Cryptic Kent Speaks

Playing 90 minutes of a bounce game in a training ground somewhere in rural England, while we celebrated a massive European cup competition win, followed by a huge league win, will have felt like a real kick in the baws for Kent. He wants to come home. Set him free, Liverpool FFS
Need a translation for that. Not accepting the Klopp one as entirely accurate.

This sort of stuff doeth thine cranium ineth upon itself.
Verily you are correct

A most unfortunate case of being a victim of his own success. Sad situation for the lad that relies on a bit of tact from Liverpool to resolve this dire status quo.

In the beginning Gerrard created the defence and the midfield. Now the attacking third was formless and empty, darkness was across the inside forward position and the Spirit of Gerrard was hovering over the edge of the box. And Gerrard said’ “Let there be Kent,” and there was Kent.
When he signs, that needs to flood twitter and facebook.

I think if we qualify we will sign him either on loan to buy next year or straight purchase

Ultimately people saying where does he fit and the answer is we then no longer rely on loans going forward they are a bonus

We are building a strong squad but it is also a squad that has a lot of value in it longer term

In the beginning Gerrard created the defence and the midfield. Now the attacking third was formless and empty, darkness was across the inside forward position and the Spirit of Gerrard was hovering over the edge of the box. And Gerrard said’ “Let there be Kent,” and there was Kent.
Made me laugh so much mate !:))

A few things.

Kent can be excused being a bit pissed off, also he’s young, passionate and clearly an emotional type. I don’t think he’s been immature or disrespectful to Liverpool here at all.

He is somewhat a victim of his own ability. He’s on the books of the European champions, showed up well in pre season so I’m the inflated market down there Liverpool want what he’s worth. We can’t pay that so we can’t buy him.

Kent quite clearly has been bitten by the Rangers bug and would seem he’s willing to give us one more year on his ‘modest’ wages in a loan scenario before he cashes in on his next big contract. Let’s hope it happens.

It makes no sense for Liverpool to keep him in their reserves.

And those saying we don’t need him because of Jones need to sober up, Kent is several levels above Jones.

What does that mean? As far as I can tell Kent’s only successful stint has been at SPFL which is the level Jones is operating at, Jones is also an internationalist.

Instead of talking about undefined ‘levels’ how would you compare both players in terms of;

- speed
- acceleration
- technical ability
- defensive discipline
- effectiveness i.e. goals/assists

For as much as we all loved him, Kent wasn’t always the most effective, one of our biggest criticisms of the team last season was our inability to break down teams that sat in, that was what we wanted from Kent. In terms of speed, acceleration and effectiveness early signs are favourable for Jones.

Jones might also struggle against teams who sit in or he might not do it against cel’ic which Kent did to be fair but Jones’ performance against hibs was more effective than anything Kent done last season.

We have our own players to develop.
This now could possibly rock the apple cart.
Time to put this to bed and lock the bedroom door

What does that mean? As far as I can tell Kent’s only successful stint has been at SPFL which is the level Jones is operating at, Jones is also an internationalist.

Instead of talking about undefined ‘levels’ how would you compare both players in terms of;

- speed
- acceleration
- technical ability
- defensive discipline

For as much as we all loved him, Kent wasn’t always the most effective, one of our biggest criticisms of the team last season was our inability to break down teams that sat in, that was what we wanted from Kent. In terms of speed, acceleration and effectiveness early signs are favourable for Jones.

Jones might also struggle against teams who sit in or he might not do it against cel’ic which Kent did to be fair but Jones’ performance against hibs was more effective than anything Kent done last season.

It’s called using my eyes mate, Jones is good, Kent is better. A lot better.

A religious post on FF trying to decipher a message from Instagram. Definitely a sign of the times. Jones or Kent ? If we get him back it’s strength in depth way beyond where we were two seasons ago. One thing for sure if it happens and we beat them Ibrox next month then it’s 55. You know you want this Ryan.

You have just said Jones’ performance yesterday was better than anything Kent did last season.

For that alone, it’s just not with worth debating with you.

Serious?

What game last season would you say was Kent’s best performance?

Mate it’s a genuine question, I really hope that we get Kent back but if Jones’ last two performances is indicative of his ‘level’ then it’s not obvious Kent is the better player. He may well be but it’s not as clear cut as you made out.

Hearts at Ho
Serious?

What game last season would you say was Kent’s best performance?

Mate it’s a genuine question, I really hope that we get Kent back but if Jones’ last two performances is indicative of his ‘level’ then it’s not obvious Kent is the better player. He may well be but it’s not as clear cut as you made out.
Hearts at home and the scum at home, 2 for a start.

And in response to the attributes you mentioned in an earlier post, Kent is faster, better acceleration, is better at cutting inside and decision making.

I like Jones but to argue he is anywhere near as good as Kent is absolute madness.

