Cryptic Kent Speaks

I know he's a great player and many want him here but imagine Morelos done something similar if we rejected a move to the EPL for him there would be uproar on here

Neither is Barker but I don't see why we need all three when other areas need addressed.

Barker has a similar style of play and his career is not too far off what Kent's was prior to joining us. Barker was also more highly rated as a youngster than what Kent was. Should we not try and develop him and see what he's all about first?

We should be looking to improve our first 11 always

If Kent becomes available, he instantly improves our first 11 therefore he should be signed

Would assume it's aimed at Liverpool but surely "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you" is a reference to the Kent top accidentally going back up on the Gers store for like an hour a week ago?

I know he's a great player and many want him here but imagine Morelos done something similar if we rejected a move to the EPL for him there would be uproar on here

Exactly why we should keep out of his and Liverpools beef.

We've asked, they said no, just leave it at that unless they change their mind and we get notified. We don't want to rock the boat, we clearly have a good relationship with them at present.

They aren't doing anything for him now other than threatening to stump his development, he has every right to be upset.

And its hardly a tantrum.

They are paying him, and he needs to be more professional than this.

Would love to see what your view would be on a Rangers player acting like this.

Moreover, Rangers will be keen to keep Liverpool onside, so we will be miles away from this immature daftness.

This thread started at 2:51 and has gathered 6 pages already. Thinking to myself wow something must have happened I eagerly open if up, read the first few posts but nothing much happening.
So with great anticipation I decide to go straight to the last page to garnish the exciting developments. Really I should know FF by now. Would it be wide of the mark to guess everything in the middle is drivel too? :rolleyes:

This thread started at 2:51 and has gathered 6 pages already. Thinking to myself wow something must have happened I eagerly open if up, read the first few posts but nothing much happening.
So with great anticipation I decide to go straight to the last page to garnish the exciting developments. Really I should know FF by now. Would it be wide of the mark to guess everything in the middle is drivel too? :rolleyes:

Drivel from back to front, including my posts.

But we all want Kent so it's understandable

Drivel from back to front, including my posts.

But we all want Kent so it's understandable
I'm on holiday so went for a wee afternoon nap, otherwise I'd have been contributing :D

You know what it's like though sometimes it just seems too many posts not to be something exciting. As I said though I should know though.

We are actively looking to move players out. We will see where the squad is at come the end of the transfer window. Gerrard wants 2 players for every position and even bringing Kent back, we could be in that position when we move guys out the door.

I actually agree Barker seems a pointless signing when we already have Jones. Said as much the other day but Kent is a different kettle of fish we simply need to move for a player of his quality if its doable.

Barker isn't too dissimilar to Kent prior to joining Rangers - baring injury (9 hamstring injuries).

Gerrard had spoken about his style. Surely he's got to be given a chance to see if he's got what it takes and if the coaching staff can improve him, like Kent. Sitting on the bench or in the stands won't do Barker any good. He's the same age as Kent and needs to be playing football.

People will say he won't be on much money but that's not the point. It's still a transfer fee and wages plus another body in a bloated squad.

I would take Kent over Jones and Barker every day of the week FWIW.

I'm on holiday so went for a wee afternoon nap, otherwise I'd have been contributing :D

You know what it's like though sometimes it just seems too many posts not to be something exciting. As I said though I should know though.

I know exactly what it's like :D

A wee skip of the heartbeat when you see a huge amount of posts in a short space of time, only for the excitement to sap away as page by page you flick through and realise it's all just people talking shîte and posting gifs of knobs getting polished.

Love it!

It's not really similar though.

It would be similar if we told him he had no future at Rangers, refused him a move he badly wanted and stuck him in the under 23's to rot... It's a weird situation.

It's not really similar though.

It would be similar if we told him he had no future at Rangers, refused him a move he badly wanted and stuck him in the under 23's to rot... It's a weird situation.

Don’t understand why people are trying to say or believe otherwise mate it’s crazy.

Kent might not be a dead deal depending who goes out the door imo.

If we can get Middleton, Hastie and Murphy all away on loan for example then I can see there being room for Kent, provided we make the Europa groups to fund it. It will go down to the last few days of the window.

Kent might not be a dead deal depending who goes out the door imo.

If we can get Middleton, Hastie and Murphy all away on loan for example then I can see there being room for Kent, provided we make the Europa groups to fund it. It will go down to the last few days of the window.

