Crystal Palace Morelos

I wouldn't be happy if he left, he is our main striker whose goals can potentially see us win silverware this season.

I suspect however that if we were offered 20 million it would be accepted but would then expect a huge chunk to be sanctioned to find a replacement.

£25 million and then some addons, if we lost him in January I would expect us to sign Moussa Konate or someone that would be a good replacement. Could affect us in winning the league heavily.

I was one of those warning of just that pre-match mate. The problem wasn’t the Hearts performance though, it was our own response to it and the fact that yet again, after hitting top spot, we managed to lose it again at the first opportunity.

We've a tough run to New Year. If we can go into the break in the same position we are now, a baw hair off the top, Morelos will most definitely not be sold - at any price. If we leak points though....
Thes 4,5,6-0 forecasts are a FF madness.
Very seldom correct but that doesn’t stop the madness.
Then it doesn’t happen and the Gatling gun sprays bullets hitting everyone and everything.
Still.
I agree with the rest of your post though.
We’ll keep Morelos if there is a chance of winning the league and/or we’re still in Europe.
I reckon he’ll still be here.

His dream is to play in the EPL and he’s never hid it. If he’s given the chance to head there in January he’ll take it.
"Alfredo Morelos only cares about Alfredo Morelos" things you wont hear being said about Morelos.

FWIW I 100% Agree

I suspect there will be a release clause with a figure in - £20m ?. So it could all depend on Alfie. Maybe Defoe could have a word with him about the possibility of going through a career with out winning a medal .

Palace are absolutely desperate for a striker and have been for a couple of seasons. Benteke has been a total flop and I think Ayew has had the jersey recently. I could see them offering big money for Morelos.

If we get offered £20m he’ll be off

Morelos will force the move regardless of whether we’re top of the league or not

His dream is the EPL. He wouldn’t risk turning a move down until summer incase he got injured

Harsh reality I’m afraid

Strange that a certain unwashed player everytime he scores his value always seems to increase, yet Morelos despite how many goals he scores is always valued the same regardless by the media.

If he goes in Jan, it should only be because we receive an inflated bid reflective of the fact its the January window. An offer we simply can't afford to refuse & one which would be unlikely to be replicated in the summer.

The bigger worry for me is if he was to try & force through a move. At the very least it would affect his form or at worst he could leave.

I’d offer him an cash incentive to stay to the summer. Either a 6 month pay rise or a slice of the transfer fee.

Crystal Palace can come in for Alfie in January if they want. But with or without him they’ll finish mid table at best.

We have a league to win. Rangers will sell to CP when it suits Rangers. It shouldn’t be a case if CP will buy Morelos when it suits CP.

Maybe I’m being too naive, but I just don’t think he’s getting sold in January, full stop.

If Palace, Villa or anyone offers £20m in January it’s going to be extremely difficult to reject that sort of money.

I’m sure we’ll have several players we’ve already targeted as replacements, although admittedly it can be difficult securing them mid season.

The good news is we’ve heard this sort of thing in every one of the last three or four windows and he’s still here.

Hope we don't sell in January, if we do we should demand a premium. £25m plus add ons would be minimum

I hope we keep Alfie till summer

55 is the main goal this season. If we sell him in Jan it will make it tougher and any replacement would need to hit the ground running and that is too big a risk

If they want him in January we must increase the fee to £25-£30m as January is worst time to lose our best player

30m in January and we will bring in a ready replacement - that's the primary task of the DoF (or technical director whatever it's called now).

Thes 4,5,6-0 forecasts are a FF madness.
Very seldom correct but that doesn’t stop the madness.
Then it doesn’t happen and the Gatling gun sprays bullets hitting everyone and everything.
Still.
I agree with the rest of your post though.
We’ll keep Morelos if there is a chance of winning the league and/or we’re still in Europe.
I reckon he’ll still be here.

You actually agree with all of my post mate. :) Like you, I regularly rail against the ‘wild’ scoreline forecasts, particularly away from home. Every damned week. Occasionally works out for a home match but, very, very rarely away from home. Even in the days of Smith or Advocaat they were fairly rare. Can only assume those making such forecasts haven’t been watching football for too long,;)

As for the abuse, it often goes beyond ‘acceptable criticism‘ on here, but that’s not for me to address. The Rules are there to deal with it.

As others have said, if it is a January bid then it has to be £30M as we could potentially be giving up the league and CL spot. If we win the league, then he is a £25M player, and if we come second again regardless of what we want he will prob go for around £15M imo.

My guess is, the Scottish media will jump up and down, making lots of noise about Alfie leaving over the course of the winter, which makes me confident he'll be here until the end of the season.

9iS7LEe.gif

Back