CTM Original MyGers Member Day Trip Thread

Thats what Hope from CTM just told me on the phone. Didn’t even acknowledge my point about how I’ve paid £805 as I bought an independent match ticket yet I’m getting less time in Seville than someone who’s paid £719 and has a free match ticket as well.

Just seems daft how it’s been done. Glad we are all going but at the same time a bit pissed off with them. Rangers need to find someone new to do this. How can Barrhead Travel get their flights leaving earlier than CTM’s when theirs went on sale after we had paid CTM?

Think she should be renamed Hopeless tbh.

Surely it’s not by surname, I’m B and on flight 3 so unless there’s 2 flights of A that’s nonsense.

I'm on flight 3 with my son, and my surname begins with C...

The lesson from euro travels with CTM this season... Is Rangers need to seek a new travel partner. Yesterday was ridiculous, having to wait until after 17.00 to find out your flight time, not to mention the ridiculous flight times for flights 2 & 4. Why could CTM not have provisionally early morning slots? Surely we should have had better times than Barrhead Travel?

Just spoke with CTM. Flights allocated by Surname. Not who booked first, not who has more MyGers points etc.

I appreciate they need to find a quick way to do it but that’s a shambles really. So if you are on one of the earlier flights, congratulations it’s because your surname is first in the alphabet :))
My surname begins with Y and I'm flight 1 so they've lied there.

My mates on the Barrhead travel day trip…their itinerary is is much better than ours. And when I say Barrhead Travel it’s actually a 3rd party company they use which didn’t actually take any bookings or have plane sorted until Monday 9th May.

Glasgow Depart - 08:10
Seville Arrival - 12:40

Seville Depart - 02:55
Glasgow Arrival - 05:25

Bloody direct to and from Seville. CTM are a farce.

My issue is the email with applications stated early morning departure. 8,8.45 and 9.20 are not early morning. There are 7 of us going, at least they put us all on the same flight and bus but we booked the lounge as two kids coming so they could get fed and hassle free for a beer at 5am and don’t leave to 9.20, absolute joke that and we will be lucky to get half an hour in there. This will be the last time I do the day trip.

My issue is the email with applications stated early morning departure. 8,8.45 and 9.20 are not early morning. There are 7 of us going, at least they put us all on the same flight and bus but we booked the lounge as two kids coming so they could get fed and hassle free for a beer at 5am and don’t leave to 9.20, absolute joke that and we will be lucky to get half an hour in there. This will be the last time I do the day trip.

Official Day trips in the past have been fine, especially with Thomas Cook. Rangers should just hire Sport Options or give them a contract to do it from next season onwards.

My mates on the Barrhead travel day trip…their itinerary is is much better than ours. And when I say Barrhead Travel it’s actually a 3rd party company they use which didn’t actually take any bookings or have plane sorted until Monday 9th May.

Those times are cracking!

I'm on the 5am out- so need to leave for airport at 2.30am! OUCH.
And then a 2.5 hour coach to Malaga after the game- better hope we win otherwise that is gonna be torture!

And then a 2.5 hour coach to Malaga after the game- better hope we win otherwise that is gonna be torture!
If you want to swap for a 9.20 flight then just let me know ;)

Just spoke with CTM. Flights allocated by Surname. Not who booked first, not who has more MyGers points etc.

I appreciate they need to find a quick way to do it but that’s a shambles really. So if you are on one of the earlier flights, congratulations it’s because your surname is first in the alphabet :))
I’m flight 4 with a surname beginning with H

I find that a tad nuts.

If you want to swap for a 9.20 flight then just let me know ;)
I totally would, but I’m having a nightmare with CTM already mate. Don’t think they are very accommodating.
They had double booked me on 2 flights with 2 tickets.
Said they would cancel one, but no refund :-O
After being on phone for an hour they eventually agreed to transfer one of the slots to one of my pals.

Absolutely hopeless

Can’t be the case as me and a fried both with surnames beginning with S on flight 2. Bollocks. But accepted the time now. Will still enjoy none the less and hopefully we bring the trophy home

I asked first about swapping ;)

and CTM say I’m on the swap list first.

They said I just need someone to phone up and say they want a later flight.

So flight 4 is only at C which is the start of my surname- methinks they are talking bull

What a farce this is, my dad has still not received a ticket in his uefa app despite paying £719 and getting flight/coach confirmation.
Can’t get a hold of ticket office, can’t get a hold of CTM.. what the actual %^*& are you meant to do?
This is what happens when you leave it until the very last minute to send out itineraries etc

I’m on the 8am if suits you better!

I posted on this thread before about needing to do the day trip because I have a 9:20am hospital appointment on Thursday. I’m flight 4 which is due to arrive back at 5:55am. Knowing CTM as I know CTM we won’t get back at that time so I’ve pushed my appointment back to 11am. Mon the NHS!

What a farce this is, my dad has still not received a ticket in his uefa app despite paying £719 and getting flight/coach confirmation.
Can’t get a hold of ticket office, can’t get a hold of CTM.. what the actual %^*& are you meant to do?
This is what happens when you leave it until the very last minute to send out itineraries etc
Hope you get sorted mate, nightmare.

I’m going to PM you.

My mate is in flight 1 and his surname begins with Y

What did I start with the alphabetical order theory B-D

Whatever they are doing, its daft, with no basis in Rangers points.

Was that 3rd Barrhead flight not £1250 though?

I'm flight 1 and my surname starts with a U. I smell bull from them.

No, they were £899
Ok , but there’s no transport to / from Seville either?

so for over £200 difference when factor in transport to / from Seville airport costs for them (and how are they all going to get back to airport after the game? be pretty wild trying to get a taxi

Ideally I’d have wanted us flying back from Seville airport as well but weighing it up, I’d probably pick CTM deal to be honest for the price difference even though the Malaga bus will be a major ballache on way back (did have to laugh when CTM saying no Spanish buses have toilets in them!

Official Day trips in the past have been fine, especially with Thomas Cook. Rangers should just hire Sport Options or give them a contract to do it from next season onwards.
I will 100% be going with Sport Options (unless it's somewhere I really fancy going for longer than a couple of days) and indie tickets for next season.

Tbf I was told I was unsuccessful as Rangers said I had no points and it was Hope that fixed with the club so not all bad lol

Don’t think so.
D and on flight 4!

On flight 1 and says check in from 3, wasn't planning on turning up till about 3, does anyone think there's any point being there earlier?

Back