I don't think it even matters who goes out the door — if we get the opportunity to get Kent in we'll be taking it.

we've been told hes not available for loan and liverpool want a large fee,too large a fee for us. so we have moved on.i don't think we need RK now.he was decent for us but again we've moved on. Time to forget about Kent and get behind the players we've brought in.

Does anybody else think that between this and the “slave” stuff he’s making a bit of a tit of himself?
He signed the contract ffs.

He may have signed the contract but they are the ones putting a crazy price on his head. Leeds were willing to pay £5 million and they were meant to want more than double.

A few things.

Kent can be excused being a bit pissed off, also he’s young, passionate and clearly an emotional type. I don’t think he’s been immature or disrespectful to Liverpool here at all.

He is somewhat a victim of his own ability. He’s on the books of the European champions, showed up well in pre season so I’m the inflated market down there Liverpool want what he’s worth. We can’t pay that so we can’t buy him.

Kent quite clearly has been bitten by the Rangers bug and would seem he’s willing to give us one more year on his ‘modest’ wages in a loan scenario before he cashes in on his next big contract. Let’s hope it happens.

It makes no sense for Liverpool to keep him in their reserves.

And those saying we don’t need him because of Jones need to sober up, Kent is several levels above Jones.

Last edited:
You're entitled to be pissed off whether you're earning £100 or £100,000 a week if your bosses are being arseholes.

There doesn't seem to be any point to Liverpools stance on him.

The issue isn’t really with his displeasure, it’s with equating being a professional footballer at Liverpool on a healthy contract, with being a slave.

Or it could be a go at us depending on what u take from it

Maybe we've told him to sit tight and he's turned a deal down elsewhere and now we've signed barker we've cooled our interest leaving him in limbo

He clearly wants to come back, perhaps going about it the wrong way posting that though. Why would Liverpool keep him to play youth football? Makes no sense

Maybe we've told him to sit tight and he's turned a deal down elsewhere and now we've signed barker we've cooled our interest leaving him in limbo
No chance. To turn down a deal elsewhere a team would actually have to bid and have it accepted which hasn't happened.

While I would not say Jones is better yet, I do think his start has lessened the need slightly.
I'd still be very happy with Kent, but if it was debateable about paying a sizeable fee (£5-7m+) for him before, it's absolutely no chance now.

It is a bit shit if they are refusing to loan him out. They put a ridiculous price on him and said if nobody meets that then you're stuck in the reserves.

Drawing comparisons to if Morelos did this is completely different. We wouldn't be playing him in the reserves and if we we're, or someone else was, I'd agree that we should let them out on loan.

Still, its Liverpools player and they can do what they want. Seems like a poor way to treat a youth player they have no plan on ever playing though.

Does anybody else think that between this and the “slave” stuff he’s making a bit of a tit of himself?
He signed the contract ffs.
I can see your point but at the same time hes been loaned out and went back to liverpool, he was included in pre season and then has been dropped obviously he knows hes surplus to requirements. Hes not been included in first team games since the first couple of pre season games. Liverpool should let him go on loan if thats what all parties want. Whats the point in letting a player rot away in the under 23s when a club will take him and play him in competitive matches

You don't need a doctorate on Biblical exegesis to work that out. He is hitting home his feelings of exploitation and martyrdom in a really dramatic way.

I'd thought about that myself earlier on but surely not.

I notice Ryan has posted on his Instagram another cryptic message, this time very biblical.

In a nutshell he posted a pretty strong worded verse from the bible:
"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

Aimed at Liverpool perhaps? I hope so, he's not posted any religious type stuff before so would be strange to start unless it was directed at someone or something - Grasping at Straws Loyal!!!
100% aimed at Liverpool. He feels 'like Daniel among Lions. As Ezekiel among scorpions' (Luther). Good on him for making his feelings clear.

I'm glad the Millenial-Loyal are dumbfounded and embarrassed at the idea someone may have read the most influential book in human history. It cements my feelings for the future of the world.

Liverpool stuck a 12 mill price tag on him which was too high for Leeds let alone us and he understood he would be loaned out again but instead of being part of this season's greatly improved storming Rangers he is now playing in the under 23s in front of a couple of hundred. Absolute waste of talent. Come on Liverpool it won't hurt you to lend him back to us.

Slightly different. Kent has been told he has no future at the club and is being asked to play under 23 football

Back