

We are building a strong squad but it is also a squad that has a lot of value in it longer term

Davie Weir

In the beginning Gerrard created the defence and the midfield. Now the attacking third was formless and empty, darkness was across the inside forward position and the Spirit of Gerrard was hovering over the edge of the box. And Gerrard said’ “Let there be Kent,” and there was Kent.
Made me laugh so much mate !:))

AriseSirWalter

A few things.

Kent can be excused being a bit pissed off, also he’s young, passionate and clearly an emotional type. I don’t think he’s been immature or disrespectful to Liverpool here at all.

He is somewhat a victim of his own ability. He’s on the books of the European champions, showed up well in pre season so I’m the inflated market down there Liverpool want what he’s worth. We can’t pay that so we can’t buy him.

Kent quite clearly has been bitten by the Rangers bug and would seem he’s willing to give us one more year on his ‘modest’ wages in a loan scenario before he cashes in on his next big contract. Let’s hope it happens.

It makes no sense for Liverpool to keep him in their reserves.

And those saying we don’t need him because of Jones need to sober up, Kent is several levels above Jones.
What does that mean? As far as I can tell Kent’s only successful stint has been at SPFL which is the level Jones is operating at, Jones is also an internationalist.

Instead of talking about undefined ‘levels’ how would you compare both players in terms of;

- speed
- acceleration
- technical ability
- defensive discipline
- effectiveness i.e. goals/assists

For as much as we all loved him, Kent wasn’t always the most effective, one of our biggest criticisms of the team last season was our inability to break down teams that sat in, that was what we wanted from Kent. In terms of speed, acceleration and effectiveness early signs are favourable for Jones.

Jones might also struggle against teams who sit in or he might not do it against cel’ic which Kent did to be fair but Jones’ performance against hibs was more effective than anything Kent done last season.

A1bertz

We have our own players to develop.
This now could possibly rock the apple cart.
Time to put this to bed and lock the bedroom door

Hap Hapablap

What does that mean? As far as I can tell Kent’s only successful stint has been at SPFL which is the level Jones is operating at, Jones is also an internationalist.

Instead of talking about undefined ‘levels’ how would you compare both players in terms of;

- speed
- acceleration
- technical ability
- defensive discipline
- effectiveness i.e. goals/assists

For as much as we all loved him, Kent wasn’t always the most effective, one of our biggest criticisms of the team last season was our inability to break down teams that sat in, that was what we wanted from Kent. In terms of speed, acceleration and effectiveness early signs are favourable for Jones.

Jones might also struggle against teams who sit in or he might not do it against cel’ic which Kent did to be fair but Jones’ performance against hibs was more effective than anything Kent done last season.
It’s called using my eyes mate, Jones is good, Kent is better. A lot better.

bluecode03

A religious post on FF trying to decipher a message from Instagram. Definitely a sign of the times. Jones or Kent ? If we get him back it’s strength in depth way beyond where we were two seasons ago. One thing for sure if it happens and we beat them Ibrox next month then it’s 55. You know you want this Ryan.