Hearts at Ho

Hearts at home and the scum at home, 2 for a start.

And in response to the attributes you mentioned in an earlier post, Kent is faster, better acceleration, is better at cutting inside and decision making.

I like Jones but to argue he is anywhere near as good as Kent is absolute madness.

Ok, we’ll see Jones’ stats this season and compare to Kent’s last season.

I really don’t see why Liverpool won’t loan him out to us, given he clearly isn’t in contention for a first team place with them, and given that English sides now cannot sign players until January. He’s not going to be signed by an English side now. I don’t see how their stubbornness benefits anyone.

If they loan him to us he’ll strengthen our side which makes us more likely to win the league and to make progress in Europe. This in turn makes us more able to pay a transfer fee to them next summer.

He doesn’t replace JJ now

Yes he does. They could also both feature in same team or one might be more suited to a particular opponent.

Options!

Jones has had 2 very good performances this week.

Kent was arguably after Morelos and Tav our best player last season. The assist stat is misleading. He was part of a huge amount of our goals last season, even if he didn't play the final pass in a large amount of them!

It's a bit weird that Liverpool were prepared to let Ejaria go back on loan to Reading when he also seems to be finished at Anfield. Presumably they felt like they could get a bigger fee for Kent right now.

I think we can accommodate both if we qualify for the group stages and hopefullyprigress further

Using your eyes to see what though?

What makes him a lot better in your opinion?

His ball control is better, he’s got more in his locker when it comes to dribbling, and he’s quicker in my opinion.

Early signs are very good with Jones, but you’re jumping the gun here, and for all the talk of his Hibs performance being more effective than anything Kent produced here, Jones created 1 goal out of 6 mate. Time to calm it a bit.

Yes he does. They could also both feature in same team or one might be more suited to a particular opponent.

Options!

Jones has had 2 very good performances this week.

Kent was arguably after Morelos and Tav our best player last season. The assist stat is misleading. He was part of a huge amount of our goals last season, even if he didn't play the final pass in a large amount of them!
Ryan Jack was always our best player,IMHO.

His ball control is better, he’s got more in his locker when it comes to dribbling, and he’s quicker in my opinion.

Early signs are very good with Jones, but you’re jumping the gun here, and for all the talk of his Hibs performance being more effective than anything Kent produced here, Jones created 1 goal out of 6 mate. Time to calm it a bit.

Kent is/was the most two footed player we have had for many a year.

Opponents don’t know whether he is going left or right. Effective as Jones is, he cannot do what Ryan Kent can do.

What a boost to the support and squad should we somehow get him back up the road.

Even as a psychological hit, it would have us going tonto and have the mentally challenged filling his already soiled breeks.

All I’m saying is I disagree that Kent is many levels above Jones which was the post I responded to. With the caveat that it’s very early days.

Kent may very well be the better player but if Jones’ recent performances are what we can expect then there’s not much in it.

Jones had a go a their defence pretty much every time he got the ball at the weekend, Kent may have more tricks in his locker but the ones Jones has served him very well yesterday.

I sit one row back in WE just in line with the 18 yard box which means I get a great view of the left winger in our first halves of matches and can tell you that Jones showed much more desire to run at defences than Kent did.

Think we would be best leaving Kent to find his way forward. In all fairness he will get better offers than we can provide when he has freedom of contract.

He would be daft not to maximise his income, he has a short career. We have signed Brandon Barker we are better putting our efforts into him and Jones. We can only play two wingers. Likely a lot of games we only play one.

Kent gave us some class memories. That punch on Brown assures him legend status.

Sometimes though we have to look at the bigger picture.

- speed
- acceleration
- technical ability
- defensive discipline

Pointing out that Jones is an internationalist is a bit daft considering one is English and the other is playing for Northern Ireland. Also, Jones wasn’t an internationalist when he was Kent’s age.

The early signs with Jones are very promising but we should be looking to strengthen as much as possible.

I’d like to think that Ryan kent would never consider treating us the way he seems to be treating Liverpool.

If he is engineering a move away from the club that gave him an opportunity to develop and display his talent then he is forgetting the simplest of values - loyalty

Pointing out that Jones is an internationalist is a bit daft considering one is English and the other is playing for Northern Ireland. Also, Jones wasn’t an internationalist when he was Kent’s age.

The early signs with Jones are very promising but we should be looking to strengthen as much as possible.

I only mentioned internationalist to highlight that talk of ‘levels’ makes no sense, if you’re comparing players you should talk about their different attributes. ‘Levels’ tells you nothing.

I agree, I want Kent back. I only commented in here because I took exception to someone saying Kent is many levels above Jones.

I’d like to think that Ryan kent would never consider treating us the way he seems to be treating Liverpool.

If he is engineering a move away from the club that gave him an opportunity to develop and display his talent then he is forgetting the simplest of values - loyalty

Yes thats true but the same club is holding him back

Back