Cryptic Kent Speaks

I can - he won't. Laudrup was one of the best players in the world at that time. Players of Laudrup's ability aren't coming to Scottish football now.

In saying that Kent would absolutely improve us and I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
Look the lad has potential, he has a lot in his locker, the next two or three years might see him kick on.
If the lad is going to aim high, then why not aim for the highest.

I can - he won't. Laudrup was one of the best players in the world at that time. Players of Laudrup's ability aren't coming to Scottish football now.

In saying that Kent would absolutely improve us and I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Pretty sure Laudrup was struggling for game time in Italy when we got him. (in no way comparing the 2 BTW)

It's only a thread on the internet mate is it really ott?
It’s not this thread.

It’s been a summer of people getting their knickers in a twist over whether we would get a loan player from Liverpool and the player appearing to get caught up in it all to some extent with posting cryptic messages.

Kent was dead entertaining for Rangers last season but wasn’t nearly clinical enough to be the difference between challenging for the title or not this season.

He is nowhere near a first pick for Liverpool and I think he needs to figure out how he deals with that. It’s a case of knuckling down at his club, seeking a loan somewhere or seeking a move.

It’s not this thread.

It’s been a summer of people getting their knickers in a twist over whether we would get a loan player from Liverpool and the player appearing to get caught up in it all to some extent with posting cryptic messages.

Kent was dead entertaining for Rangers last season but wasn’t nearly clinical enough to be the difference between challenging for the title or not this season.

He is nowhere near a first pick for Liverpool and I think he needs to figure out how he deals with that. It’s a case of knuckling down at his club, seeking a loan somewhere or seeking a move.

I don't think he's done anything wrong. I think the messages he's posted are to let people know what he would like to happen. He's not spat the dummy.

Think the boy was great for us last season and I'd like him back but the question is, do we really need him now?

Kent is technically the better player, but Jones has a level of directness that Kent sometimes lacked. I agree that Kent is the better player, but Jones can contribute as much albeit with a slightly different playing style. Ideally you would have the both of them as options!
Jones has the tools to go to the top all he lacks is consistency, Kent has that hence the reason he won YPOTY, both will get better IMHO, Barker from what I saw when he was at Hibs was fast runner with no end product, hopefully that will change with coaching but it'll be Kent for me as his name on the team sheet strikes fear into teams and that's half the battle.

Think the boy was great for us last season and I'd like him back but the question is, do we really need him now?
Hed be another great addition for the flanks. Barker and Jones on theleft. Kent or Ojo right. Great options to have. Plus Kent and Ojo can float around the area too.

I might be going wildly off here, but there’s a part of me that thinks it’s a bit of a power play by Klopp just to remind people that he’s the man in Liverpool, not Gerrard.

Obviously he’s absolutely right in that regard, but the scousers regard Stevie G so highly that there could be a bit of Klopp showing everyone that he decides what’s happening and not Gerrard.

We already have our quota of players in his position. Add in Murphy back in the short term, Middleton and Hastie for the medium term, and McPake for the longer term and he'll struggle to get back to Ibrox.

It's not hard to see why he'd be peed off though. He's watching Rangers from afar knowing he'd be involved instead of playing youth football. Who wouldn't be angry?

Unfortunately for him we can't afford him.

Back